Status: Oh yes. Trying to update everyday is a bit hard since my brain is malfunctioning at the moment due to a break up. So, bear with me. :)

The Lost Angel

Rude and Awkward

It didn’t take long for me to be the talk of the town. I guess.

“I don’t know if I should be jealous or proud that I have a beautiful niece.” Aunt Jenna joked at the waitress a week after my first day of school at a diner after buying me a black Ford SUV in Port Angeles.

The waitress laughed, “My son kept on telling me about her.” She quipped and I looked down on the table very much interested on the cloth covering it just to hide the blush creeping in on my face. “He kept on telling me that she’s a beauty and she indeed is.”

I felt her eyes on me and I tried my best to look up at her and smile.

“However, I have to go serve other tables.” She sighed as if she’s forced to do it- well, she probably is. “Be back in a sec.”

I sighed in relief and Aunt Jenna chuckled in front of me. “You know, you really should start accepting compliments.”

I nodded but I knew deep inside that I can’t. I can’t accept the reason I lost my family.

Our food arrived after a few minutes and in the middle of our meal, the door of the diner rang signaling new customers. “Didn’t thought that I would see them here..” Aunt Jenna mumbled while looking behind me slightly confused.

“Who?”

Her eyes diverted to me, “The Cullens. Well, two of them, anyway.”

I furrowed my eyebrows but continued eating.

“Hi, Katherine!”

I choked after hearing the chirpy voice of Alice Cullen.

“Are you alright?” she asked amused as I wheezed in front of her uncontrollably. It didn’t take another second before Aunt Jenna figured to hand me over some water. “Sorry, I didn’t mean to scare you.” She smiled brilliantly despite the circumstances.

After a few more seconds, I calmed down with my face beat red from coughing so much. “It’s fine.” I rasped and Aunt Jenna chuckled before returning back to her seat. “Would you like to join us?”

Alice Cullen glanced to her side and I finally noticed a bronze haired girl almost my age with soft brown eyes and heart shaped face. She resembles Edward Cullen.

“She’s Edward’s younger sister.” Alice smiled referring to the bronze haired girl who smiled widely. “Her name is Renesmee or Nessie. Nessie, meet Katherine.”

Nessie offered her hand for me to shake and I reluctantly accepted it. “Hi!” she said before pulling on my hand and hugging me.

I was speechless for a second before regaining from shock and mumbled “Hi” back slightly embarrassed at the proximity.

When she pulled away, she has a huge smile plastered on her face. “It’s nice meeting you!” she giggled probably sensing my discomfort and stepped back to Alice who smiled brilliantly.

“We gotta go.” She suddenly said and I almost asked her if they weren’t going to eat but bit back my tongue. It’s not my business. “Take care.” She chirped before going out of the diner with Nessie almost skipping.

I mumbled, “Take care too.” Staring at their spot confused yet again.

“Aren’t they like energizer bunnies.” Aunt Jenna commented also quite confused and I looked at her before shrugging and continuing my meal. “I hadn’t seen them socialize outside their family since..” she trailed off and I looked up at her again. “forever.” She supplied.

The next morning, I was shocked to see Edward Cullen casually leaning on my locker casually with a neutral expression. I haven’t seen him in a week and then I would see him in front of my locker.

He smiled, “Hi.”

I gave him a confused look before shaking my head and saying, “Excuse me.”

“I’m Edward.” He said while moving out of the way and standing in front of the one beside mine. “We’re supposed to be seatmates at English.” Edward continued.

I sent him a glance as I shoved my things inside the little space and asked, “Do you need anything?” after closing my locker.

He shook his head with a dazzling smile on his face as if luring me in a kind of spell. I shook my head and looked away from him. “How do you like it here?” he suddenly asked and I am almost taken aback by his sudden interest- but then I remembered that maybe he’s trying to make up from his rude behavior on my first day.

“Fine. I have to go to class.” I mumbled before stepping away from him and starting my walk to my homeroom.

He stepped beside me easily as if catching up with my clumsy steps is not that hard. Well, it is. “I’m sorry for my rude behavior back then. I wasn’t feeling well.”

“It’s fine.”

“Are you-“

I sighed, stopped walking, and turned around to face him. “What’s with the sudden interest, Mr. Cullen?” I asked and he seemed to have been taken aback but it quickly changed to an expression of amusement. “It’s fine. I’m fine and you are too. There’s no need to be too worried about it.”

It was rude but I’m not really the type to fall for those kind of conversations.

I didn’t allow him to talk and quickly turned around to go to my homeroom. My first subject with Alice Cullen yet again and I can’t help but feel the weirdness radiating off of her especially when she’s beside me smiling triumphantly as if she won the lottery.

The period is about to end when Alice turned around to face me, “Hey.” I looked at her curiously. “Carlisle invited your Aunt for dinner tonight. Did you know?”

My brows furrowed in confusion, “Uhh. No?”

She giggled, “Maybe she forgot to tell you.”

Maybe and maybe I need to rattle my brain up for a reason to not go. “Maybe.” I mumbled already feeling embarrassed for being rude to Edward a while ago.

“Why are you blushing?” Alice Cullen asked but there’s a knowing tone to her voice.

I shrugged off her tone and replied, “Maybe it’s the cold.”

During calculus, Andrea, and the other girls, can’t stop gushing about the dance next month. It’s a themed charity dance and the theme? 50’s. I plan on attending, not gonna deny that, but, my problem is where I can get a costume that’s 50’s.

Should I be dressed like Manilyn Monroe?

“I wonder who’s gonna ask me..” Andrea sighed propping her elbows on her calculus activity above her table. “Or maybe I’ll go alone.”

I stopped computing my problems for a second just to glance at her dreamy state probably imagining some guy asking her. “You’ll find someone.” I mumbled before returning back to my activity.

She turned to look at me, “But, they need to find me; not the other way around.” She complained in a low voice but it still attracted the attention of Mr. Greene and she was scolded.

Andrea is mumbling profanities under her breath after calculus. Mr. Greene apparently had struck a nerve and had over reacted- according to Andrea. She ranted and ranted as we walked side by side to our next class. The only thing that shut her up was the posters that are being posted at every bulletin board.

“You do plan on going, right?” she asked excitedly glancing at me as we both stopped to look at a poster. “You’ll have no problem finding a partner.” She remarked with a bitter note to her voice.

“I don’t need a partner, Andrea. It’s a charity fund raising.” I remarked before continuing our way to our class.

When I arrived at English, Edward Cullen is already seating at the spot next to mine writing on a black leader journal. My mind debated whether I should say sorry or not but when I sat down beside him and he looked up at me- I decided on not talking.

The whole English period was silent and my thoughts are swirling at the thought that maybe I had offended him and that I should say sorry. But, with him staring straight through my skull with a venomous look, I decided to let him cool down.

During Gym, he stayed at the other side of the benches and I felt as if he is avoiding me like I’m the plague. Maybe I did something- well, I did something wrong. I just had to admit it and say sorry or something.

When the bell rang, I stood beside the men’s changing room waiting for him to come out. And, when he did, it’s like he’s expecting it and stopped right in front of me. I was temporarily speechless. He looked like he didn’t run around while I looked like I plowed a 1 meter worth of rice field.

“Do you need anything?” he asked mimicking my tone from this morning quite well.

Ok, Katherine. No need to hold up your pride. Remember, you did it first.

I bit my lip for a second before finally blurting out, “I’m sorry for being rude this morning.”

And, it is like déjà vu saying almost the exact same thing he said this morning. He smiled and nodded before walking away to a smiling Nessie, who is a freshman, who’s standing by the exit.

The funny thing is, my whole afternoon, I had all the same classes as him. It was sort of awkward that I had to sit beside him in all of it too.

“I’ll see you later, Katherine!” Nessie called loudly at the parking lot when I was about to go inside my car. I turned around and smiled at her and Alice who both looked to excited about something- or the dinner.

Maybe I was bound to go to hell after all.