Status: Oh yes. Trying to update everyday is a bit hard since my brain is malfunctioning at the moment due to a break up. So, bear with me. :)

The Lost Angel

Smart Remarks

“Did we send her into a coma?”

“Don’t be ridiculous, Rose.” Carlisle Cullen’s voice is the most relaxed among all the other hushed whispers around me. “She was just shocked.”

“Well, dropping the vampire bomb would really send anyone off.” That sounded like Renesmee. “Well, except mom.” She added.

“Most teenagers these days would be ecstatic to know vampires.”

But, I’m not like most teenagers.

“She’s going to open her eyes.”

And I did before shooting up and staring at all their golden eyes bewildered before groaning and grabbing my head with my hand. “I must be dreaming.” I mumbled laying down again. “Or am I?”

A voice chuckled, “Nope.” Must be Emmett.

I sighed, “I want to go home.”

“I’ll give you a ride.” Edward Cullen offered in a heartbeat and I looked at him. “I won’t do anything.”

I grumbled, “Right.”

“I’m not like most teenagers.” I suddenly said out of nowhere while I sat at Edward’s passenger seat. A classical piano piece is playing on his stereo. “I’m dreaming.”

Edward chuckled, “Well, right on.”

I groaned, “Shut up.” And then turned to look at him. “Is there anything else that you’re not telling me?”

Edward’s full lips pursed and looked at me.

“Eyes on the road! You’re over the speed limit!”

He shook his head but continued staring at me. My heart beat frantically inside my chest and I looked at the windshield, ready to shout when there’s going to be a contact. “We’re vampires.”

I glanced at him and he’s finally looking at the windshield, I threw my bag at him. “You said that already! Remember?”

He sighed, “Where should I start then? This will take long. We had centuries of living, remember?” he mimicked and I tried my very best not to be brutal on him since I figured out that I’m the one hurt in the end- physically.

But, I saw his point.

“Fine. Since you’re all acting so strong, be in my room later at 7.”

He smirked, “We’re not doing anything?”

A dirty thought crossed my mind. I glared at him, “Do I need to shove your head up your ass?”

He smiled, “Touché.”

I looked out of my window silent. What have I gotten myself into? Or maybe, what had they gotten me into? It’s not that I regret knowing them or even acknowledging them- it’s just- I can’t explain this. I’m happy that I met them, that I finally knew that I have one part of my mother left though a far relative but everything’s got a downside, does it? Who would have thought that it would have been a vampire?

Or vampires.

But, Edward Cullen, the epitome of perfection. Even though I just knew that he’s a vampire, I can’t bring myself to run away from him. He like had this pull on me- and that pull is something I should ignore. I can’t be involved with him. I’m not taking a kick at my self esteem but he’s too damn perfect even being a vampire made him trustable.

But there’s something that’s bothering me since I met someone. “So, is Nessie your daughter from the past?”

He almost pushed on the breaks too hard and I noticed that I’m finally home. “What?” he asked and I rolled my eyes.

“Be in my room at seven. Do whatever you can to get in.” I replied and got out of his car without another word.

When I got inside the house, I almost gave out a loud scream as Aunt Jenna jumped on me and hugged me. “You got me all worried! I just woke up and received this voice mail from Carlisle telling me that you fainted while on your way to school!”

I peeked sideways and behind her head to the clock just to find out that it’s just 2pm. Internally groaning, I forced a smile on my face. “I’m fine, Aunt Jenna.”

With a lot of persuasion, Aunt Jenna finally allowed me to go up to my room to ‘rest’ or maybe just wait until my head drives me nuts. But, as I opened my door to my room, I yelped as I saw Edward Cullen lying on my bed almost too comfortably.

“I thought I told you ‘seven’?” I hissed lowly after closing my door and locking it.

Edward smiled at me, practically ignoring my question. I sighed in exasperation before dropping at the single seater couch by my bathroom door. “This day sucks, bigtime.”

“No, it doesn’t.”

I looked up at Edward, “Why’d you say that?”

He looked back at me, “Well, first, I’m here.”

“You’re so cocky.”

“Not always.” He smiled before continuing. “And, second, you can fire me any questions.”

I sighed, “But, I’m not yet ready to talk.” I mumbled standing up and shrugging off the straps of my blue backpack off my shoulders.

Edward watched me carefully and I crawled on my bed before dropping beside him. It felt so comfortable. If Edward is just any other man, I would have ordered for him to get out or even call the police but, he’s Edward. And, it’s just different.

“What do you suggest we do then?” I heard him ask but I kept my eyes closed. “I know you’re still awake.”

I pulled my head up and looked at him. “Well, I’m gonna sleep. Don’t you want to? You can use some of it or do you need your coffin to sleep?”

He laughed loudly but quickly stopped it suddenly turning nervous and I did feel nervous too- Aunt Jenna might hear. “Sorry. But your smart remarks today are so entertaining.”

“I’m saying the truth.” I grumbled before asking properly, “Do you sleep in coffins?”

He shook his head, “We don’t sleep.”

“At all?”

“At all.” He confirmed and I suddenly felt bad for all of them. Sleeping is a necessity, not a privilege. “We never sleep.”

I dropped my head back on my pillow and yawned, “That sucks, big time.”

“You always say that.”

I smiled slightly, “Suck it up. So, what else can you all do except be beautiful, fast, strong, hard, indestructible, and drink blood?”

“You’re so straight to the point. Just like Rose.”

“Explained by the bloodline. Now, my answer, please?”

“And so impatient.”

I groaned, “Thank you for pointing it out.”

“But, to answer you I’m a mind reader-“

My eyes went wide. What? He can read minds? With this thought, my mind went on a havoc.

He laughed, “Well, I can’t read yours.. Most of the time.”

I furrowed my eyebrows, “What do you mean most of the time?”

“I can only hear you when you’re dreaming.”

And, that’s far worse than hearing my thoughts when I’m awake. “Oh.” But then, what he said got to me, I looked at him sharply. “What? Dreaming? You..?” I trailed off and he smiled at me apologetically.

“There’s a different story for that.”

“And you must tell that well or you’ll have your ass shipped to your grave.”

He chuckled before continuing with his story. He told me about their history and when I mean them, I mean all of them and with everything he said, I didn’t notice that it’s already dinner until Aunt Jenna is knocking on my door.

“Katherine, dinner.”

I looked at the door quickly before looking back at the place where Edward once sat- and he had disappeared. I almost asked myself if I was dreaming or not. Standing up from my bed while scratching my head, I then noticed my bathroom door slightly ajar and Edward’s golden eyes peeking through it- I should ask him about that. I thought it was black.

“Yeah. Coming.” I called back before going out of my room and downstairs.

Dinner is interesting to say the least. Aunt Jenna is smiling and humming and- those signs that would point out that someone is happy and giggly. Add those to the bouquet of roses in the middle of our dining table. “That’s pretty.” I complimented staring at the bright red, pink, and white roses.

Aunt Jenna stood beside me and sighed in content, “I know, right?” she said before placing a plate in front of me. “So, my workmate is going to pick me up.. Don’t be shocked if you see my car later..”

“By when you mean workmate..” I started still staring at the flowers. “You mean the one that gave you the flowers?”

Aunt Jenna stopped by her chair with her mouth hanging-

“Yup, definitely him.” I nodded confirming my thought.

Aunt Jenna laughed and sat down fully on her chair, “You’re a good guesser.”

I smiled, “Always.”

“But, there’s nothing going on. He just gave me the flowers as a friendship gesture.” She started explaining and I laughed shaking my head. If it’s anywhere near friendship, she wouldn’t feel the need to clarify this to me. “Really.” She ended flushed and I shrugged my shoulders before diving in on her Chinese take-out.

By the end of our almost silent dinner, almost since aunt Jenna is always sighing, I told Aunt Jenna that I’ll do the dishes since her ‘friend’ is already outside and waiting. She agreed though she tried to hide the relief behind her tone.

She almost skipped out of the house. I shook my head- such a teenager.

“She’s excited.”

I gasped and, unfortunately, lost grasp of the plates I was holding. I closed my eyes, ready for my crash but when I didn’t hear one, I peeked one eye open and saw Edward holding the dishes on his hands with a smug look on his face.

“You scared me.”

He made his way to the dishwasher, “You should be.”

I rolled my eyes while leaning on the counter, “Yeah. Because you’re a two centuries old vampire with a daughter but watches a teenager sleep?”

He gave out a hearty laugh.

I pouted, “It’s not funny. I feel abused.”

He turned to look at me, “I never meant it to be that way. I did that to get used to you.”

“And, did you do this to every new person that moved here?”

Edward’s forehead creased, “No. But, your situation is different.”

I rolled my eyes. “Well then, fire it.”

“Your blood.. It’s terrible-“

“Well, thank you very much.” I grumbled with venom lacing my every tone.

He laughed, “Stop cutting me.” He scolded jokingly and I raised my hands in mock apology. “It’s terrible because your blood sings to me- far worse than Bella’s.”

“But, you told me that every vampire only has one singer?”

“That’s what we all thought. But, apparently, I’m not like any other vampire-“

I laughed, “Yeah. Because your nose is far more sensitive?”

He laughed too while shaking his head, “No. Maybe I got it wrong before.”

“So, you’re doubting her?”

He shook his head fast enough to let me know that he hadn’t gotten over his ex-wife yet. “No. Not that. Bella taught me a few lessons I didn’t know.”

“Oh.” I nodded slowly. Well, with everything he told me a while ago, I’m sure that she did. I sounded like a jealous girl. “How come you’re not together anymore?”

His smile became timid, “You’re so straight to the point.”

“It’s in the bloodline.”

“Figures.” He nodded probably remembering Rose’s attitude. “To answer your question, she found her singer.”

I furrowed my eyebrows, “She left you for blood?”

“She didn’t kill him. Bella has much more restrain than I did.” He quickly defended and I shrugged. “She got to know him and then our history repeats.”

The crease on my forehead didn’t cease as a thought formed on my head. If, for example, looking at Edward and Bella’s fate, I mean, Edward thought that Bella was his singer and they got married and he changed her- what if, everyone has their own blood singer? Does that mean history would repeat over and over again?

“What are you thinking about?” Edward snapped me out of my thought and I shook my head. “A penny for your thoughts?”

I smirked, “A hundred dollars wouldn’t have bought it.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Please comment! :) I'd really really appreciate it. <3 And, recommend if you will. xoxo