Status: Oh yes. Trying to update everyday is a bit hard since my brain is malfunctioning at the moment due to a break up. So, bear with me. :)

The Lost Angel

Submerged

The days are faster now.

Andrea had just developed that she had a crush on Newton- it’s not a pretty sight. She tries to deny it but her tongue had already slipped during Calculus- telling me dreamily that she wants to ask Newton to the dance.

I almost had problems with my gag reflex.

“I don’t like freaking Michael Newton.”

I gave out a sarcastic laugh while nodding my head but she knew better- I don’t believe her. “Yeah sure.”

The dance is only a week away and I still have no dress- I don’t care if I don’t have a partner. However, Andrea is already on the verge of tears whenever we talk about the dance just because no boy had asked her.. Yet.

“It’s not the end of the world, you know.” I told Andrea calmly as we sat side by side on our table. We’re loners usually- not unless you count the times that the Cullens would sit by us. But, since it’s sunny today in Forks, the Cullens are not around. “I still don’t have a dress.”

Andrea groaned before moaning, “Me too.” She propped her arm on the table dreamily again and I was already on my third bite of my sandwich when she suddenly sat up straight- I almost choked. “We should carpool and go buy a dress later.”

I looked at her cautiously, she looked hyper. “Maybe.”

“I’ll pick you up at 5!”

I looked ate her, “I didn’t agree to it.”

She grinned, “Yet.”

“Hey, Wells.”

“Hmm.” I am suddenly interested on my sandwich and everything on my tray as Michael Newton appeared at our table. He placed his feet on a chair, placed his basketball on his knees before propping his elbows above the ball. Typical jock position.

“Newton.” Andrea regarded with less enthusiasm though I sensed the emotion she’s trying to hide off- she’s giddy. Her body language says so. The way she fidgets on her sweater from under the table says so too.

I think there’s something going on that Andrea didn’t tell me.

“Do you have anyone to go to the dance?” he asked but I felt something different in his tone- he wasn’t going to ask her.

I looked up at him.

But Andrea seemed to have missed his tone and looked hopefully at him. “No.” Andrea said but there’s a suggestive tone in her answer- something I didn’t like.

Newton smirked, “Well, maybe all the boys here knew that you weren’t going to fit in any dress.”

Andrea’s breath hitched and I looked at her. Tears welled in her eyes as she looked down on the table. The people within earshot laughed. I felt bad and angry at the same time- I felt bad for Andrea and angry at Michael Newton.

“Hey Newton!” I hollered standing up just as Michael had turned his back to go back to his circle of friends who all stopped laughing the instant I called Michael and walked up to him. “I don’t have a partner to the dance.”

His face lit up and I knew that he’s assuming that I’m gonna ask him. Fat chance. “Are you asking me?” he smirked.

I smiled sweetly at him, “Of course.”

Michael smirked and faced his friends as if he just won the lottery. I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him down, his ears are against my lips when I whispered, “When your balls grow back.”

Then I kneed him.

It’s not me but, I didn’t regret it. Maybe a new reputation is good. I thought glumly as I sat at the guidance councilor’s office waiting for Aunt Jenna to arrive. Funny thing is, I felt different. Happy.

Aunt Jenna arrived and she looked more confused than ever that her face read as if she’s asking, ‘did they even call the right person?’ but she realized that they did when she saw me sitting on the couch, smiling at her.

“What happened?” she asked and the guidance councilor retold what happened and, in the end, she was not upset. She was even happy that I taught that boy some lesson since she knew Andrea very well- Andrea’s parents works as a butcher on the shop where Aunt Jenna buys meat.

As we drove home, Aunt Jenna seemed more exhilarated than I was. “Wow..” she breathed her glazing at the window shield. “Just, wow. Didn’t know you had it in you.”

“I was angry.” I mumbled now embarrassed as my actions started to take a turn and my guilty conscience stepped in. “I didn’t know a town this small could have men so..”

Aunt Jenna scoffed, “Cocky? Self centered?”

“Exactly.” I answered her nodding. “Sorry for causing trouble.”

Aunt Jenna laughed, “No! Katherine, you shouldn’t say sorry for doing the right thing.”

“Yeah..” I mumbled but I felt guilty doing it. “Andrea invited me to Port Angeles.. Can I come?”

“Of course!”

And I thought asking permission would have given me an instant reason not to go.

I’m waiting for Andrea when Alice Cullen called me on my phone and is babbling about she got scared because my future had just disappeared- which is not really that shocking since this happens often when it comes to me. According to Edward, it seems like I have this switch on my head but I’m most vulnerable when I’m asleep.

“I’ll be fine, Alice. It’s just dress shopping.”

*Yeah. While we are in Alaska and Rose totally disagrees with this. They’re on their way back.*

“What?” I asked in disbelief. I didn’t think that my humanity is this important. “No! Alice-“ I started protested but I was cut off by Andrea stopping in front of our yard and banging on her horn.

*Don’t worry. It’s fine. We’re supposed to go back anyway. Bye!*

I grumbled ‘bye’ back.

Andrea is too happy and glad that I kneed her crush. It’s funny, really. Even though I pointed out that I had just killed the slightest chance of them even being together, she didn’t mind. “It’s fine. What he did was a turn off, anyway.” She shrugged off as if it meant nothing.

But I knew better and knew that she’s convincing herself.

The dress shopping is even amusing, I think since I’ve never shopped for a dance. It’s mostly for just special occasions like dinner and such and since we’re leaning on the 50’s we got inside a vintage store- which is so hard to find because it’s almost at the very end of Port Angeles.

“What do you think?” Andrea asked and I looked at her. Andrea is not that fat, no, not at all. Maybe she’s one of those people who have thick bones- as mom would say it. She’s fit and her physique is fine though not the average cheerleader type of body.

I smiled, “It looks good on you.”

She sighed walking over to me before slumping down on the seat next to mine, “You said that to almost every dress, Manilyn Monroe.” She said eyeing my dress wary. “Did you even try that?”

I shook my head not really interested if I go to the dance looking like a hanger or a constipated moron. “But, you should try my suggestion.” I told her pointing to the lonely dress by the arm rest which she refused to try. “Really. I have a very good idea.”

“But-“Andrea didn’t have any other choice but to buy the dress.

“So..” Andrea started as we made our way to her car.

But I didn’t notice. I’m looking far ahead. There, in the middle of a crowded street, is a beautiful pale woman- unmoving and I didn’t have to think twice to know that she’s a vampire. She’s beautiful. With heart shaped face, large and wide eyes, thin nose, and prominent cheekbones. But when I blinked, she disappeared.

“Katherine!”

I jumped and looked around wildly just to know and realize that I had stopped walking and Andrea is now looking at me quite worried. “I’m sorry.. I just thought..” I looked back where I saw the girl before shrugging and figured that maybe I was hallucinating. “I’m hungry.”

She shrugged dropping my actions before pulling me in a diner which I had seen just now.

“So, as I was saying before you went mind flying on me..” Andrea started as she sat down in front of me on a cubicle just beside the bar. “We might as well go together to the dance!”

I felt like I was the last option.

But I shrugged it off and focused my eyes on the menu. My stomach grumbled and I ordered steak with mashed potato which had Andrea’s mouth opening. “I thought girls go on a diet before dances?” she asked in disbelief when I ordered a side dish of buttered corn and carrots along with my food.

“What?” I asked her who I figured ordered salad. “I’m hungry.”

Andrea grumbled something under her breath and I figured that maybe jealousy is rearing its ugly head.

The dinner is painstakingly quiet and Andrea is cold towards me as if I had done something wrong and as I ate my servings, I racked my brain for possible reasons why. After dinner, Andrea drove was past the speed limit as if hell was on her heels-

-or she’s just eager to drop me off home.

“I’m sorry but did I do something wrong?” I finally blurted out looking at Andrea who’s gripping the steering wheel tightly. “and, for God’s sake you’re way past the speed limit, Andrea.”

She scoffed, “Yeah, preach. You’re perfect.”

My mouth hung open. She’s positively jealous. “Andrea, what are you talking about? Slow down!”

I reached my hand to touch the steering wheel but she swatted it away harshly looking at me and I looked at the front- there standing in the middle of the bridge and on our way is the beautiful chocolate brown haired woman.

“ANDREA, WATCH OUT!” I screamed and when Andrea looked out front, she gasped and veered the steering wheel to our right. The wood barriers gave in to the pressure of the car.

Andrea and I both screamed as we plunged deep into the river.

|ALICE CULLEN|
“EDWARD! ROSE!”

But, I knew that he had read my vision and that we might be too late. The three of us knew that we didn’t have much time and part of me knew that even as my visions were cut off and I felt fear wash over me. There are only two options, Katherine’s brain shuts off- again or she’s going to die.

It’s a four minute run to get to where they are and within those four minutes, a lot could happen.

Rosalie is hot on Edward’s heels- fearing that the only living relative of hers would die. But, there’s something- or someone in my vision that might cause everything to turn. But, I can’t still look beyond it as there’s still no further decisions made-

-and the fact that we’re all running.

We are at the bridge when all of us stopped dead on our tracks. There, standing in the middle, looking at the river where the car had crashed-

-is Bella Swan.

“Edward.” She smiled when she felt our presence and turned around and I felt myself being restrained by someone- another vampire.

|ROSALIE HALE|
The Wells girl is unconscious and Katherine is fully awake and panicking when I saw them.

The car is fully submerged and Katherine is shaking Wells when she noticed me. I ripped the driver’s door off since Katherine’s door is being blocked by the bridge’s barrier.

That bitch Bella is going to pay.

Katherine shook her head when I was about to grab her and kept on pointing on Andrea. I panicked. I didn’t know who to take first and I know that leaving Katherine here for a few second longer and she dies. I can’t take them both. Where are my two companions?

‘No.’ Katherine mouthed before flailing her arms around like she’s swimming when I tried to grab her again and I knew that she’s stubborn enough- I quickly ripped Wells off of her seat and swam up- hoping that there would be enough time.

|KATHERINE FORBES|
I knew that this is my end.

I watched Rosalie pull Andrea up before releasing myself from my seatbelt and was about to swim out of the car when something caught my leg. I am stuck. The oxygen left in my body is not enough- I knew but I had to try.

My arms flailed and I tried to pull my leg off of the tangle that it had caught unto but I didn’t move. I released the last breath I was keeping in.

My mind started blurring and so did my vision.

And before I close my eyes, I saw my father swimming up to me.