Status: Work In Process :)

Torn

First Day

I woke up on Saturday morning at 4:30 in the morning to get ready for my first day of work. I took a long how shower letting the water cascade over my body. I thought about what I wanted to wear. I wanted to look good because I knew I had a date with Kiernan afterwards but also I wanted to look presentable for Thomas as well. I ran my face under the blistering hot water and I hit the knob turning off the shower. I wrapped a towel around my hair and then I stepped out of the shower. I looked at my cell phone, for the time.

5:39

I sighed knowing I have little time to get ready. I quickly applied eye liner and mascara. I layered light brown eye shadow and then I put on a thin coat of lip gloss. I pulled the towel off from my head and began to towel dry my hair. I combed it until the knots were out and I looked in the mirror, my hair layer in a curly mop around my shoulders, flowing to the middle of my back. I wrapped the towel around my body and I walked across the hall into my room. I put on my hot pink bra from Victoria secrets, with the matching panties. I slipped on a tight pair of jeans that flared at the end. I pulled a black v-neck t-shirt over my head and I slide my black flip flops on my feet. I ran into the bathroom to grab my phone. I called Kiernan.

"Where are you?" I asked impatiently as I gathered up my wallet and sun glasses. I heard shuffling and then I heard the roar of his engine.

"I'm on my way baby, just relax I'll get you there on time." he spoke softly. I gnawed on my bottom lip.

"Okay, I’ll be outside waiting for you." I spoke as I hung up. I walked down stairs and I poured food into my dogs bowl before walking outside. The air was chilly and goose bumps rose quickly on my skin. My teeth began to jitter and I began to shuffle side to side, trying to keep my body heat. Kiernan's car appeared twenty minutes later and I greeted him with a kiss. He smiled and took my hand as he drove me to work.

"What are you going to be doing?" he asked. I shrugged and tried to think back to interview I had with John two days prior.

"I think I’m going to be a cashier and I mark in clothes, whatever the hell that means." I mutter as I look out the window. Once we arrived I turned to face him. My stomach was now fluttering. I was nervous this was my first job; I wanted to make a very good impression.

"I love you Gabbie, call my when you’re ready to leave and I'll come and get you." he spoke pulling me in by my neck to give me a hug. I hugged him tightly and I kissed him swiftly before getting out of the car.

"I love you too. See you later." I whispered as my heart jumped into my throat. I closed the door and walked into my job at 7:05. I was greeted by John and Thomas.

"Morning sunshine! Alright drop your stuff off in the kitchen and then join me back up front." John spoke friendly. I smiled and nodded as I walked back towards the kitchen. I placed my purse on the table and I walked back up front. Thomas was waiting leaning on the counter looking at his phone.

"Excuse me, Thomas...where is John?" I asked softly, not wanting to disturb him too much. He looked up at me and smiled his one million dollar smile; my heart leaped and felt my face flush.

"He left; I usually run this store, so I'll be your mentor. Follow me Gabriella." he spoke loudly.

"Call me Gabbie." I replied as I looked up at him. He smiled and began walking towards the back where all the machines stay. I followed him around for about an hour learning the ins and outs of the cleaning materials, how to press shirts, pants, dresses. I learned how to put everything into the computer and I learned how to mark in clothes. The process was quite over whelming. At around 10 we sat down at the table in the back.

"Thomas this is so stressful! How do you do it" I spoke, exhaustion taking over. He smiled at me as he handed me a glass of water.

"Call me Tom. I know, it is a lot to take in but you seem pretty bright. I think you know what to do." he spoke between sips of water. I smiled at him and him at me. We just looked at each other and I felt my face heating up.

"So, Gabbie, how old are you?" he spoke, breaking the invisible ice. I finished up my cup of water and I set the glass down on the table.

"21. Junior in college and so totally stressed."

Shit I'm rambling!

He smirked at me and leaned back in the chair.

"I'm 25 and I’m stressed!" he spoke to me. I giggle at his comment he laughed with me.

~*~*~

Work moved by quickly with Tom and I running around helping customers, well mainly him, while I marked in clothing because that was the only thing I managed to learn for the entire work day. I really enjoyed my first day of work. I waved by to Tom as Kiernan picked me up in front of the store. Once in the car I placed a gentle kiss on his lip and when I looked at his face I swear for a moment I saw Tom. I shook my head subtly and when I looked into Kiernan's face I saw Kiernan, my love. He drove off and we went on our very perfect date.
♠ ♠ ♠
Is there a crush forming for both of them or just for Gabbie?

I hope you like it!