Bad Mother

two

"What's her name?" I whispered as Lizzy held her baby girl.
"Maria Lexie Elizabeth," Lizzy whispered. "I named her after you, and she has my middle name..."
"I never understood why you go by 'Lizzy' whenever your name is 'Lisa', but it's a very pretty name. Especially for a very pretty baby!" I said, smiling. Lizzy looked at the baby with disgust and said "I need a drink! Get this thing away from me!"
"Lisa Elizabeth! That's YOUR baby girl... Just because you made a mistake doesn't mean you can take your anger out on the baby!" I told her. She rolled her eyes and asked the doctor about Micheal. "Micheal is currently in ICU, we think he'll survive but there's a big chance that he won't. We'll keep you informed about your baby, but until then, be thankful for Maria," the doctor told her, "She's a miracle, and a blessing."
"Lex, I hate Maria. She should've been the one that almost died! Not Micheal! Get her away from me NOW! She ruined my body, and my life." Lizzy said, ready to punch Maria in her head. "Lizzy, no! I can't stand here and let you blame that baby for something that you could've prevented! You should've made their father wear a condom when you were having sex! You're not about to abuse her for anything, especially since you drank, smoked, and did drugs while you were pregnant. If I were you, I'd be happy that Micheal is alive, even if he's barely making it! I also wouldn't blame Maria for any of it!" I screamed. I left out of the room and walked to my car. I felt arms wrap around my waist and I turned around to see my best friend, Zack.
"What's up, babe? You seem tense..." he said.
"Lizzy's in there talking about how much she hates Maria. I couldn't stand it so I left."
"Aww! She had the baby? Was Micheal stillborn or was he born alive?"
"He was born alive, he's close to death, though. I know he'll make it! I'm praying to God Almighty that he does make it." I told Zack. He gave me a tight hug and said "Don't worry, he will." and walked towards the hospital.