‹ Prequel: Life After You
Status: You all wanted to know what happened...so here goes....

Fate's Cruel Hand

Fate's Cruel Hand

Chapter Thirty

They had fallen asleep with their limbs tangled together, the bedsheets barely covering either of them as they dreamed. The sex had been passionate and intense, even after the fifth time. They had held each other and whispered sweet nothings until they had fallen asleep.

The cup of coffee has long gone cold and the slice of toast sits untouched and rubbery. Her head is spinning with so many thoughts. Last night had been incredible. For the first time in months it felt like she had the old Jeremy back, how he held her close instead of pushing her away. He had told her he loved her so many times she felt guilty.

Subconsciously she touches her stomach and feels hot tears sting her eyes. She doesn't know if she wants this baby and has no idea how Jeremy feels about kids, but bringing it up in a conversation would only raise suspicion.

"Good morning, beautiful" Jeremy whispers into her ear, his voice low and husky as his lips press against her cheek. Now, she simply feels awful.

"Morning" Kelly replies, her lips briefly touching his.

"What's wrong?" He asks.

It's now or never and decides that it's going to be the latter.

"I'm just tired. Do you mind if I go out with Marilyn for coffee later?"

Jeremy shakes his head and pops his morning dose of medication into his mouth. If she hadn't been watching him he would have taken the painkillers he had artistically concealed.

"I've got a meeting with my agent anyway."

"That's good. I'm going to jump in the shower."

Jeremy nods and watches as she leaves. He doesn't reach for the pills until he can hear her walking around upstairs.

A ball of emotion sits in her throat, practically choking her as she dials the number on her cell-phone. She licks her dry lips as the operator comes through.

"Hi, I'm wondering when I could be seen...yes, to have an abortion. As soon as possible. This afternoon is fine."