I'll Change Their Minds

Purified

I poured the remnants of my Monster into my mouth and threw the can into the trash, wiping my mouth with the back of my hand and jogging backstage to try and catch the boys before they headed onto the stage for their half hour set.
''AMYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!'' I heard an overly familiar and overly excited voice shout from behind me.
Before I had the chance to turn around and greet them I was engulfed in a pair of strong, sweat smelling arms.
‘‘EW, dude. That's gross. You stink of sweat and you haven't even played yet!'' I screamed trying to wriggle free of Phil’s arms.
''It's not my fault it's like 1987 degrees out here!''
''No, it's mine!'' I said cheekily, flicking my hair over my shoulder.
''Ahh, if you say so!'' Another voice chuckled
''Shut up Ginge!'' I taunted him; he pretended to be hurt, placing his hand on his heart and his jaw dropping.
''Awwr, love you really smelly!'' I poked my tongue out at him before returning my attention to Phil who was now accompanied by Tino and Aaron.
''What about us?'' Aaron fake cried and nestled into to Tino's comforting arms.
''Awwr, I love you guys as well you know that!'' I chuckled, ''hey, where's Austin?''
''Oh, he's over there talking to some crew member or something'' Tino said, pulling out his phone to take a quick photo of the facial expression Alan had upon seeing a girl dressed in skin tight shorts that barely covered her arse, and a top that really didn't do her any justice. ''That's going on twitter'' I laughed at them both and walked off to find my brother.

I found him talking to one of the crew members about something that looked awfully technical, although she looked more like she was trying to get him in bed but whatever.
''Austin!'' I shouted, interrupting them. ''I've been looking for you!''
He smiled and walked over, excusing himself from the girl who reminded me slightly of a leech, and hugged me.
''Ew, you smell like sweat as well'' I wriggled out of his arms and wiped the beats of sweat that had fallen off of him onto me.
''Sorry, it's too hot out here; this is the only thing about summer tours I don't like. Bleurgh'' He laughed and snaked his arm around my shoulder as we went to walk back to the others.
''So, looking forward to the show?'' I asked looking up at him.
''Yeah, pretty excited, the crowd always have a positive reaction when we come on stage you know?'' He took a sneak peek around the edge of the back drop at the crowd, ''It's awesome I mean, how our music can relate to so many different people is amazing'' The smile on his face was huge, and the old twinkle in his eye that he used to get when he'd come home off tour and see all of the family again was there, it was cute.
''So, do the fans ever like come up to you and tell you things and you're like 'Ew, what the fuck?' or are the usually cute things about how you've saved their lives or stopped their friend from committing suicide or something?''
''Erm, we have had a few things that made us feel physically sick but nothing major, the majority of things that fans tell us is basically what you've just said. You know, like how they've been through a lot and that we inspire them or something, it's pretty cool to have people look up at you like that. I've had a couple of people come up to me at signings and stuff and ask how I've coped with the heart condition that we've got and how they have the same thing or what have you, but yeah, it's mostly cute stuff'' He chuckled as we walked up to Alan who was staring intently at his phone.
Still no reply, I pushed his arm and he fell dramatically to the floor, sending us all into a fit of laughter.
''What the hell was that for?'' He stood up and dusted himself down.
''You weren't paying attention, I was trying to talk to you'' I laughed again and picked a piece of dry mud off of the hem of his Pink Floyd shirt.
''ALRIGHT GUYS YOU'RE ON IN 3!'' One of the crew shouted from behind us and ushered the boys towards the side of the stage to get their instruments and mics.
''Are you going to stay here Amy?'' Austin placed a hand on my shoulder and smiled at me.
''Yeah, but I might have to go and lie down in a bit I feel a bit funny'' I pulled a face and Austin looked concerned.
''Still hung over?''
''No it's not that, it's different''
He tilted his head to the side and studied me for a few seconds before commenting ''Well, if you do need to go just tell one of the crew and they'll let me know through my ear piece, or just point to the door at one of the guys and they'll tell me, okay?''
I nodded ''Sure''
''Are you sure you're okay?'' He furrowed his eyebrows and looked at me steadily for a while.
''I'll be fine Austin, honest. Go on, go and have fun'' I pointed towards the stage and laughed, giving him a quick kiss on the cheek for luck before he sprinted off and the crowd went wild.