I'll Change Their Minds

Seven Thousand Miles for What?

I walked back into the 'front room' drying my hair with my towel, Alex had already gone. Presumably to get ready for his set.
Tatum was sat on the sofa sipping, or rather slurping, a can of Monster.
Jack was sat next to him, arguing over how much of the sofa he was taking up.
Bobby and Josh were nowhere to be seen, but you could clearly hear them shouting over the telly in the back room.
I walked over to the fridge, grabbed a cold can of Monster and headed off of the bus, towards the main stage to see who was playing.
Bring Me The Horizon were performing 'Crucify Me' as I made my way side stage, showing the security men my pass as I did so.
I settled myself on one of the heavy drum cases and watched Oli and the boys jump around the stage. It was clear that they enjoyed, if not loved, what they do for a living. I think that Matt, aside from Mike (Pierce the Veil), is one of the craziest drummers out there.
I was happily singing along under my breath when someone came up from behind me and grabbed my shoulders. I turned round to see Alex's cheeky smile bobbing behind the stack of instrument cases.
He shoved his hands in his pockets and stood next to me, leaning against the case I was on slightly. We stayed like that for a song or two before he cleared his throat.
I looked over to him and he looked up, before looking down at his feet as if he was ashamed of something.
I was the first to speak ''Look, Alex. About earlier'' I played with my fingers and took in a large breath.
''No, don't say anything it was my fault, I wasn't even supposed to be on the bus''
I put my hand up to stop him and turned to face him completely, ''Look, it's honestly not your fault; I never normally just walk around in just a towel. Honest'' I laughed slightly and ruffled his already messy hair, and then attempted to straighten it out.
''Ah, well that's depressing'' he winked.
''If you say so, anyway, I thought you were getting ready for your set?''
''Our set? We don't start playing until tomorrow'' he looked at me confused.
''Oh right, I thought you were performing later on the south side? Never mind then, my mistake'' I jumped down off of the case and dusted down my trousers.
''Nah, hey!'' He pointed at me and smiled cheekily ''what are you up to later?''
''Erm, well we have our first set and everything tomorrow so I'm not exactly sure when we're going to have some free time'' I trailed off towards the end, not sure where he was going with this question.
''Oh, okay then'' He looked down at his feet and kicked a loose piece of dirt ground for a few seconds before looking back up at me and smiling sweetly.
''Why what's up?'' I asked returning the smile.
''Oh I was just wondering if you and the guys wanted to come out for a drink with me and the others''
''I'll ask the guys but I'm sure they'll be up to it'' I smiled widely at him and noticed the crowd behind him at the entrance getting a little rowdy, obviously drunk. ''Hey Erm, I've got to go and stand side stage for Austin, you coming?'' I said backing up slightly towards to door.
''Oh no, I've got people to do; things to see'' he stood still, pondering what he had just said ''wait, no. It's supposed to be the other way round''
''Sounds better that way'' I laughed, ''Anyway, I'll see you later yeah?'' I smiled widely again and bounced off towards the stage where my brother and four of his best friends were playing.