Status: Complete: May 3rd, 2013 :)

I Think I Love You

Unexpected Plans

I was downstairs on the sofa with Abby, waiting for Ez to get back with my Ginger Ale and saltines. When I told her the news, she called her obstetrician and set an appointment up for me. We had to confirm that those tests weren't false-positives. "I can't believe this," I said. "I don't want to be pregnant."

"That's the mistake young people these days make. No protection, no birth control."

"I'm on birth control!"

"You're not anymore. At least not until we find out if you're really pregnant." Just then Ez walked through the front door. I had discussed keeping this a secret from Ez with Abby, and she agrees. It's best not to get his hopes up when we're not completely sure. I stood and ran to grab the bag from his hands. I poured a small cup of Ginger Ale and took out two saltines. I didn't want to put too much on my stomach, with the fear of it coming back up. Ez watched me sip my drink and nibble on the crackers.

"Are you feeling any better?" he asked. This is the first time he's seen me sick, and I know it hurts him to not be able to help me.

"Yeah, thanks." I half-smiled at him. After finishing my crackers, I went back up to my room to lie down. Ez followed. I curled up in his arms on the bed and closed my eyes.

"I wish there was something I could do to make you better," he said. I smiled up at him.

"You brought me what I asked for. That's plenty."

"I know, I just want you to be yourself again." He was so sweet. I ended up falling asleep, right there in his arms.

When I woke up two hours later, Ez was still holding me. I rubbed my eyes and looked up at him. "Have a nice nap?" he asked, smiling. I laughed a little.

"Yeah." He kissed the top of my head and said,

"Are you going to feel up to eating dinner?" My stomach felt a little better at the time, but there was no telling how it would react to a meal.

"I don't know," I said. I sat up slowly and then stood. "I'm going to get a shower, then I'll be downstairs." He grinned.

"Want some company?" I wanted more than anything to shower with him again, but I needed time alone.

"Not today." He frowned. "Sorry, boo." I went down the hall to the bathroom and locked the door. I pulled my shirt up and looked at my tiny stomach in the mirror. I couldn't imagine a baby in there. I didn't want a baby to be in there. If I was really pregnant, I would have to suck it up and push through.

After I got out of the shower, I dried off and got dressed. I went downstairs and poured another cup of Ginger Ale. I sat down on the sofa next to Ez. It was only six-thirty, but I was exhausted. My eyelids kept shutting and I couldn't stop yawning. I could tell that tonight would be an early night. I went into the kitchen and ate a few more saltines, then called to Ez, "I'm going to bed."

"Okay, babe. I'll be up in a few." I went up to my room and curled up under the comforter. About twenty minutes later, Ez came in and laid beside me. "I love you," he said. I yawned.

"I love you, too."

*

The next morning, Abby came into my room and woke me up. Ez was snoring beside me. "Doctor Everett had a cancelation. Hurry up and get dressed, we have to be there in a half an hour," she whispered. I climbed out of bed and hurried to get ready. Once I was dressed, I grabbed my phone and went downstairs to join Abby. "I'm ready," I told her.

When we arrived at the clinic, Abby signed me in. Since I was new here, they had me fill out a load of paper work. A few minutes after I submitted my paper work, a nurse in pink scrubs called me back. She got my weight, temperature and blood pressure. "Okay, sweetheart, follow me," the nurse said. She lead me into a small room and said, "Doctor Everett will be right with you." I smiled at her and sat down on the table.

Doctor Everett came in the room smiling. "Well, hello there," she said.

"Hello," I said.

"I understand you have gotten positive results on a pregnancy test."

"Three, actually."

"Well, today I'm going to have you give me a urine sample and I will do an internal ultrasound. This is to confirm the pregnancy and determine your due date." I nodded and took the little plastic cup from her hand.

After giving doctor Everett my urine sample, she had me change into a pink, paper gown. She placed my feet in the stirrups and inserted the fetal doppler. I waited anxiously to hear something, and finally, the baby's heartbeat filled the room. I teared up and Abby took my hand. "I'd say you're about six weeks along," doctor Everett said. So this was real. I was really pregnant.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the long wait! Love yall to pieces :)