Status: Active

I Lost Him, but Gained You

Aboard the 'Chip Ahoy'

“Have fun, pumpkin.” Dad says kissing my forehead. “And take care of your sister.”

“I will Dad, and take care of Mom.” I say back kissing his cheek. I could feel the stubble, rough.

“Oh I don’t need to be taken care of!” Mom laughs handing me my suitcase.

“Whatever you say, Mom. Whatever you say,” I smirk hugging her small frame. “Really though, take care.”

“I will, don’t worry about little old me.” My sister tugs on her sweater wanting to be held. “Just have fun and watch out for this little munchkin.” She attacks my sister with kisses and more kisses. Kenna loves being hugged and kissed; I guess she likes to feel safe that way. “And you missy, be good for your sister and make sure to take lots of pictures for Mommy okay?”

Kenna nods eagerly, she loves the ocean life. Fish, sea horse, seaweed, all that jazz, nothing can keep her from spending all day in the water. Not a pool at the YMCA, but the salty ocean water.

“Alright, Jane I think it’s time for us to get on that plane.” Grandpa Joe says patting her back. Mom nods letting go of Kenna, kissing her cheek for the last time.

“Bye Dad,” She says hugging him. “Have a safe flight, you too Mom.”

Grandma J. smiles her smiley whites and rolls her eyes. “When don’t I, Jane? They offer free wine; I’m always up for wine mostly when it’s free.” Mom laughs, shaking her head at Grandma.

“Alright let’s hit it!” Grandpa says eagerly pushing us all through the gate. “Bye, see you both in
August!” He ushers us all though security, while I carry Kenna as she starts to daze off. As we all got into our seats, he shouts. “When you wake up, we’ll be on our way to a beautiful yacht!”

*
“Wow,” I say looking at the beast before me. A huge yacht lays before my eyes, sitting in a beautiful mass of sparkling blue water. “This is beautiful.”

“Isn’t she a beauty?” Grandpa says in awe. “All my retirement money went into this baby and it was worth every single penny.”

Grandma scoffs carrying Kenna out of the car, she hasn’t said much since we got off the plane. “You say that now Joe, but before you know it you’re bored and want something new to play with.”

“And how would you know Jolie?” He questions polishing the side with his shirt.

“We’ve been married for thirty-five years, I think I’ve learned a thing or two over the first year we were married.” He mumbled something under his breath, sounding almost defeated.

Grandma nudges me in the arm, with a smirk on her face. “And that’s how you shut him up, watch and learn sweet cheeks.”

I laugh pulling my hair into a ponytail. As I do so, a car pulls up by the dock, a small petite women comes out. She seemed to be around Grandma’s age, wearing white capris and turquoise top. She ushers over gathering Grandma into a hug.

“Cathleen! You’re here!” Grandma hollers in excitement. “Come along and meet my granddaughters! Cathleen this is Grace and this little one is McKenna.”

“Wow, they’re more beautiful than I suspected!” She says. “I can’t wait to get to know the two of you better! This trip will do just so!”

I nod confused. “I can’t wait either.”

Grandma noticed my confused daze, she gasped letting out a chuckled. “Oh darling, I forgot to tell you! Cathleen and her husband Rick are joining us. They’ll be sharing the yacht with us, isn’t that wonderful?”

“Yeah, that is wonderful. The more the merrier right?” that seemed to be all I could muster up at the moment.

“Yes, yes it is! How ‘bout you grab yours and your sister’s stuff from the car and head onto the yacht. I’ll give you the honor of picking your room first!” She gives me a wink, pushing me to the car.

Kenna follows in tow seeming to be lost, I gave her a pat the back. “Everything’s gonna be alright.”

As I walk to the dock, I hear Grandma gush. “Oh dear lord, he’s gotten so tall!”

“Yes he has, takes after his father.” Cathleen says proudly. I turn around to see a guy stand beside the two, I couldn’t really see much but he did seem really tall, over six feet for sure.

I feel a tug on my arm, Kenna’s eyes filled with excitement wanting to get on the yacht. I nod letting her lead me, I turn back around and see that the guy has left.

Kenna hurries across the dock, giving me a small glimpse at the name written in blue across the side. ‘Chips Ahoy”
♠ ♠ ♠
Next chapter we welcome the mystery guy and some adventure!

Grace