‹ Prequel: Where Did the Love Go?

Love Is Forever

Ch.15 The End

I can't believe that I am nine months pregnant, I am going to pop any minute, and I can't believe it is my third child. It feels like just yesterday that Sidney and I had our first date, and look at us no happy and baby number three is on the way.

I am sitting here watching father of the bride two with my two sons, parents and Sidney. Your probably wondering why I am watching this movie, well it has been my favorite movie since I was a little girl. This movie always seems to relax me and it makes me calm, especially when I am having a baby.

I looked down at my two sons and saw there cheery faces giggling and smiling at Steve Martin freezing in the middle of summer wearing a bunch of layers on to keep warm. I looked over at Sidney and he smiled down at me. I leaned up and kissed him. He has his arm around me and then the other is gently rubbing my stomach.

“Oh I love this part!” I smiled

“Turn the air up will ya!” I said quoting the line in the movie. Sidney just laughed and I am pretty sure that he knew every line in this movie too, because we have watched it together so many times.

"I think its time!" I yelled I jumped up off the couch and clutched my stomach.

I listen and hear that the character in the movie said the exact same thing literally two seconds later.

"Wow you really do know this whole movie." Sidney said laughing.

"No Sidney! Not the movie! I actually am in labor!" I said clutching onto my stomach.

He jumped off of the couch and ran over to me and grabbed my arms so he could help me to the car.

"Will you guys be okay with the boys?" Sidney asked my parents.

“Yes of course! Go! Take her to the hospital!” my mom said ushering us out of the door.

“Call us if anything happens!” She yelled and Sidney led me out the door. He helped me in the car and buckled me up and drove to the hospital.

“How are you feeling?” Sidney asked holding my hand while his other hand was on the steering wheel.

“I’m okay.” I said trying to be as calm as possible.

“Just breathe Nicole. It will be okay.” He said running his thumb over my hand trying to calm me down.

“I know. I just want to get to the hospital!” I said

We arrived at the hospital a few minutes later and he helped me inside and called for a nurse. They brought me a wheel chair and had me sit down and then they carted me off into a room to give birth. I had become somewhat of a baby making machine, because this will be my third time doing this in less than five years. I know the drill by now.

The carted me in and helped me lay down on the bed. The doctor came in and told me that I would be delivering the baby tonight. He said it was only a matter of a few hours.

A few hours passed, and they told me that I was ready to give birth. I smiled up at Sidney, and he gave me an encouraging look. That said “you can do it.” I smiled up at him shocked that I hadn’t ripped his head off for getting me pregnant again, but this was only temporary craziness. I knew it was all worth it.

The doctor came in and told me that I needed to start pushing. Sidney held my hand the entire time, while I did my best to give birth. Giving birth is an exhausting but fulfilling experience.

The moment I heard my baby girl cry, I knew it was all worth it. I looked over at Sidney and he kissed me softly on the forehead and wiped the hair away from my eyes. I felt a tear roll down my face and he kissed it away with his lips. The nurse took my baby and cleaned her off and handed her to me. I held her in my arms and looked down at the tiny pink baby before me. I smiled at her and knew that everything was going to be okay. She looked just like her dad, she had his dark brown hair and his nose. She was perfect.

“She is perfectly healthy.” The nurse said smiling, and I breathed a sigh of relief that is one thing a parent always worries about, that their baby would be sick, but she wasn’t she was fine. I looked up at Sidney and I saw the tears in his eyes. I smiled at him and he bent down and gave us both a kiss on the head.

“Want to hold her?” I asked Sidney. He smiled and nodded his head and picked up the baby from my hands. He gently rocked her back and forth while smiling down at the sleeping infant. I just looked at them and couldn’t help but smile.

The nurses took the baby after a little while just to make sure that everything was okay. Sidney walked over to me and kissed me softly.

“How you feeling?” he asked rubbing my hair gently with his hand.

“I’m okay, I’m just tired.” I said beginning to yawn.

“Well close your eyes and rest.” Sidney said kissing me softly.

“We didn’t even pick out a name yet.” I said

“We will, don’t worry.”

I started to drift off to sleep but there was something I needed to say before I fell asleep.

“Isabella.” I said

“What about Isabella.”

“for her name, Isabella Anne Crosby.” I said

“Its perfect.” Sidney said and he kissed me softly on my forehead and I fell a into a deep sleep.

When I woke up I heard hushed voices whispering.

"That's your baby sister." I heard Sidney say and I opened my eyes the best I could. I was still pretty drowsy, but I needed to wake up.
I looked around the room said Sidney jr and Brent sitting there while Sid was in a chair holding our little baby girl. I smiled as I looked down at them.

"That's our sister??" Brent asked holding his hand out to touch the tiny infant.

"Yes that's your sister. Isn't she pretty?" Sid asked smiling down at them while he rocked Isabella back and forth.

"Yes she is pretty can I touch her?" Sidney asked looking down at the sleeping infant.

"Sure but be very gentle she is sleeping. " Sid said holding isabella out a little more

Sidney jr took his hand and gently placed it on the babies head. He moved it back softly and I was surprised at how gentle he was being.

Sidney looked up at me and smiled.

"How ya feeling?" Sid asked

"I'm okay. How long was asleep for?"

"Three hours." He said smiling

"Oh. " I said trying to not yawn but I failed.

"Hey go say hi to your mommy." Sid said smiling. The boys looked up and immediately raced over to e. I was still laying on the hospital bed, so I had to do my best to see them.

I leaned over the railings of the bed and smiled down at them.

"Hi guys." I said smiling as I ruffled each one of their hairs

"Hi mommy! are you okay?" Brent asked smiling

"I'm fine Brent did you see your little sister?" I asked smiling

"Yes I did I'm going to keep her very safe." Brent said while puffing out his chest trying to be strong. I let out a little laugh and smiled down at him.

We talked for a little while longer and then Sidney handed me Isabella I couldn't believe how happy I was.

I had two perfect sons, a perfect husband and a perfect brand new baby. I had a perfect life. I cant believe how far Sidney and I have made it, I guess when they say for better or for worse they really mean it. I mean Sidney and I have faced so many obstacles in our lives together and look at us now. We are back together and everything is the way it should be. Love truly is forever, when you love someone you cant let them go, you need to fight for everything that you love in life, or else you will lose it.

“I love you Sidney.” I said looking up at him.

“I’ll love you forever Nicole.” Sid said and he kissed me softly