Status: This is really just a test for the time being. I'll write a few chapters and if I get good feedback I'll keep going :)

Suffering Builds Character

Prologue.

A lot of things come into play when it comes to shaping a person. Some people only know simplicity, in which case they become simple people. Other's know what it's like to be in hell, and there's no telling what kind of person he becomes. Key moments in a person's life alter one's personality in one way or another. Decisions a person makes. Meeting certain people. Things a person does to himself, what others do to him.
A person changes a lot through the course of his life. He starts out a clueless, helpless little baby. That baby is dealt some cards and so begins his journey. He has no choice but to use the cards given to him. He could have a good hand, he could have a bad hand, but he has no choice. He has to play the game.
It isn't hard to tell the privileged and the suffering apart. The privileged are naive to the world around them, though some claim to be understanding. The privileged don't understand. The privileged live in a world full of curtains to block out everything they don't wish to see. They live their lives ignorant of what is all around them.
The suffering know the realities of the world they live in. For them, there are no curtains to block out the horrors of the world. They see the world for what it is. A cruel place full of cruel people. Liars. People that say they understand. People that say they're sorry, that say they want to help. But none of these people can help. They don't know what they're saying sorry for. They don't understand anything. Everything the privileged say to the suffering is empty. Meaningless.
Occasionally, the suffering will find a place in the world. Occasionally, he has one good card waiting in his hand. He finds his place and the privileged question the state of his mind. Is he brilliant or is he insane? Yes, he is brilliant. The privileged will come to the conclusion that he is insane. But they don't know what he went through. They never had a mirror into his life, into his mind. And to his peers, his fellow suffering souls, he is brilliant. But to suffer is to lose sanity. To be brilliant is to be insane. He will play the game his way, he will change the rules, and in the end, the suffering will win.

Everything she learned, everything she was told, there was always one thing that stuck out to Sidonie Domitrovich.
Suffering builds character.
♠ ♠ ♠
So I decided I'd try my hand at writing a Bane story. Like I said in the status, this is just a test run for now. I'll post a few chapters and if I get enough feedback then this will be a thing and I'll do my best to keep up with it. So pleaaaase, I beg of you, tell me if this is going to be good enough to continue. I've been mulling it over for a while and I want to know how it goes for you guys!