Status: I'm Back

So Much for My Happy Ending

You Blame Me For Everything

The past few days have been strange. We'd go to school, Aleia, McKenna, and I, and hardly talk to one another. We all had our reasons for our new found companionship's. McKenna hung with Andy's cousin and brothers; Jake, Tyler, and Mika. Aleia hung with people in her Senior Project class. I hung out alone, sitting underneath the big Oak Tree in the court yard.

The occasional person would join me from time to time. They mostly left me alone. All seemed to know of my problems at home. McKenna probably brought Mika with her to Uncle Brian's, with my Dad probably showing up and talking about the baby, and Mika just passed it on. Something along those lines. I really wouldn't put it past her.

I missed my friends; but it was a relief to be away from family 24/7.

I was tired of my house, and I was tired of this school. Everything was getting old and repetitive with the people and places. I know how bad that sounds... I mean I'm only 17. In a split second decision, I decided to ditch the rest of the day. Something I normally did with McKenna, but hadn't been done for quite sometime.

I stood from my spot under the oak tree and headed towards the football field. Just behind the bleachers was a large fence with a hole you could slip under and hide. The student parking was situated to just the left of there. If I could get past campus police, I was home free. I felt like a ninja sneaking around trying to not get caught.

I slipped past the hang out for the police on campus. They were all to busy laughing to notice me. I briefly caught a flash of Brian Bundy. I smirked as I slipped past the gate for the football grounds. I made it halfway to the hole in the fence when I felt a hand grab hold of my arm. I yelped and spun around, fully prepared to defend myself. I stopped short as soon as I saw Officer Bundy.

"Shit," I said, "I didn't even hear you coming." I was more than a little miffed.

"Kind of the point, kid." He smirked at me.

"Come on Brian! You graduate 2 years ago and that makes me a kid?" I glared at him.

"Not the point Meagan." He replies, "Normally I really wouldn't say shit, but Barnes and Charles both saw you walking over here."

"You could always say I got away." I replied lamely. He tosses his head back and laughs.

"You know why I can't do that!" he says still laughing. I sighed and gestured for him to take the lead. He grabbed hold of my hand and pulled.

I briefly considered making a run for it. It would have been pointless and the outcome will remain the same. I would end up in the office. Brian was really fast. I'd learned that two years ago when we were still dating. He'd broken up with me sometime after he graduated. Told me he was going to be a cop and that he would come back for me.

Now here we were. He was back and a cop, but we weren't together. We both agreed we weren't meant to be.

"How have you been?" He voiced after we walked past the cops. I raised my eyebrow. "A little birdy told me the home life hasn't been to good lately." That little birdy could be a number of people, no sense in crying over spilled milk. "You want to talk about it?"

"Not really." I was tired of talking about it.

"It might help. You know I'm always here for you? Even if we aren't together anymore." I smiled at him. I remained quite for a few seconds.

"Mom lost a baby. You should see her. She baby's me now. Dad ignores me and Mom most of the time. He prefers Uncle Brian, Uncle Zacky, and Aleia's company over ours. Goes to Uncle Brian a lot more than the others," I paused for a few seconds as a couple of student's passed by us, "Uncle Brian has experience in this category y'know. Uncle Brian and Dad know I'm in love with Jimmy. At least I think Dad knows?" I trailed off.

We walked in silence until we reached the office. He pulled at my wrist to prevent me from moving any closer to the building. He sat down at the bench outside the main door and pat the space beside him. I perched myself on the edge of it and he playfully bumped our shoulders.

"I'm sorry about the baby and the fact your Dad is being an ass. That's not fair of him. I would suggest speaking with him, but something tells me you have already tried that," his face held a look of contemplation, " he could be charged with harmless negligence if the higher up authorities catch wind of this."

I could feel myself beginning to panic, "You aren't going to say anything?! There isn't any need for that." He shook his head.

"I won't say anything." The door to the office opened as an angry woman barreled out of it. "As a cop, I should not condone any relations with a man who is 14 years older than you, but I sincerely doubt what I say would make much of a difference. If your Dad hasn't shown any hostile feelings towards Jimmy I doubt that he knows. I don't think Brian would rat you out like that." I snorted.

"He ratted McKenna and Andy out." I said.

"It's different because she is his sister." I could understand that, but he reacted so violently towards me when he thought it was me whom was dating Andy. "I'd suggest talking with Brian." I nodded sarcastically.

"Yeah, cause that went real well last time." He glared at me. "Fine, I'll think about it." He grinned and leaned over to kiss my cheek.

"Come on, Megs. Lets go get you in trouble."

~

After a severe verbal lashing from our equally severe principle, I sat in the chairs outside his office while he spoke with my Dad on the phone. Beside me sat a girl with Dark Brown hair with blonde highlights, hazel eyes, and snakebites. She looked as bored as I felt.

"What are you here for?" I asked and she glanced over at me.

"I told my music teacher kindly to fuck off." She said with a smirk. I grinned at her. "He can't play guitar but thinks he can." She paused for a second. "I'm Elise."

"Meagan." She smiled.

"What are you here for?" She asks.

"Officer Bundy caught me trying to ditch. The jackass brought me up here."

"Brian Bundy got you in trouble?" She asks in disbelief, "The same Brian Bundy who clipped the fence creating our quick getaway?" I nodded.

The old lady behind the desk shot us both a dirty look. Elise and I stuck our tongues out at her when she returned her attention back to her computer. I shot a quick grin to Elise. I could already feel a friendship forming.

"So..." Elise raised an eyebrow. "Favorite band?" She grinned and pointed at her necklace. On it hung a guitar pick. I recognized it as one that Uncle Brian used a lot.

"Avenged Sevenfold all the fucking way." I smiled at her enthusiasm.

"They are pretty great, but I'm more of a Pinkly Smooth kind of girl." I said with a smirk. If she didn't already know who my father and Uncle's were I wasn't about to inform her. Most people change their attitude towards you when they find out your family is famous.

"The Rev is fucking amazing! He's a hero of mine." I smiled at that.

The door to the Principle's office opened, "Miss Sanders, your father told me to inform you that a Johnny Seward would be picking you up in a few minutes. You are hereby suspended for the next three days." I nodded my head in fake disappointment.

"Woah! All that for skipping!" Elise said once the Principle returned to his office. I shrugged. She handed me a slip of paper. "Text me these next three days, hmm?" I nodded.

Maybe I could use a friend outside of family?

Just the thought of abandoning McKenna and Aleia scared me, but they hung with other people. So why couldn't I? It wasn't like I would just stop talking to them. They were family. Blood or not.

I had pretty much zoned out when Elise began snapping in my face.

"Hey! Meagan! Your Uncle is here!" She said. The excitement in her voice was barely concealed. I felt a smile stretch across my face. She knew who my family was, she just wasn't letting that affect her judgement.

"Meagan! Your Dad is pissed." I stared blankly at Johnny.

"Does it look like I give a fuck?" He rolled his eyes. "Anyways... This is my friend Elise. Elise, this is Johnny." She smiled at him and waved awkwardly. I chuckled at her new found shyness.

The door to the principles office opened once more, "Come on Elise. Time to discuss your punishment. Mr. Seward I presume?" Uncle Johnny nodded. "Get her off my campus."

The second we got in Johnny's car he turned to me with a wicked grin settled on his face. He wiggled his eyebrows making me snort.

"What the hell?!" I laughed.

"Brian Bundy was the one who 'found' you."

"Yes! He caught up with me, brought me back."

"You sure about that?" My mouth dropped open in disbelief. Uncle Johnny smirked.

"I'm sure! Brian and I are just friends!" I shouted in mock outrage.

"Whatever. Either way your Dad is pissed because you were alone with him for a short period of time. He doesn't even care that you've been suspended." I laughed. Sounds like my Dad.

I froze. That sounds like the Dad that cares. Not this new one. Uncle Johnny noticed the look on my face and patted my hand.

"You'll get through this kid. Jimmy, Lacey, and I will help you." I looked over at him and felt tears shine in my eyes.

"I love you Uncle Johnny!"

"I love you to." I smiled.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you guys like it. Opinions?