Status: Finished

To Die For

Selene

"Oh my God, it's true, you did get shot," Ares heard a voice say. She looked up and smiled at the owner.

"Hey Selene," she said. "Yeah it's true, I got shot."

"Wow," Selene said looking amazed. "Has anyone been to see you yet?"

"Your boy was here when I woke up, bur only stayed around long enough to tell me off," Ares answered. "And Gary was here until about 15 minutes ago when my crazy bitch-of-a-mother decided to come in and start yelling at me for driving her medical bill through the roof."

"Why would Cain tell you off?" Selene asked looking confused.

"Because the bullet was meant for him and he was scared that I was going to die and when I woke up, he just directed his fear at me in the form of telling me off," Ares said. She shrugged her shoulders, "It doesn't bother me much though, because I probably would have done the same thing if the roles were reversed."

"You guys are really close, I can understand why you and he are torn up when the other one gets hurt. Especially when it's for you," Selene said smiling shyly.

"Ares?" a voice came from the doorway.

Both of the girls looked up.

"Yeah Gary?" Ares asked.

"I gotta jet, but I just wanted to tell you that when you're released, I arranged for you to come stay with us if that's all right with you,"Gary said.

"Mother doesn't me around her mar-" she glanced at Selene, "-stuff," she finished lamely.

"Well she doesn't really want you at all any more," Gary said with a sad look in his eyes. "But you know that you're welcome to stay at our house for as long as you need to. Your room is still open for you."

"Thanks Gary," Ares said smiling,"I'll stay with you guys for at least a little while after I'm released."

"Ok, later girls," Gary said before leaving.

"So you're going to be staying with Cain," Selene said after a few minutes pause.

"Looks that way," Ares answered. "Why is that a problem?"

"Hell yeah it is," Selene said with ferocity in her eyes. "Cain is my boy and if you think that you can just waltz in, take a bullet for him, and then get to stay with him and end up taking him away from me, then you're dead wrong."

Ares started to open her mouth when a voice sounded from the doorway.

"You just took me away from yourself Selene," Cain said with a hard edge to his voice. "Ari saved my life, and even if she hadn't, you do NOT talk to her that way. If you can't respect my best friend and the sacrifices she makes for me, then you don't belong in my life. No, actually, you don't belong in my life anyway. I don't know why it took my this long to figure it out. We're through Selene."

"But-but," Selene stammered looking from Cain to Ares. "Fine," she said pulling herself together and looking Cain fiercely in the eye. "I don't need you or your bitch anyway."

Cain crossed the floor to Selene in three strides and smacked her across the face, " I don't like hitting girls, but when you insult Ares, you're going to get smacked," he said viciously.

Selene started towards the door. "Oh, and Selene," Cain called. Selene turned, "She's not the one that's a bitch."

Selene looked ready to explode. She looked as though she was going to say something, but then thought better of it. She turned on her heel and stalked out of the room.

Ares looked Cain in the eye. "Was it visitors day and nobody told me?" she asked. They both busted up laughing.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hospital drama :)

Selene's kind of a bitch, but she hid it well before now. Ares knew that Selene wasn't her biggest fan, but she didn't think she hated her that much. Cain had no idea that Selene didn't like Ares at all, so he didn't do anything about it, not because he didn't care, but because he didn't know there was any animosity.

Gotta love having friends who, when it comes to being forced to make a choice, choose you over their boyfriend or girlfriend :)