The Past That Blinds (1 of 3)

Chapter Nine - Trolls Are Disgusting

After a while everyone is out of the sacks, and safely off the spit, a few are still getting themselves dressed after having to find where the trolls put their clothes and weapons.

“Cursed thing blunted my sword, using it as a blasted toothpick!” I complain as I find my weapons. “Oh come on!” I say unsheathing one of my daggers to find troll bogies all over the blade and the blade is also broken in half “That is foul...” I say realising it's even on the handle. I wince, closing my eyes. I shake my head and throw the blade and leather sheath away, ruined, there's no time to try and clean it up. “I hate trolls” I say wiping my hand on some moist grass, due has formed on the leaves so it helps to clean my hand. I'll get some new blades the next time we make a stop at a village if we pass one. So... A blunt-ish sword will have to suffice for now, I suppose I can sharpen it a little while we're riding. Although... I look around and notice it will probably still be a while before we're ready to move out so I sit down and start to sharpen it, cursing the trolls in elvish as I swipe my whetstone down my blades edges.

Thorin calls for a few Dwarves who are sorted to go and help him look for the cave that the trolls must have been staying in. As predicted I was ignored, thankfully though since I would rather make sure my sword is sharp. I feel a small thump in the ground as something hits the grass near my feet causing me to look at what it is. It's a sheathed dagger. I look up to see who threw it but I can't tell, everyone is wandering around trying to find anything of use that the trolls had around here and a few other are heading towards the foot of the cliffs. I pick it up a little unsure and I look at it, it's a well crafted dwarf make blade, not unexpected since I am travelling with dwarves, but who threw it to me? On closer inspection I see a flower like symbol, Thorin's seal. I look to where he's walking up through the trees, and as if he could tell I was looking at him he looks around, still walking. I'm surprised and to avoid staring I look away, back to my sword and continue sharpening it, I glance at him through the corner of my eyes as he turns to look back to where he is walking.

They've found a cave, as predicted there would be and everyone moves up to wait for Thorin, Gandalf and the others to return. The smell that comes from the cave is one most foul. Faeces and rotting flesh and who knows what else that is in there. I sit on some of the stone boulders and large rocks that protrude out of the ground around the area and Bilbo comes over to me smiling, more like grinning.
“What?” I ask looking at him confused as he sits next to me
“Oh, nothing, nothing at all” he says with a slight chuckle
“Bilbo...”
“What? Really it's nothing, is a hobbit not allowed to smile for no reason?”
I give him a look before looking away, shaking my head a little. I look around the company spotting Fili and Kili who also grinning once they see that I am looking at them. Oh no... They don't think... Do they..? They think there's some kind of hidden attraction between the two of us? Me and Thorin... No. Never. Not possible. NO! He hates elves... He... hates... me...
“Do not even think it Bilbo Baggins, or you two” I say giving them looks as I stand up and walk over to a few trees and sit down near them. Great... This is going to be a fun trip, more so than it already was...
♠ ♠ ♠
After so long not updating I'm finally back, sorry it had taken me so long, and sorry this chapter is so short, but I will upload the next chapter shortly to make up for it.