Housemates

Chapter 2

That night I went back to the shelter and lay on my cot in the corner. I put my the flyer in my suitcase and left it there. I was going have to go without a shower tomorrow because the shelter showers are horrible. I fell asleep and dreamed that things would hopefully work out tomorrow even if it was a vampire that I may be living with.

The next day

I woke up bright and early the next morning and when I sat up on my cot most of the others were still snoozing. I looked over to see the kid that usually slept on the cot next to me named Dan wasn't there. He was only thirteen but he got himself into a lot of trouble. I just hoped he would make it back from whatever he's gotten himself into this time. I shook my head then got up to stretch.
I got off the cot and grabbed my things. I'm slept close to my guitar and things just in case someone tried to steal it and luckily no one has tried. I was still wearing the clothes that I had on yesterday I didn't smell in the least bit. I strapped by guitar on and then with luggage in tow proceeded to the front of the shelter making sure not to bump into anyone's cot. That would be rude.
I had five bucks for an all day bus pass so that was good because I needed to get to West Borrow Lane which took three buses from where I was. I walked out of the shelter and into the sunlight. I went to the bus stop across the street and waited.

2 hours later
Yes it took two freaking hours to get here and as we passed stops and I switched buses less and less people got on and by the time I got on the third bus nobody was on there with me. I guess vampires really did scare most humans. When I was about to get off in the vampire side of town the bus driver asked me if this was really where I wanted to get off. I told him 'yeah' and then he said 'your funeral' and pulled off. I shrugged my shoulders. I really didn't care.
Now here I was standing at this bus stop on West Borrow lane with nowhere to go. I sat on the bench that was close by and sighed. I was all alone in vamp town with no protection against them at all.
"Oh why me. I looked at flyer and on impulse came here" That's when the flyer popped in my head. I smacked myself on the forehead."Hello Marisa the flyer I could've missed something." I quickly unzipped my suit case and rummaged around in it until I felt a crinkly piece of paper. I pulled it out and smoothed it out over my lap.Once it looked okay I looked it over.
There was a map on the flyer now. Was it magic because I swear they're was only like two sentences before. I read 'So you've made it this far now it's time to continue your journey'. Okay so this was a weird flyer and as I held it, a red dot came on it and it said' your location is here'and a blue dot that said 'your destination is here'. So this was a magic flyer and I also had a long walk ahead of me. I need a cigarette, yes I smoked and it was a nasty habit of mine that I haven't shook since I was sixteen.
I pulled my lighter and my cigarette out of the side pocket of my suitcase and then lit it up. I put the cigarette in my mouth, then zipped my luggage back up. I stood up with the flyer in hand. I looked down at it.
"Well flyer let's get this show ahead" My voice was a bit muffled with the cigarette in my mouth. I picked up my suitcase and re-positioned Joe. I began my journey through vamp town.

A bit later

So I'm walking, I'm walking and I notice that as I walked the houses got bigger and more luxurious. The lawns were well kept and they had freaking creepy garden gnomes. The houses were getting huge and I wasn't even at my destination yet. There was also a lot of land between the houses and as I walked it felt like someone was watching me. It was giving me the creeps.
I shook it off and kept looking at the map. It was getting really hot, my cigarette's life was slowly ending and I didn't want to light another,also I wish I had changed clothes. I was more than angry with myself at the moment but at least it was still day time and the vamps had a few more hours to sleep in. I was so night ready to fend myself off at the moment. I looked down at the map on the flyer. So I seem to be getting close to the destination.
"Only a few more acres to go." I said out loud. I needed some breathing room from my head. It was so quiet that it seemed as if my words echoed off the houses and came back to me. There wasn't any birds chirping as well. Weird.

A few more acres
I was looking down at the map when my red dot landed on the blue dot. You're here congratulations, the flyer wrote at the bottom of the paper. What does it mean congratulations. I just lost five pounds walking here not to mention non-stop walking. I finally looked up to see a long line branching from the house and I was also looking at the back of someone's head.
Alright so I wasn't the only one that got the flyer, and that needed a place to stay. I was thinking at the moment that I should just hightail it back home but since I walked this far what the hell. I hoped that I was the last person because I had to leave a good impression. I mean I was nowhere close to the house. I tapped the guy in front of me on the shoulder. He turned around and looked at me.
"Yes?" he had sort of a snobby attitude. Ugh. I was just going to ask him and get this convo over with.
"I wanted to know why they're so any people here. Wasn't the flyer just for housemates?"
"Obviously because the person that sent the flyer is a vampire. Humans dream of living the luxurious life and not down in the dumps. Some people here left their families for this.Hell I even did" The guy said. I wasn't at all in disbelief because I knew of those extreme vamp lovers that just wanted to be near them. I didn't respond to the guy so he just shrugged his shoulders and turned back around in line. I leaned side ways to at least get a glimpse of the house but too many bodies and too much land.

An hour later
This line has moved absolutely nowhere and I'm getting hungry. The guy in front of me who's name I learned was George decided to just leave. We had talked again but then he jut decided he was tired and left but with that little bump up I got freaking nowhere. This was freaking frustrating at what was most likely 10:00 in the morning.

Four hours later
Please help me someone. I've been here for so long and I moved maybe two feet from where I was. I had to sit on my suitcase after that because my legs were about to give out because of this line and all that walking. I was determined to stay here because one I didn't want to spend another night in the shelter, two I didn't want to be out after dark trying to walk to the buss stop. I would more than likely be killed in the blink of an eye. I was only nineteen and I was not trying to be singing 'If I die young'.
I was really breaking a sweat here because I had on all black and the sun was being a total bitch to me today.

Three more hours later
Remember how I said the sun was being a total bitch well it must have been in my head because right after that it started raining. It slowly turned into a thunderstorm so most people dropped out. My dress was soaking wet and my hair was sticking to my forehead. I would say I was angry but no I was furious. Not to mention that when it rained the sky got darker and it meant the vamps got out earlier. Vamps loved the rain and I mean they loved it.
The sky wasn't that dark yet but as I looked west ,they were coming. I couldn't take this so I decided the only thing that I could do was sneak in. The lien was much shorter now and I had a clear view of the house. It was beautiful and big. I just had to get closer before the clouds came. I looked left and right and made sure nobody saw me. I ran the opposite way from the gates and eventually found a pool. I peeked over to see the house had many doors and windows.
I quickly ran past that and crawled behind the pool chairs, trying to desperately remain incognito. If someone did see me I probably looked like a large bug. I crawled then jumped over into a flower patch on the side of the house absolutely hating that it was still raining. My dark outfit had brown mud all over it and it didn't feel right. I quickly got up and stuck to the shadows on the inside of the house.
This was going to be long because the house was large and the back of the house was far away. I kept slipping and my suitcase was getting stuck in the mud.

Eventually

I made it to the back of the house. Hurrah for Marisa. Yeah whatever, I sop at the edge of the side of the house and for a second admired the beautiful scenery that was called the backyard. The pathway was leading from the house and I really wanted to walk down it too see what was there but I had a different task at hand. I began to climb up the side of the house with my luggage and guitar using the gutter. There was a balcony that I could climb onto up there and get in the house.
I just needed a place to sleep so I'm just going to sleep here until the morning and I'll be outta there hairs. I made a couple of groaning sounds as I made my way up there but that comes with try to carry a heavy ass luggage too in the pouring rain. I saw the balcony come into view so I picked my luggage up and tossed it as far as I could over the balcony. It landed with a loud'thud' sound and I cringed hoping that no one heard that. I reached over to the black iron bars on the balcony and grabbed own.
Once I had my right hand steady I just let myself drop so I was dangling from the balcony bars. I was about to put my right hand up been then someone pulled me up by themselves quickly with ease. I found myself leaning over the balcony and a shirtless guy with glowing red eyes grabbing me by the neck. I smiled up at him.

"So hey no harm here but can we be housemates."
♠ ♠ ♠
Be happy to Subscribe
Do not Steal this