Status: Ongoing

The Dark Side of the Moon

Chapter 2

Andy POV

I watched as Jinxx ran his hand lovingly over Sammi's pregnant stomach before looking away and around us at all the other vampires in the lunchroom. At the beginning of the year the Vampire council had enrolled my entire clan in high school again and before lunch on the first day Jinxx had killed two humans for looking at Sammi. Now no humans looked at us at all.

I felt someone nudge my side as I was looking out of the window and turned to see Jake looking at me concerned.
"You ok?" He asked and I just nodded "Hungry?" I shook my head and before I could turn to look back out of the window he had grabbed my hand and was pulling me out of the room.

He pulled me into the hallway before stopping and letting go of my hand
"What's wrong?" He whispered and I shook my head again "Andy why won't you talk to me?"
I saw a human walk by and look at us with a smirk and I pressed a hand into Jake's stomach who growled darkly, scaring the human.

"I'm just tired Jake" I said softly, leaving my hand on his stomach so he would stay with me. He nodded and reached a hand up and touched the side of my face which made me smile. It was times like this where I could pretend that Jake was mine. That he cared solely for me and no one else. That he wasn't going to leave me by myself the moment that he found his mate. I turned my head slightly so that his hand was over my mouth and bit down slightly, letting his blood fill my mouth before swallowing and licking over the wound so that it would close.

I hummed "Thanks Jake" I said and he nodded
"Shall we go back inside?" I nodded and he grabbed my hand again before leading me inside where we were before.

There were very few moments that I didn't like being a carrier and now has to be one of them. I hated that I had to wait for my mate to find me and once they had found me I would have to depend on them for the rest of my life. I also hated that until my mate found me I was all alone and surrounded by my clan who were all nicely paired up, well apart from Jake anyway.

My clan is Jake, CC and Jinxx who are dominant and Ashley, Sammi and myself who are carriers. Jinxx and Sammi are mated and are expecting their first child and Ashley and CC are mated as well.

One thing that I was looking forward to though was having my own family. It had to be the best thing about being a carrier, the opportunity to have your own family. I couldn't wait to feel my stomach swell with children.

I was dragged out of my thoughts by the bell and got a look from Ashley that said 'We need to talk'. I nodded and he smiled brightly at me before whispering into CC's ear who looked over at me and nodded. Ashley grabbed my hand and pulled me from the room and towards the car park, what am I? A rag doll?

We climbed into the back of CC's car and he climbed into the drivers seat and quickly drove us home. I checked the mailbox on the way to the front door and there was a letter for Jake . . . From the Vampire council. What was going on? Had they found his mate? That would be my luck, the last one in the clan without a mate. I suddenly wasn't in the mood to gossip with Ashley anymore.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay chapter two :)