Status: Complete!

Like it Was Before

SLB

After dinner and drinks (and drinks, and drinks), Jenner provides us with a tour of the underground floor we're currently residing in of the Atlanta CDC, wrapping things up by showing us to the individual sleeping quarters where the lot of us have unceremoniously dumped our belongings.
"Should we grab a cot?" I ask Shane, whose mood has improved a little now that he's familiarized himself with our surroundings, a holdover from his cop life. "We don't need-" he breaks off at the sound of Glenn's whooping.
Glenn was right behind me the last I checked and I lean partially out of our doorway, curiosity piqued. "What? What now?"
Glenn grabs my face with both hands, still whooping, his face flushed and drunk beyond all reason.
"Hot water!" I share a look with Shane as he removes Glenn's hands from my person. "What the hell?"
"Showers!" Glenn elaborates. "With hot water!"
I feel my eyes go round. "You serious?!" Shane demands.
"Go easy on the hot water," Jenner reprimands and I almost cry in relief. Hot water. A shower. This really is heaven.
"Don't worry, Doc," Shane laughs, whooping himself now, bad mood forgotten. "Me'n Savannah'll shower together,"
he pauses to wink at me, the jerk. "Conserve water."
I want to be mad at or embarrassed by his display but I'm elated instead. "Shut up, Walsh."
His eyes sparkle, no doubt remembering the last time I'd spoken those words to him not so long ago in the woods and what had followed. "Yes ma'am."

xx

Shane finds me twenty minutes later naked and already lathered up in the warm shower stall; I can't believe our luck.
I can hear T-dog to my left, laughing delightedly and I'm close to joining him in his loud celebrations when I turn my back to the spray, finding my husband just beginning to slide into the shower, closing the door closed behind himself, clutching a bottle of whiskey in his free hand.
"Can you see through these things?"
I wonder, jerking my chin towards the frosted glass behind him-in my rush, I hadn't even thought to check. Shane shakes his head, chugging what appears to be Makers Mark, a sexy gleam in his eye. "Good. C'mere,"
He doesn't need anymore of an invitation than this, striding cocksure into my slick open arms, holding the bottle up to my mouth and smiling approvingly as I take first one gulp and then another, the liquor burning my throat on its way down.
As if he knows, Shane places sloppy kisses on my neck, groping for the shampoo shelf, knocking mini bottles off as he puts the bottle away, freeing his hands while tiny bars of soap rain down making me laugh into Shane's open mouth.
"Think it's soundproof?" I tease, knowing full well that it isn't, not if I could hear Dog next door.
"Guess I could always make you scream and find out,"
This time when I laugh the sound isn't muffled by Shane's mouth bouncing off of the tiles surrounding us.
"Oh, you think so, huh?"
Shane nods, forehead to mine before catching my mouth again, gripping the backs of my thighs and sliding his hands up to my ass then around to possessively hold the more sensitive parts of my anatomy, driving my breath away.
"You ready for me, Savannah Jane?"
He knows damn well that I am, pulling me closer picking me up, pressing me against the wall close as he could possibly be without being inside of me, my hands lacing through his hair while I gasp for breath, gripping tight as he frees one hand, placing it between us rubbing touching with skill before moving to my nipples both of which are already hard.
"I want you so bad," Shane confides and I make a strangled incoherent noise in response, bucking my hips impatiently. Then, he's moving, he's inside and there's no way I can keep quiet, I think, biting his shoulder hard, hard enough to leave a mark as I try to stifle my screams while he takes me making me lose my mind again and again before the hot water peters out, leaving the both of us chilly and exhausted but happy. Lit up from the inside out.

xx

"Good shower?" Lori asks once I've actually emerged fully dressed into the common area sometime later, making me guffaw-if only she knew. The entire group probably would have, had I not clamped down on Shane, muffling myself as best I could.
"Well there are showers, think they have washing machines?" Jacqui asks from behind Lori entering the open room and making me laugh as Lori throws her towel at the other woman in exasperation."Jac!"
"Honestly, what is your deal with major ap-" I break off as Shane stumbles out of the bathroom behind me wearing fresh clothes and clutching the still partially full bottle of whiskey in his hand. Shane has consumed quite a bit of it-we both have.
I'm turning towards him, arms out but I don't move quick enough to miss the widening of Lori's eyes or her facial expression as if she'd just been slapped. "Okay," I gently pry the bottle from his intoxicated fingers, lacing mine through them as a replacement, passing the bottle to whoever will take it. "Time for bed. Let's go, handsome,"
Shane smiles at me using full wattage and I melt. Sometimes just being around him is like falling in love all over again, even if I can't quite heft his drunk ass. "Lead the way, sweetheart."
"What is it that you think you're doing?" Lori, as we brush past her.
Ignoring this, we don't make it down our hallway, Shane and I, or at least not very far,
We hardly make it a few measly feet before it becomes gruelingly clear that I'm physically unable to schlepp him around.
"Little help here, T?" I call hopefully as I catch a glimpse of Dog wandering around ahead of us. Being the kind man that he is, T doubles back stopping whatever it was he was doing to help, taking Shane's arm and throwing it over his own shoulders.
"Thank you," I sigh, relieved "We're in room-"
"I know," T cuts me off, laughing. "And you're welcome, Savannah."
I beam a smile up at the two of them which feels false on my face as if it will crack in half.
"I'll be right there, babe," I assure Shane, shocking myself with how calm I sound-I'm shaking like a leaf in a windstorm as I turn back to Lori who has followed closely behind. "Talk to you a minute?"
I'm polite enough to phrase this as a question when I know it isn't. Maybe it's the booze, but I intend to have this out with Lori tonight. Now.
"Sure," Lori seems surprised but she has no idea yet.
"There's wine Rick's abandoned in the library-come have some with me,"
I follow Lori, Jaq sending me a questioning worried look which I ignore, and slam the door behind us, taking pains to press in the flimsy lock so this won't be interrupted. "Personally, I've always preferred red, and this is white, but any port in a storm, huh?"
Lori turns towards me when I don't answer, bottle held loftily in the air.
Before I even know I'm reacting I've moved, converging on Lori, my hand wrapping around her skinny neck like it's got a mind of its own, using this advantage to push her up against the wall.
Shocked, Lori drops the bottle which lands on the carpet with a dull 'think' and then quiet glugging as the wine pours out.
I'm not choking Lori by any means but I am holding her in place and though I'm not aware of it at the time, gauging scratch marks into her neck with my fingernails, three neat lines. It seems impossible but the surprised look on her face does noting but make me angrier.
"What is it that I think I'm doing?" I echo incredulously before diving right into the matter at hand.
"You think I don't know what happened between you and Shane-You think I don't see the way you look at him with your damsel-in-distress act?" Lori tries to speak and this time I do squeeze. Whiskey always had turned me mean.
"Shut up. You don't talk to him, you don't look at him, you don't think about him. He belongs to me-he loves me. Are we clear?"
Lori nods and I let her go, amazed at my own anger.
I give Lori one last contemptuous look before I leave here there, standing in the library and shaking as I go to find Shane.
♠ ♠ ♠
Title/Song is Skinny Little Bitch but I'm not sure mibba won't delete the chapter if I name it that

Also, I'd like to warn everyone that we are entering the home stretch!
The fic wraps up with Season 1 so I should be posting the final (!!) chapter next weekend.
It makes me incredibly sad to end this journey but the story has taken me as far as it can.
Also, I will immediately begin working on a sequel so look for that around June maybe? I adore ya'll xx

PS- These stories are all pre-written it's just a matter of typing and posting them and
sometimes (such as this chapter) I can't believe some of the shit I write, it's so dirty. Jeez.