Endless Love

Tabitha

Image

Fallon

“Not everyone is the same,” they say. “Everyone is different; you just have to find the right person.” I call bullshit. That girl back there, Autumn, was the type who doesn’t flaunt the fact that she was absolutely gorgeous in a natural way. She didn’t shove her cleavage in my face, didn’t flip her hair or glance at her manicured nails (not that they were manicured) and most certainly didn’t act girly. But the moment she opened her mouth, accusing me of shit…

On second thought, that did make her different. Most women refused to stand up to me, also never wanted to stand up for me. They never stuck around after sex, because I don’t allow it, and most certainly don’t tell me off. Now that I stop to think about it, this girl is different. We’re certainly attracted to each other, that I can’t deny. She can’t either, considering the way she reacted. She enjoyed flirting with me and showing up her sister. However, she will not allow that to take over her life because she assumes that I am a player, which, I admit that I am.
I refuse to do relationships. They’re overbearing. Besides, if I wanted to be tied down to one girl and one girl only, I would just ask one girl to marry me. Of course, in most eyes that makes me an asshole. What do I care, though? It is my decision and they can shove it up their judgmental asses.

Shaking my head, I started my car and tore out of the driveway, my tires squealing, showing my anger. The argument between Austin and Sylvia came to a halt as they turned to stare at my car with wide eyes. At least, Sylvia’s were widened. Austin looked as if he were grateful for the interruption.

When I drove past Autumn, I noticed that she didn’t even glance my way. Instead she proved to be stubborn and acted as if I wasn’t there. Like the cold bitch that she was slowly showing me she was. Unfortunately, I liked it. I liked the fact that she was feisty and got fired up from the smallest things, that her hair matched her name and her personality, that she wasn’t a slut and drove to prove me wrong.

The smirk that curved upon my lips made me grimace. I refused to allow her to wrap me around her fingers. Actually, that didn’t sound too bad…

Autumn
I took my black and white backpack out of my locker, slinging it over my shoulder as I kicked the locker door shut. My eyes drifted up to the clock, finding that I had fifteen minutes until the first bell finally rang, signaling the time to get to class. I was not looking forward to this day, not at all; especially if he were to be in any of my classes. It was bad enough that he was my next door neighbor, but now this? Ugh.

“Hey, Autumn!” the loud, cheerful voice of my best friend yelled out. She bounded over to me, her dark locks of hair bouncing around her face. The smile that stretched across her face showed in her narrow hazel eyes. She was happy, very happy.

“Hi there, Tabitha. What has you so happy on this day?”

When she dipped her chin down into her chest, her smile faltered, a look of shyness entering her features. My eyebrows shot up, surprise appearing. I had never seen this look on her face before. “Guess who asked me out,” she whispered, blood rushing to her cheeks.

“Oh my gosh, no way!” I exclaimed, throwing my arms around her in a quick hug. “Matthew, right?” I asked once I pulled away.

She nodded, the grin from before returning full force. For years now, Tabitha had been pining after the same guy. He was a real sweetheart who had his moments, just like everyone, but treated Tabitha as if she were a princess, and that was just being friends. He was adorable and smart too. A few months ago, he had broken up with his girlfriend of three years. Apparently their relationship had ended because the girl, Hannah, had wanted Matthew to drop his friendship with Tabitha, but he had refused, stating that their friendship meant too much to him to just walk away.

“So what happened? How did he ask you out? Girl, I need details, now!” I whisper-yelled, forcing a giggle out of her.

“Well,” she started, “we were standing by my locker, talking about our lives, when I randomly asked how he felt right now, about his break up with Hannah. He had said, ‘Honestly, Tabitha, I could care less about Hannah right now. All I want is you. Will you be my girlfriend?’ And without even thinking, I said yes! Can you believe it, Autumn? I didn’t even have to tell him how I felt, he already knew!”

“That’s great, Tabby,” I said, truly meaning it. She deserved all of the happiness that she could get, especially after what had happened with her last boyfriend. That was another story, though, for a different time. I glanced up at the clock once again, seeing that we now had only three minutes until the bell rang. “We better head to class, the bell is about to ring.”

* * *


When I walked into my English classroom, I had to bite back a groan. Not only was he sitting in my class, he was sitting behind my desk. Something told me that this was not an accident. He meant to sit behind me. Whether or not it was to annoy the shit out of me or something else was beyond me. As I walked to my desk, it was tempting to ask for a new seat, but that would make me look like a coward. And I, Autumn Montgomery, am not a coward.

His eyes met mine, a smirk coming onto his face. I rolled my eyes, plopping down into the hard chair connected to the small brown desk. “Hey,” he said, poking me in the back with his pencil eraser.

I turned around, shooting him a glare that I hoped would tell him to leave me alone. “Do you mind?"

“Not at all,” he responded, poking me again, right between my shoulder blades. I grabbed the pencil out of his hand and placed it on my desk, away from him. It was apparent that he was over the fight from this morning.

“Well I do, so go away.” When I turned back around, I noticed that I was being glared at by a few students, forcing me to glare back until they looked away. All except one person. “Do you have a staring problem, Mackenzie?”

“No, but you have a problem that’s called being a whore,” she said immaturely.

I placed my elbows on the desk and interlaced my fingers in front of my mouth, hiding the slow grin that appeared. “What a funny comeback. Did you get that out of a children’s book?”

She sputtered, unable to find her voice again.

“Do you have nothing more to say? What a damn shame,” I said, turning my attention away from her and back to the front of the room. But then I glanced back at her, taking in her extremely red face and fisted hands. “You know, I’m curious. If I’m a whore, what does that make you, a slut? At least I get paid for what I do.”

The class snickered while Mackenzie’s face turned a deeper shade of red. She turned away, to the front of the room, where the teacher was gathering papers, and ignored me.

“You sure do have a way with insults, don’t you?” Fallon said, poking me in the back for the third time. “By the way, can I have my pencil back? I kind of need it.”

“When you’re insulted, there always has to be a better comeback, someone with the better last word. That way, they’ll shut up and learn not to mess with you anymore.” I threw the pencil on his desk, turning my eyes to the chalk board. Why could we not have Smart Boards like other classrooms have? Stupidity, that’s why. I would call it laziness, but the Smart Board makes things easier.

“True,” he replied, and then went quiet. Just in time, too, because the teacher started walking to the middle of the room.

“Alright, class, we have a new student. His name is Fallon Smith, please make him feel welcome. Now, besides that, I want you to take out your notebooks and pencils.” She paused, looking around the room, waiting until everyone had everything they needed. “Now open to a blank page and start writing. I don’t care about what, vacations, a dog, just write. When you are done, turn it in. Then tomorrow, we will go over your papers and start it into a narrative or research paper, depending on what you write about.”

I stared blankly at the sheet of paper, not knowing what to start out with. At the top, I scrawled out Ideas. Under the title, I began with a list: My favorite animal, potatoes, cheese, cars, Dodge Challenger, football. My list was plain, normal and overall boring. It had normal things a person would think about. I honestly wanted something different, something unusual. Placing my head in my hand, I began to really think. What would a person not want to write about, what would set my paper off from everybody else’s? Phobias, a disorder, maybe? Spiders, curtains, photography? My eyes drifted to the front of the room, where Mrs. Avera was looking around slowly, watching everyone write. I raised my hand into the air.

“Yes, Autumn?”

“Is it possible to write about two different things, to combine them?” I asked, biting my lower lip at the possibility. If possible, I would definitely combine different types of things with different types of phobias. I could talk about how spiders were a big fear, talk about what they were and then start with Arachnophobia.

“It depends, really. If the combination could go with the topic, then yes, but writing about two completely random things will be an automatic F.”

“Thank you,” I said, going back to my paper. My handwriting was scrawled out onto the paper, writing over and over without stopping.

In life, there are many different types of fears. These fears are called phobias. The definition of a phobia is an irrational or very powerful fear and dislike of something. Is it possible to overcome a fear, to conquer it and override it from the system fully? If somebody has a very strong will to do this, it is very possible. What, exactly, are some of these fears that people have? Some different ones are known as spiders and heights.

A spider is an eight-legged animal that spins webs for a living. It is a predator, one that uses its webs for traps for its prey. When it comes to biting something, or somebody, their venom can be very fatal; however that is only certain species. Some just cause a minor bite, like a mosquito bite.


“Alright, turn your papers in, please. The bell is about to ring,” Mrs. Avera announced.

I quickly wrote my name at the top of the paper, along with the title and passed it up with all of the others.

“So what are you writing about?” Fallon asked, his shadow blocking out the light on my desk. I glanced up at him and then looked away quickly, ignoring the question he had asked. “Come on, Autumn, you have to talk to me sometime,” he said, bending down to my level. His eyes met mine, uncertainty flashing in them.

“What are you writing about?” I asked, throwing the question back at him. “And I have talked to you, plenty of times. It’s just a matter of not wanting to.” I stood up from my desk, tossing my backpack over my shoulder and shoved him out of the way with my hip.

His hand skittered over to my side, where my shirt had ridden up a little. His fingers brushed, feather light, over my skin, sending a shiver down my spine. I jerked away, sending a death glare while I pulled my shirt back down. “Do you mind?”

“I believe you know the answer to that question. And to answer your other one, I asked you first.”

“You are so infuriating!” I snapped, walking toward the front of the room just as the bell rang. My eyes scanned over the posters I see every day, taking in the “Without English, where would we be?” one with a small child with her parent, reading a book. Next to it rested a very colorful poster with rainbow splatters and white words over it saying, “Grammar means everything. USE IT!”

I shifted my backpack higher on my shoulder as I exited the classroom, and then headed down the hall toward my study hall. It was idiotic having a study hall that early in the morning. I don’t have homework yet, nor do I have homework from the previous day. Unlike most students, I was smart and did my homework overnight. Although, according to others, I really wasn’t all that smart.

“Hey!” Tabitha bounded over to my side, the smile from before on her face. This was definitely going to be a fantastic day for her. “What am I going to have in English later?”

“Well, you get to pick a topic of anything you want and write all about it, then tomorrow, turn it into a paper.” My response was quick to the point, my eyes briefly glancing over to her.

“Oh great. I hate writing!”

“Sorry, Tab,” I replied, stopping directly in front of my classroom. “You better get to class, or else you’ll be late. I’ll see you later, after school.”

* * *


I glowered at the BMW in front of me. I hated the fact that Fallon had offered me a ride home. I hated even more that I was considering it. The more that I spent with this guy, the worse my life would get. Feelings would override common sense, people would hate me. Not that they already don’t hate me, because they most certainly do. It’s all because I have the friends and life that they want, or what they think that they want.

“No,” I suddenly said, turning away from the tempting car. Thus began the long walk home.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry, guys! It feels like it's been forever since I've updated this :c I swear the story will get better soon.

Also, I have so many comments, subscribers and recommendations! Thank you!