Welcome to Burlesque

Meeting

The smell of smoke was thick in the air and I was backstage. Me. Well, I’m a well-known underground burlesque singer and perform at the club called Burlesque. I was getting ready for tonight’s show and my mentor Laura walked in. She was the woman who took me under her wing when my mother passed.

I started singing twelve years ago and now I’m twenty two. I was dressed and looked like pure sex.

“They’re all hot and bothered for you” Laura said laughing.

I playfully smacked her and started heading to the stage. I was shaking and nervous. I walked up the stairs and the stage was dark and dimly lit. I walked quietly and sat down in a chair with my back facing the audience. No one could see who it was behind the chair and I started singing.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch=U4pR5U82RL8[/youtube]

I saw this cute guy when I was walking around the tables in the crowd singing. I grabbed his hat and was wearing the whole time. At the end I handed it back to him and went backstage.

Backstage

I was dressed in some comfy clothes and it was at least around midnight. I was tired and left backstage. I picked up my bag outside the door and started heading towards my car.

“Vanessa wait!” I heard someone yell.

I turned around and saw the cute guy from earlier jogging to me. Within a few seconds he was in front of me and was smiling. I realized he was Austin Carlile from Of Mice and Men my favorite band. Keep it cook Ness. Keep it cool.

“What did you need?” I asked.

“You wanna go out tomorrow night?” He asked.

“I don’t accept dates from strangers” I said.

“Why?” He asked.
“Cause I don’t know them” I said, “but you can come by tomorrow and we can talk then maybe go out”
I saw him smile and that made me smile.

“By the way you have a hell of a voice” He said.

“and by the way you’re an amazing screamer” I said.

“You know my band” He asked shocked.

“Yes Mr. Carlile I do” I said, “and if you excuse me I have to go home and sleep”

I got in my car and told him goodnight. I went to my house. I walked through my front door , shut it, and locked it. I went up to my room and went to bed.

Next Day

I woke up and it was one o’clock. I groaned and got up. I saw Laura in the kitchen and she was eating a fruit salad.

“So, how was that talk with you and that boy last night?” She asked smiling.

“You knew about that?!” I exclaimed.

“Go out with the boy. He seems like a perfect fit unlike the last one” She said.

“I barely know him” I said still shocked.

“Talk to the boy tonight and if you like him go out tonight” She said.

“Fine only because you said so” I said.

“That’s my girl” She said.

Burlesque

I walked into work and saw Austin across the room drinking with a few of his friends I guess. He spotted me and winked. I blew him a kiss and was being seductive. I went backstage and got dressed. I hit the stage and started singing.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch=pSlCVnSIgC8[/youtube]

I got done teasing every guy in the joint and went backstage. I changed into this and walked into the main room. I saw Austin get up and start walking towards me.

“Where are you going beautiful?” He asked.

“Out” I said.

“With you?” He asked.

“You” I said leaving.

I walked out the club and heard someone running after me.

“I thought you didn’t go out with people you didn’t know” Austin said catching up with me.

“I changed my mind” I said smiling.