Welcome to Burlesque

Hyde Lounge.

I rounded the side of my car, so I could open the door for Laura. That was honestly a lot easier than I thought it was going to be, my thoughts being that I would have to annoy her into a date with me of course, but it didn't take that much persuasion.
I jumped in on the other side and started up the car,
“So, where exactly are we going?”
“Oh, be a gentleman Mr. Carlile! You ask me out and you don't even know where we are going?” She ranted with her perfect smile playing across her lips. I sat there with my foot on my break until a light bulb went off.
“Oh, okay. I know exactly where to take you.” I started backing out and driving through the parking lot.
“Where exactly would that be?”
I just shrugged, leaving a little mystery between us. I could hear her scoff from my response and shake her head, her perfect blonde curls staying in place. I chuckled at this, how perfect she was. It was so unbelievable, but there she is, as real as can be.
The drive wasn't long, maybe a good 10 minutes. Even from miles down the road you could hear the music resonating from the building. I pulled up right beside the the huge logo that was shining brightly. Laura had to squint very hard to see what exactly it said,
“Hyde Lounge? Really? Never been here before.” She said in a sarcastic tone.
“Come on!” I yelled, getting out of the drivers seat, rounding the car again, and opening the door for Vanessa, “It'll be fun!”
She rolled her eyes and slid out of the car, I threw the keys to the valet and offered her my arm. She looked at me like I was dumb, and continue to walk towards the entrance, when we got inside, the whole place seemed empty.
“I'm so unimpressed Mr. Carlile. I let you take me out and this is all you have to offer me. Shame on you.” She laughed while tsking at me. A waitress came up to us with a smile that plainly said, “Give me any shit tonight and I'll spit in your food.”
“Just two!” I piped, as I set my hand on the small of Vanessa's back. She relaxed into my touch as we walked to our own little personal booth. She sat opposite of me on the leather seat.
“Chardonnay.” I plainly said to the waitress, Vanessa sighed when the menu was placed in front of her.
“Water with lots of lemon.” She smiled at the waitress, probably the only smile I'd see tonight. “You know alcohol is horrible for your voice, right?”
“Oh, please,” I drawled, holding the menu close to the table so I could still see her face, “That just an old wives tale.”
As Vanessa went to speak, a song that I actually recognized started blaring through the DJs speakers. She wiped her head around the room and then back at me when I started tapping my finger along to this song .
“This isn't real music.” She mumbled using her menu to cover her face.
“It's is too. It's good music as well.” She dropped her menu and looked up at me with a dumbfounded expression on her face.
“No, Austin, what I sing is real music! It comes from the soul, not some guys computer.” She scoffed and placed the menu back up. The waitress came back around with our drink and asked if we made a decision.
“I'll have the... shrimp and tarragon.” I ordered, handing her the menu, I sat up a little straighter and could see Vanessa's forehead with an eyebrow raised up, she put down the menu and in the sweetest voice said,
“I would like the chocolate strawberries, please.” She grinned folding the menu back up and handing it to the waitress.
“Dessert first?” I laughed taking a sip of my wine as she squeezed the lemon in her drink.
“Life's short babyface.”