Status: More to come(Custom layout works now)

Prophecy

Chapter 1: Liz

“You are so stupid! Clean up this mess and do it again. God, can’t you do anything right?” an angry Cyrus yelled at me.

“I’m sorry. Please I’ll do it right this time.” I practically begged from where I fell on the floor barely facing him as he raised back his hand.

Instead of striking me he left me on the kitchen floor as I knew what he was trying to say. I wasn’t even worth hitting. I breathed deeply trying to catch my breath getting up to grab the things to clean the spilt casserole. Then just as I started to clean I heard footsteps approaching and braced myself afraid of Cyrus returning.

“Lizzie?” I heard my timid sister’s voice.

I got up turning to her seeing a cut on her shoulder and red marks that would become bruises where his hands had been. I took a deep breath as I asked, “He hit you again ir he pushed you this time?”

“A glass broke and he grabbed my arm pushing me down to the floor. That’s how I cut myself.” She replied softly

“So Hunter’s in a foul mood as well?” I sighed cleaning her scrape.

“Yeah. Cyrus too? Did he hit you?” she questioned eyeing me.

“No just verbal. Have to prepare dinner again. Spaghetti may be a safer bet.” I mumbled getting back to cleaning up the casserole.

“Such fantastic fiancés we have huh?” she said sarcastically, and then added sympathetically, “Need any help?”

I nodded my head as we worked in silence waiting for dinner time. That was the safe time. Eating dinner with their parents they were perfect gentleman, and we were just their clumsy girls. I kept counting the minuets waiting always listening for the chance of one of them coming.

The unease hit me as I whispered, “We need to get out of here. I can’t handle it anymore.”

Lexi stared at me shocked as we both looked around afraid we’d been overheard. Both of us breathing relief as no one showed up after a few minuets. We stayed silent still cooking until I heard
Lexi whisper softly, “Tonight?”

We said nothing more as we continued working. Speaking in their house was too unsafe and we knew that. Then I heard their footsteps approaching knowing it was finally dinnertime and everything was at least ready.