Status: Hiatus

Don't Speak, Liar

008

After my talk with Shaun, a weight is lifted from my shoulders and I’m able to enjoy my day. My set is later in the day, and Kyle’s is early in the afternoon. We both have signings today, so we won’t be able to see each other a majority of the day. But I will get to see the boys play.

I don’t see them until just a few minutes before their set. I walk up to Kyle and Dave, who are pumping each other up. When Dave sees me, he points me out to Kyle, who is all smiles. I grin back and greet them. “Glad you came, Morganne!” Dave says, pulling me into a hug.

“You know I wouldn’t miss your set if I could help it,” I smile.

“Do you have time after to hang?” Kyle asks. He slings his arm around my shoulder and gives me a goofy smile.

I shake my head, putting my arm around his waist. “I can’t. I have to race to my signing. Will you be at my set today?”

He asks for the time of my set. I tell him, and he nods. “We gotta sing together. I can’t miss that.” I try to refrain from blushing, but I can feel the heat in my cheeks. Dave punches Kyle’s shoulder lightly, telling him it’s time to play.

Kyle kisses my cheek before moving his arm away. “My set is starting in a minute, so I have to go. Thank you for coming.” He jumps around a little, hyping himself up, before running onto the stage.

Watching Kyle preform changed my view on him slightly. He’s always been attractive to me. Looking at him, I didn’t think I could be more attracted to him. But, as I see him with the crowd, singing so passionately, I became far more attracted to him. He’s so comfortable, so happy.

Kyle isn’t the only one killing it on the stage today - the whole band is talented. I adore each of the boys. Seeing them all onstage gave me a new appreciation for them all. A good amount of bands can’t back up their songs. Some bands can make an album, but sound completely different live, and not in a good way. We Came As Romans are not like that. They have great stage presence, and they haven’t missed a note yet.

After their set, Kyle and Josh run straight up to me. “How did we do?” Josh asks, grinning.

“You guys did great! I gotta go though. I have my signing. I’ll see you guys later?”

“Can I walk you to your signing?” Kyle asks.

I shake my head. “I don’t think so. I think my crowd would be more happy to see you than me. Just meet me for my set.” Kyle nods and kisses my cheek. I leave the guys, my face a shade of pink.

My signing lasts a few hours. Everybody is so friendly, and I’m glad to have met each of them. I even see most of the faces at my set today. I feel so at home at Warped. I’m surrounded by fantastic bands and such wonderful fans.

I don’t stick around long after my set. I want to meet the fans, but Kyle is here with me. I’d like to talk to him. I blow kisses to my fans, yell that I love them, and walk out with Kyle. He grabs my hand with his. Our hands swing back and forth as we walk. “You sounded great, Morganne.” Kyle smiles.

“Thanks, Kyle.” It’s quiet as we walk, but in a comfortable way. Our silence isn’t awkward. We just walk together, lost in our thoughts. I get more nervous as we walk because I know I need to ask him about his past relationships. His display of affection towards me is nice. I’m glad that outside our bunks, he’s wanting to let the world know he likes me. I’m still nervous, though. I haven’t known Kyle while he dated other people, and he could be like this towards other girls, fling or not.

I guess I was showing some sort of tension, because Kyle talks, snapping me out of my thoughts. “What’s on your mind?”

“I don’t know,” I sigh. “I don’t want to say it.”

“Don’t worry about it. I don’t get offended easily.”

I offer him a small smile. His reassurance makes me feel a little better, but not much. People say things won’t bother them, but end up bothered. “Okay... Well, I’ve heard a lot of rumors. I don’t know if I should believe them or not, but I wanted to talk to you about them first. I don’t usually believe hearsay, Kyle. I promise. But I do want to ask about them.”

Kyle nods. He doesn’t look surprised I’m asking. “What did you hear?”

“It sounds kind of crazy, and I’m so sorry to ask. But I’ve heard that you’re not a relationship person, at all. You just kind of hook up and leave.” I put my free hand up to my cheeks to prevent Kyle from seeing them change color. “I just don’t know what you’re expecting from me. I guess I want to know where we stand?” I feel so awkward. Where we stand? I hardly even know him. He probably thinks I’m overly attached.

“I’m not going to lie, what you’ve heard is true. I’ve been in relationships, but very few. I’ve always been drawn to one night stands because it’s easy. I’m a touring musician, so I’d be in long distance relationships. I don’t know if you’ve tried it, but long distance is really hard work. Meeting a girl and having her for only one night is so much easier.” He lets out a deep sigh before continuing. “I’ve made bad decisions. Clearly, because you heard my bad reputation. I don’t really like having feelings for people. It’s really hard for me to get used to. But I like you, Morganne. I really do. I like everything I’ve seen so far. I wouldn’t try to invest time in you if I wasn’t genuinely interested. We’re on the same bus. That’d be so stressful to live a few months with a person for it not to work out.”

I smile, so satisfied with his answer. What he’s saying makes complete sense. I’ve been in relationships that haven’t survived tours. Distance is a stressor, and not a lot of people can deal with it. “I like you, too, Kyle. I’m sorry I had to ask.”

He stops walking. I turn to face him. I look into his brown eyes and give him an awkward smile. “I’m glad you asked. I’m glad we got this out of the way. I want you to trust me.”

“I do trust you,” I promise him.

He smiles the biggest smile I’ve seen from him. “You don’t know how glad I am to hear that.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it's a short chapter, but the next one will be longer