Lessons Learned I

Lee 014

Alex and I were wandering around the campus, talking.

"What's up, yo?" Alex asked, throwing his gray messenger bag over his shoulder. He put his hood up after realizing it was sprinkling a little rain.

"Tired of all this damn math homework. Every time I turn around there's some retarded test coming up. It's like...my God, ya know?"

"Pfft, it only gets harder in your second year. What are you majoring in?"

"Writing and communications."

"Ahh, sweet. I'm in communications, too. Maybe if you work hard enough we'll be in the same class next year."

"That'd be cool. We'll sit there and cause mischief."

He smiled a little, then turned his attention toward a dude with black hair. It was that weird Adam guy.

"That guy gives me the creeps," Alex whispered.

"Same here," I mumbled. Adam approached us.

"Sup?" he asked.

"Nothing, yo," said Alex. Adam gave him a weird look.

"Right... Have you seen Rachel?"

"Nope," we both said at the same time.

"Oh. You haven't seen her at all today, Lee? I mean...you two share a room."

"She usually leaves before I do. I'm a lazy-ass and won't get out of bed until about five minutes before classes start," I said quickly.

I think he's stalking her.

"Oh. Huh, you are lazy," he mumbled in a not-caring voice. "Alex, you two hang out all the time."

"Yeah, but she's been busy buzzing around the campus with her giant bag of books. Lot of cramming and stuff. Best to leave her alone to study."

"I could help."

"She's not too big into that. Bull-headed ya know," he mumbled.

"Oh. Right," Adam mumbled.

"Yeah... Uhh, we have some homework to do. See ya," I said, walking behind Alex and pushing him away.

"Yeah, see ya," Alex said quickly. Adam stared at us strangly before walking off.

"He's weird," I mumbled.

"I know. He could be a stalker. He's kind of got that vibe, ya know?"

"Yeah."

We went back to mine and Rachel's dorm and opened our damn books and studied until Rachel got back.