Lessons Learned I

Lee 017

For whatever reason, Alex and I met up at the restaurant Rachel and Adam were having dinner at.

"I can't believe you talked me into spying on them," I mumbled.

"I just don't trust the guy," Alex whispered.

We hid under an empty table that was close to theirs. We could hear and see them perfectly.

"Hopefully we won't get caught..." I mumbled.

"Nah," he whispered.

Rachel was looking down while sighing. I saw Adam looking some chick up.

"What the?" I mumbled.

"Is that bastard looking some girl up?" Alex whispered.

"He must be..."

Adam looked over at Rachel and smiled a little.

"So, how was your day?"

Poor Rachie looked a little hurt.

"Fine," she said.

I looked over at Alex, who looked like he was going to punch Adam.

"Oh. My day's been pretty good. Hopefully our food arrives soon, I'm starving."

Self-absorbed prick...

She looked pissed off by that time.

"Good for you," she said in a harsh voice. Adam backed off.

"Sup with you?"

"What do you think, you asshole?" Alex mumbled.

"Nothing," was her response.

"Oh, something just seemed wrong..."

"Of course something is wrong, you idiot," I whispered harshly.

"Can I go punch him?" Alex whispered.

"No. Are you insane?!"

"No. Everything's just peachy perfect," she mumbled bitterly. Adam merely shrugged.

"Kay, just wondering..."

The waiter walked over with their food. Alex and I watched them closely. After the waiter left, Adam started pigging out.

Ew!

Rachel set her food aside and watched Adam get food all over the place. I looked over at Alex, who was giving Adam a disgusted look.

"Dude, I can hear him eating from all the way over here...and we're ten feet away!"

"I know," I whispered.

She continued to stare at him. Adam turned toward her with a mouth full of food.

"You got a napkin?" he splattered a little pasta on her face.

Alex turned the other way and gagged quietly. I cringed while staring at them. Adam wiped his mouth off while staring at her.

Rachel closed her eyes for a couple seconds, then picked up a napkin and wiped her face off. She threw the napkin at him.

"Knock yourself out."

"Thanks," he spat, then wiped his mouth off. He stared at a woman that walked by. She had an ass bigger than the moon.

She cringed. She had a disgusted look on her face.

"I'll be right back..." I mumbled, getting up from under the table.

"Lee, don't!" Alex exclaimed. I looked back at him.

"Leave. Go outside and wait, okay?"

"Alright..." he got up and hurried away. I walked over toward Rachel and Adam's table.

"Sup, yo?" I said, resting my hands on it.

Adam glared up at me.

"Uhh...do ya mind?" he spat. A string of pasta landed on my cheek. I cringed a little before peeling it off and flicking it on his head.

"No," I spat in his face. "Do you?"

He glared at me. I looked at Rachel. She got up.

"I'm out of here." She walked outside. Adam sat there looking baffled. I hurried outside where she and Alex were.

"Rach, are you okay?" Alex asked her.

She looked at the both of us.

"What are you guys doing here, anyway?"

Alex sighed and looked at Rachel.

"I don't trust Adam. I have a weird feeling about him."

"So do I. He's nasty!" She looked at the door and shuddered.

"No kidding," Alex mumbled.

"You know...since it's Friday and all, maybe we can order pizza and watch a movie or something at our dorm?" I suggested.

Rachel just sighed.

Something's off about Adam...