Lessons Learned I

Lee 002

I shut the door to mine and Rachel's dorm, feeling rather exhausted from that day's schedule.
Class was finished for the day, but I had a lot of work to get done by that Friday. Since it was only Wednesday
I had some time.

My assignment was for music; I had to put together a piece on the piano, which would take more time than I'd like.

Just as long as I don't copy Broch or Beethoven I guess things'll work out...

I was walking down the halls, not even paying attention when I ran right into someone.
About a dozen papers fell to the floor.

Damn klutz.

"I am so sorry," I said, bending down to pick them up.

"It's all right," came some dude's voice. I looked up at him.

Hubba, hubba.

The guy was really cute. Or, so I thought... He had brown hair and big, green eyes. He was tall -- probably five-ten or something. He was wearing tan cargo pants, blue Converse shoes and a red and white ringer tshirt. His hair was really wavyish and messy, which stuck up a little in the back. He wore an earring in his left ear.

He bent down as well to pick up a few papers. I handed about eight of them to him. He smiled a little.

Damn, he's got a nice smile.

"I'm Lee," I said like an idiot, staring into his piercing green eyes.

He chuckled a little.

"I'm Joseph. I've never seen you around here before, are you new?"

"Yeah. How long have you been going to school here?"

"This is my second year. What are you going for?"

"Writing and communications. Yourself?"

"Music."

Ohh, he's good with his hands...

"That's awesome," I smiled at him. He returned it.

"I'd better go. I guess I'll see you around?"

"Yeah. See ya."

"Bye, Lee." He got up and walked away.

I stood up and leaned against the wall, watching him walk off.

Thank you, Lord, for making such beautiful creatures such as the man...