Lessons Learned I

Rachel 046

Adam and I somehow got in the same biology class, either because I was ahead or he was slacking. Either way, we somehow got teamed up to work on a project together.

We were looking at a freaking spawn under a microscope.

I stared at it with a grossed out look on my face. "What are we supposed to do with it?" I questioned.

"I don't know, I wasn't paying too much attention..." Adam mumbled, giving it a grossed out look as well.

He smells really good... I noted mentally. Not Alex-good, but still really good...

I tore my eyes away from the microscope and looked at Adam. "Well...should we, like...change the slide thing or something?"

"Yeah," he said, smiling a little.

I shrugged and switched to the next slide thing.

"You take a look first. You're braver than I am," I said, smiling a little.

He shrugged and looked, then cringed. "EW! It's some kind of bacterium."

"Ew! Is it alive?!" I asked like a stupid nutcase.

"Of course it is, silly," he said, sounding a little...flirty.

I rolled my eyes a little at him. "Shut up, Adam," I said in a teasing tone.

He gave me a ... flirty smile.

I looked down in the microscope thing. "Ew. This looks like one of those things from that one show...those Powder Puff things..."

He laughed really hard. "Powder Puff?"

I raised up. "Yeah! Surely you've seen that cartoon on Cartoon Network. Those little amoeba things...yeah..."

"Is it where they fly around and go to that school?"

I giggled. "Yeah, that's the one."

"Ah, that's the show my cousin watches all the time then..." He put in a different slide and stared down at it through the microscope. "Might wanna check this one out, Rach, it looks like a coffee bean."

I looked in the microscope. "Ew! It looks like bird crap!" I paused. "That's probably what it is..."

He laughed. "Do you find the bird crap...amusing?"

"No. In fact, I don't," I said, leaning back up. "Do you?"

"No."

I raised my eyebrow.

"So... How are you doing today, Miss Rachel?" He looked at another slide.

I took a look at it through the other microscope. "'Miss' Rachel?" I questioned.

"Yeah. If you prefer 'Madam' Rachel..." he said in a teasing tone.

I laughed. "What am I supposed to call you? Sir Adam?" I laughed at the sound of it.

He laughed. "Sounds like a fatass from the Medival times."

I began cracking up. "I think I'll just stick to Adam..." I mumbled, smiling while looking down at the next slide.

"I always found my name annoying."

"Aw, why is that? Adam's one of my favorite guy names."

"There were five guys named Adam in my class."

I raised up and looked at him. "Wow. Too common for your taste?"

"Yeah. Surely you've been around some Rachels before. It's really common where I'm from."

"Really? I've only met one other Rachel my whole life. Well, school-wise, that is. Back in fourth grade."

"What's she like?"

"Drug-dealer now," I said plainly.

He raised his eyebrows. "Whoa..."

I laughed and changed the slide. "I know."

"So... If you're not too busy tonight...do you wanna go out for dinner?"

I raised up and looked at him, smiling a little. "I'd like that," I said in a soft voice.

He returned my smile as his look softened.

Our biology teacher walked over and slapped our table with the stick she always carried around. "Break up the love fest, children, we're supposed to be studying the wonders of frog spawn!" she said with enthusiasm.

Everyone in the class groaned.

I looked down and turned red, letting a small smile form on my lips.

Though that stick almost gave me a heart attack...

I glanced over at Adam, who was taking notes.

I sighed and looked through the microscope thing again.