A Single Moment of Sincerity

Why'd You Tell Me Everything Was Fine?

One day after having the same old fight with your parents about what a fuck-up you are you run to Danny’s house to try and clear your head.

Without knocking you burst through the door to his house.

“Danny, I need you my parents and I---”

You’re cut off by the sight of Ben sitting on the couch, he looks up surprised to see you

Suddenly your cheeks get hot and embarrassed by your appearance you quickly wipe the tears from your eyes and look down at the floor.

“Uh, where’s Danny?” you manage to stammer out.

“He just left for the store - are you okay?” his voice is soft, almost pleading. It’s a welcome change from the all of the yelling you’ve just endured.

“I-I don’t know, I didn’t know where else to go. My parents and I are fighting again, i’m sorry I should go. Just tell Danny to call me okay?”

“No, no! You don’t have to go, come here. Talk to me, please.” He practically shouts it as you turn to leave.

You turn to look back at him and you can’t help but to think how attractive he is. Especially when he’s being so sweet. It never occurred to you that he might care about anyone but himself - until now.

You decide it wouldn’t be so bad to stay for a little while. You walk over to sit by him on the couch, unable to take your eyes off of him. You can feel the butterflies flitting around your stomach the closer you get to him. To your dismay as soon as you sit down he stands and begins walking away.

“Where are you going?” you try sounding nonchalant but you know he could hear the worry in your voice.

He smiles at you. “Don’t worry, I’m just going to get you some water. I’ll be right back.”

You could just die, first you burst in here yelling and crying about your parents and now you’ve embarrassed yourself again. You place your face in your hands and try to relax. Before long Ben returns with your water, you gladly take it from him and have a few sips.

“Thank you, I feel better now. I just needed to get away from that house.”

“Bambina, I want you to know that you can always come to me. For whatever you need.” As he says this he gently tucks a piece of your hair behind your ear, looking you straight in the eyes.

“Ben, thank you. I didn’t know you cared so much.” as shocked as you are by this act of kindness you’re it is quite comforting. You start to think he means what he says, he does truly care about you.

“You know, i’ve actually had feelings for you for quite a while now. I’ve never been good at showing it but you’re really special to me.” Suddenly he slips your hands into his, stroking his thumbs back and forth over your fingers. “Will you be my girlfriend?”

Your jaw drops open as the words register, then you can’t help but smile. At a loss for words you simply nod yes. You watch as his eyes light up and he mirrors your smile. He leans in close to you planting a soft kiss on your lips.

Well, this day certainly turned out better than you thought it would.
♠ ♠ ♠
Leave feedback on my blog please! :)

breathing-architecture.tumblr.com