Broken Branches

Prolouge Part Two

Freya Michaels had never heard of the rule about never meeting the witch. If anything she wanted to meet the witch. She had heard about her powers and got the idea in her head that maybe she could help her with her little.... Problem.

You see, Freya wasn't always a human. Well, she still wasn't even though she looked like one. She was born a mermaid, deep under the waters of the North Atlantic ocean and just as she turned 13 a war broke put between her clan and a neighboring one. It was horrible and her parents decided it would be best for her older brother and her to escape to the surface until things calmed down. That had been five years ago and during her time on land, she hadn't expected to fall in love. But the thing about the mer people was that they didn't speak normally like you and I. They knew English and the other languages of the humans yes, but when they weren't in their human form they couldn't speak them. And Freya just so happened to have a human find her while she was in her true form. But instead of this human, who she later found out was named Aaron, yell or capture her when he found her. He simply sat down and began talking with her like it was any normal day. At first she cautious of him, using sign language to speak and only giving short sentences in repy to whatever he said. But she slowly began to trust him and they fell in love. They had first met a few weeks after she had come to the surface, and they dated a few months later after they had first became friends.

Now the reason she was seeking the witch was because he had met her in her true form first, she couldn't turn into her human form in fear she would turn into sea foam. It was a well known fact you could reveal oneself to a human, that human had to put the pieces together and figure it out or themselves. And after five years of Aaron trying to figure out who she was as a human, he was still searching for her. But the horrible part was that Aaron was close friends with Freya's brother Jack. And some may think that Aaron was stupid for not realizing Freya had the same name in both forms. But she didn't her real name given to her by her parents when she was born was Lilly. She had changed her name when she took human form as a way for a new start but when she had met Aaron gave him her real name because of the whole fear of turning into foam.

So that was why she needed the witch. To somehow find a way around the curse of turning into foam if she told Aaron who she really was. But she never realized what was in store for her on her journey and all the strange people she would meet along the way.
♠ ♠ ♠
Little intro on Freya. Her story has been an idea of mine since freashmen year if high school. And now six years later its finally happening... Yeahy!

Hope you guys are liking this so far! And thanks to our first subscriber! <3