‹ Prequel: Be With You

(You Drive Me) Crazy

Part Four

Tell Me, You're so into me, That i'm the only one you will see. Tell me, i'm not in the blue, That i'm not wasting, my feelings on you.

~*~*~


The girls arrived at Consol and headed towards their seats. Jordyn and Vaughn stopped for beers and they continued on. They reached their seats, a few rows up in the end behind the net.

“Great seats,” Vaughn,” Quinn remarked.

“Nice jersey,” Vaughn teased. Quinn smiled.

"Don't be jealous that the Russian loves me better than you," she replied, smoothing down the front of his Penguin's jersey. "You already have the hottie hot Frenchman."

Vaughn giggled and Piper passed her a Hurricanes jersey just as the teams skated out for warm ups. "You'll want this," Piper said.

"Why? I don't even like the Hurri-OH MY GOD!" Quinn let out a high pitched scream and jumped to her feet, knocking Jordyn's beer from her hand in the process. "That's my boyfriend!" She yelled. "That's my Chuckie!!!" She squealed and clapped her hands, jumping up and down excitedly.

"You just spilled my beer all over the people in front of us," Jordyn said.

"Oh hell!" Quinn sat down and leaned forward. "I am so sorry. It's just, that's my boyfriend and no one told me he got called up." The woman turned and the color drained from Quinn's face. "Hi, Joan. How are you?" She squeaked out.

The woman managed a tight smile and Richard stood pulling Quinn to her feet and hugging her. "He didn't tell you, eh?"

"Total surprise," Quinn answered. Joan glared at her and stared pointedly at Quinn's chest. She looked down at the Penguins jersey she was wearing and tore it over her head. She grinned sheepishly. "So how are y'all?"

Richard chuckled. "Joan's been better."

"I'm sorry, Joan. I got excited."

"At least we know who Chuckie's number one fan is," Jordyn said, nudging Quinn in the side.

"This is Jordyn, and Piper, and our friend Vaughn. These are Zach's parents." Piper's mouth fell open and Quinn could tell Jordyn was biting back a laugh.

"I'm sorry but did you say parents?" Vaughn asked.

"Yes," Quinn admitted quietly.

"Oh girl, you are so screwed."

"Thanks Vaughn. Um, do you want to wear his jersey, Joan?" She held it out to her. Luckily, Quinn was wearing her Boychuk Charlotte Checkers shirsey underneath.

"Thank you, Quinn," she answered, taking the jersey from her. She saw Zach look up towards them and the smile in his face turned into a puzzled expression when he saw his mom in his Hurricanes jersey. Quinn shrugged and smiled at him before blowing him a kiss.

At the end of the game, Quinn followed Zach's parents to wait for Zach. Zach stepped out of the locker room hugging his parents. Quinn waited to the side. They chatted for a few minutes, Joan saying something to him as she shot a cold look over her shoulder at Quinn. She flinched from the look. They said their goodbyes and headed out of the arena.

Zach turned to Quinn, picking her up in a hug and kissing her.
"Baby!" Quinn squealed. "Why didn't you tell me?"

"I wanted to surprise you. I found out this morning. Why is my mom wearing my jersey?"

Quinn blushed. "I uh spilled a beer on your mom."

Zach began to laugh and doubled over as the laughter shook his body. "You spilled a beer on my mom?"

"It's not funny. I got so excited when I saw you that when I jumped up screaming, I knocked Jordyn's beer out of her hands and all over your mom."

"So that girly screaming was you then?"

"Of course it was me. Everyone around us knew you are my boyfriend."

"I love you, Quinn. Even if you did spill a beer on my mom."

"I love you, Zach." He pulled her to him and kissed her, leaning against the wall as they made out until Justin cleared her throat behind them.

"If I knew scoring a goal got me a kiss like that, I'd work on getting one too," he teased.

Quinn punched him lightly in the arm. "You knew, didn't you?"

"Of course I knew."

"Who else?"

"Zac and Piper."

"So Jordyn and Vaughn by default," Quinn speculated.

"And Sid," Jordyn added as she and Piper walked up.

"Son of a bitch! That's why he has my phone!"

"You suck, Crosby!" Quinn announced as she crossed the bar. She punched him in the arm. "I can't believe you helped them! I thought we were friends!"

Sidney grinned. "We are, that's why I helped," he replied, pulling her into a hug. "And it was worth it to see that smile on your face right now." Quinn blushed.

"Sid, this is Zach. Zach, Sid." They shook hands. "And that's James and Geno," Quinn pointed. "This is my boyfriend, Zach."

"Nice to meet you guys," Zach said.

"Winner buys first round," James said. "Right guys?" They nodded in agreement.

"Yeah, sure. I'll be right back," he replied giving Quinn a quick kiss before heading for the bar.

"Be nice or we can't be friends," Quinn said to James.

"I am being nice. Winner always buys the first round. We're just not usually the losers in the scenario." Quinn shook her head at him.

"We dance," Geno said, walking over and putting an arm around Quinn's waist, nudging her towards the dance floor.

"Lead on, Geno," Quinn laughed.

"Where's Quinn?" Zach asked, setting beers down around the table when he returned several minutes later.

"Dancing with Geno," Sidney answered.

He looked out at the crowded dance floor and spotted Quinn with Geno. He leaned close to talk in her ear and held her at her waist against him. Quinn's smile went ear to ear. Zach frowned and turned away. He spotted Justin, Piper and Zac approaching and walked over to them.

"What's wrong, Zach?" Piper asked, catching his arm.

"Nothing. I'm fine."

"Where's Quinn?"

"Dancing," he answered with a jerk of his head toward the dance floor before stalking away.

"I'll be back," Justin said to Piper and Zac. He walked out to the dance floor and picked his way through the crowd. When he reached Quinn, he grabbed her around the waist and spun her away from Geno. "Mind if I cut in? No? Great! Thanks!" He steered her away from Geno.

"Justin! What the hell?"

"Your boyfriend is pissed and I suspect it's because of Malkin. You might want to find him and talk to him."

"Are you serious? I told him everything about me hanging out with these guys!"

"Have you not noticed that Malkin has a thing for you?"

"He does not."

"Yes he does. Now go find Chuckie and tell him you love him."

"Go find Jordyn and tell her you love her," Quinn retorted.

"Quinn, this isn't the time or the place."

"When is it then? Because if you don't say something, you're going to lose her. Just look." She spun him around and he was face to face with Jordyn and Sidney kissing in the middle of the dance floor. Quinn walked away from him and he stared at Jordyn and Sidney.

"There you are," Quinn said, finding Zach outside on the patio. She sat down beside him and squeezed his shoulder. He shrugged her hand away. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing," Zach replied.

"What the hell, Zach? Are you mad about Geno? Because we're just friends."

"You sure about that?"

"You think I'm cheating on you?"

"I'm not sure what I think right now. I thought you were just friends with these guys but now I'm beginning to doubt that. Because it was Geno's jersey you were wearing tonight."

"Because I didn't know you were playing! I was still repping for you in my shirsey!"

"You told your friends tonight that he loved you!"

"I-" Quinn faltered, trying to remember what she had said to the other girls. She froze. "Your mom. She told you that. She takes everything out of context. I was joking with Vaughn and again, I didn't know you were playing! Did she tell you how excited I was when I saw you? That I totally fan girled for you? That I told everyone around me that you were my Chuckie, my boyfriend? No, I bet she didn't. Just that I was swooning over the Russian. Except I wasn't. I was swooning over you, my boyfriend, and how proud I was of you."

"You didn't wear my jersey."

"I spilled beer on your mom! I thought it was better of me to offer her something not covered in beer to wear, even though I wanted that jersey for myself."

"You were flirting with him."

"I flirt with everyone."

"Yeah, I know. It kind of sucks when your girlfriend is off making eyes at everyone but you."

"Screw you Zach! I love you. I only have eyes for you and you know it. I'm sorry that I'm a flirt but you knew that when you met me. If I wasn't a flirt, you wouldn't have me!" She stood up and pushed her way inside. She grabbed her purse and shoved through the mass of bodies to get outside.

"Quinn!" Kris called out, jogging to catch her. "Are you okay?" She turned to Kris, his smile warm and friendly and her face crumpled and she let the tears come.

"He hates me!" She sobbed out.

"Ah, hell," Kris said, hugging Quinn and letting her cry into his chest. He sent a text to James who turned up outside with Justin minutes later.

"Come here, Quinn," Justin said. She sniffled and let herself be enveloped in Justin's hold.

"Let me drive you to your hotel," James said.

"Thank you," Justin said. "Come on, Quinn. Lets go talk, okay?" She nodded mutely and he shrugged out of his suit jacket and wrapped it around her shoulders. He guided her as he followed James to his car. He settled Quinn into the backseat and then got into the passenger seat.

"You okay?" He asked as James walked around the car.

"He hates me."

Justin reached back and squeezed Quinn's hand as James got in and started the car. "He doesn't hate you, Quinn. He's jealous."

"He's stupid," Quinn replied.

"We're guys. Are we anything but stupid?" James added.

James dropped them at the hotel, climbing out of the car to give Quinn a hug. He whispered to her and Quinn nodded. James kissed the top of her head and passed her to Justin. He put an arm around her shoulders, tucking her safely to his side and went into the hotel restaurant. It was quiet and they got a table with no trouble.

"Dessert?" Justin suggested.

Quinn smiled weakly. "Do they have cheesecake?"

"Lets find out." He signaled for the waitress and she walked over with a bright smile. "We need cheesecake," Justin told her.

She nodded. "Cherries on top?"

"Do you have strawberries?"

"Yes."

"Two slices then." She nodded and walked away.

"You remembered," Quinn said.

Justin grinned. "How could I forget that my bestie likes her cheesecake with strawberries on top?" he teased. Quinn smiled weakly. "Tell me what happened."

"I went and talked to Zach, like you told me too. We had a fight and he basically accused me of cheating on him."

"I'm sure that's not what he meant, Quinn."

"He listened to his mom! I knew she told him something after the game. He knows she hates me but he took her side, without asking me!"

The waitress set the cheesecake on the table. When she was out of ear shot, Justin spoke. "Zach loves you, simple as that. He's got his panties in a twist but he'll get over it."

Thirty minutes later, Piper walked over to Vaughn with Zac in tow. "Have you seen Quinn? And Zach?"

"Quinn left," Vaughn replied.

"They couldn't wait, could they?"

Vaughn smiled sadly. "I think she had a fight with Zach. She ran out of here crying."

"What?! Quinn cried? Are you sure?"

"Oui, she cried," Kris said. "I was with her."

Piper spotted Zach then and she walked right up to him, slugging him hard in his arm. "Ow! What the fuck Piper?"

"You made her cry! Quinn doesn't cry! What the fuck did you say to her?"

Zach froze. "She cried?"

"Fucking asshole!" Piper punched him again.

"Shit, Piper! Ow! Stop," he said as she punched him again.

"Piper! What's gotten into you?" Jordyn demanded, drawing her away from Zach.

"He made Quinn cry!" Piper exclaimed.

"You did what, Boychuk?" Jordyn asked harshly. She let go of Piper and both women stared him down, arms folded across their chests.

"What you do to Quinn?" Geno demanded, storming over and joining Piper and Jordyn. "She nice girl, shouldn't cry over guy."

Zach scowled. "Of course you're coming to her rescue."

The lightbulb went off in Jordyn's head. "Your jealous!" Jordyn cried out. "You're fucking jealous of Geno! You're a fucking moron Boychuk! That girl wouldn't leave you for anyone. You weren't even on her radar and you still landed her! She's so god damn head over heels in love with you and you, you're fucking it all up. Over something petty!"

Sidney walked up and laid a hand on Geno's shoulder. He said something in hushed tones to him and Geno nodded and turned and walked away. Sidney stepped between Piper and Jordyn. "Kris said Quinn ran out and broke down crying. James took her and Justin to the hotel. She thinks he hates her."

"See? You made her cry!" Piper exclaimed. "How could you do that?"

"You suck Boychuk," Jordyn said. "What did you say? If she thinks you hate her, it must have been pretty shitty."

"He accused her of cheating on him," James said, stalking up and jabbing a finger in Zach's chest. "You accused your girlfriend, who even I heard screaming at the top of her lungs for you all night, of cheating on you because she has guy friends. You don't deserve her.

"You think she'd cheat on you? God, you're even stupider than I thought. I hope you know that there's no easy way to fix this," Jordyn said.

"To be perfectly honest, I don't know if you ought to have the fucking chance to fix it," Piper added. "That was a serious dick move."

"Shit Piper. What the hell is in the water in Raleigh? I love this side of you," Jordyn said. Zac drew Piper into his arms and kissed her hard. "Obviously Dalps likes it too."

"Fuck," Zach swore as everyone stared at him coldly.

Quinn followed Justin onto the elevator to his room. He let her in and rummaged through his bag. "Ah-ha!" He exclaimed in triumph. He handed Quinn the hooded sweatshirt. "That'll keep you warmer than the jacket." She laid the suit jacket on his bed and took the sweatshirt, slipping it over her head.

"Thanks."

Justin smiled and hugged her. "No problem. So what's the plan?"

"I don't have a plan. Zach hates me."

"He doesn't hate you. And you're staying here tonight."

"Then he'll really hate me."

"Naw. I'll set him straight."

"You shouldn't stick your neck out for me."

"Of course I should. You've been doing the same thing for me with Jordyn. Plus Zach is obviously an idiot. Even a blind man could see how much you care about him."

"Thanks Justin." She stood on tiptoe and kissed his cheek before hugging him.

"Anytime, Quinn."

Piper and Jordyn were up early the next morning and at the hotel where the Hurricanes were staying. They met Justin and Zac in the lobby. They passed Zach and both girls shot him death glares. He followed them quietly. Justin let Piper, Jordyn, and Zac into his room. He stopped Zach with a hand to his chest.

"Come on, Peters. Just let me talk to her," Zach begged.

"Do you know she cried for over an hour? An hour, Zach! And again this morning."

"She stayed with you?"

"Don't go getting jealous over that too. I slept over the covers and she slept under them. She didn't even want to stay but I made her. She was upset." Zach frowned. "I don't get it, Zach. You know she loves you. Why would you say what you did?"

Zach sighed. "Because I'm an idiot. A stupid fucking idiot. I let my mom plant the doubt and then my paranoia took over. Jesus. I fucked up, didn't I?"

"Yeah, you did," Justin said. "And getting Piper and Jordyn back on your side is going to be a tough sell. Do you not remember how they were to Dalpe?"

Zach cringed. "Fuck. Look, I want to fix this. Will you call me, if she'll talk to me?"

"It's her choice. I'm not going to push her."

"I know. Dude, you gotta talk to Jordyn. Don't lose her too."

Piper, Jordyn and Quinn huddled on the end of the bed. Jordyn looked up at Justin when he walked in and stood up. He smiled at her. "Thanks for looking out for her last night. I'm glad you two are friends."

Justin took her hand in his. "Jordyn, we need to talk, please."
She leaned into him and kissed him. She smiled as she pulled away from her. He wrapped an arm around her and pulled her in for another kiss. "I'm sorry I acted all crazy," Jordyn said.

"I'm sorry too."

"I kissed Flower, made out with Sidney, and Jordan Staal kissed me."

"We were broke up."

"That's it?"

"That's it. Nothing I can do about it now."

"That's very diplomatic of you."

"So we can go back to before?"

"If you'll still have me, we can go back."

"Fuck yes I will!" Justin exclaimed.

"Are you two back on?" Quinn asked.

"Yeah, we're back on," Jordyn said.

She clapped. "Can we go get cheesecake now?"

"Cheesecake?" Zac asked. "It's 8 in the morning."

"Comfort food," Justin and Jordyn answered.

Two weeks later, Justin and Zach were both back in Charlotte. Jordyn and Justin were just being seated for dinner out when Jordyn spotted Zach at nearby table. They listened as Zach's voice began to rise before he finally stormed out of the restaurant.

Justin and Jordyn stared at each other. "I gotta call Quinn," Jordyn said. Justin nodded and she picked up her phone and dialed.

"What's up Jordyn?" Quinn asked in greeting.

"You need to call Chuckie."

"I'm sorry, what?"

"Quinn, you've got to trust me. Call him. Right now."

The phone dinged in her ear and Quinn pulled it away to see the incoming text from Justin.

Call him!

"Where are you two?" Quinn asked Jordyn.

"Dinner. Quinn, you have to call him."

"Give me the phone," Justin said, reaching across the table and wrangling the phone away from Jordyn. "Quinn, he just told off his mom, in the middle of a restaurant."

"He did what?!" She screeched.

"Ow, my ear!" Justin whined.

"Sorry. He told off his mom?"

"Yeah he did."

Jordyn snatched the phone back. "He loves you, Quinn. The whole restaurant heard him."

Zach slammed the door to his car and stalked towards the elevators to his apartment. The doors opened on his floor and he slipped his key in the lock and went inside, shutting the door hard behind him. He walked into the kitchen and stopped. Quinn sat on his kitchen counter. "Hey," she said softly. "I uh, still have my key." She held it out to him and he walked towards her, taking it from her hand.

"What are you doing here?"

She shrugged her shoulders. "Would you believe that I just wanted to return your key?"

"No. What if I was on a date?"

"You wouldn't."

"I could."

"You won't."

"Why not?"

"You love me." She held his gaze with a small smile. "Jordyn says you just told a whole restaurant that you love me."

"She was there?"

"Justin too." She hopped down and walked towards him. "Wanna tell me what happened with your mom?"

"I told her that she got her wish, that we weren't together. She was pretty happy about it, wanted to know if you had moved to Pittsburgh for the Russian."

"She really does not have a very high opinion of me."

"No she doesn't. But I told her she should. I told her that I loved you but that I fucked it up because she'll say anything that she thinks might get me to break up with you and she played me in Pittsburgh. She knew which buttons to push, which emotions to trigger. And she succeeded because you won't talk to me."

"I'm talking to you now."

"Why?"

"Jordyn and Justin said I needed to call you. I wanted to hear it from you in person though. You really told your mom off, in a restaurant?"

"I really told my mom off. I told her that if she had anything to say about you that wasn't nice to keep it to herself. I told her that I want to spend my life with you and that sooner or later she'd have to accept you as a part of my life."

"Sooner or later?"

"Sooner?" Zach asked, putting an arm around her and drawing her close. "I miss how you fit perfectly. I miss you, Quinn. God this has been the worst two weeks of my life."

"I'm sorry your call up was short lived."

"It wasn't any fun when I knew you weren't cheering for me."

"I watched every game and yelled at the TV."

"Really?"

"Ask Jordyn."

"Your friends hate me."

"Yes they do. Geno wants to snap you like a twig."

"Yeah, I got that impression."

"You are a complete fuck up."

"Yes I am," Zach agreed. "You make me crazy in the best way. God I love you."

"I love you too, Chuckie. My Chuckie," Quinn whispered into his neck.

"I heard you in Pittsburgh."

"Was I really that loud?" Quinn blushed.

"You were really that loud. But I loved it every time I heard you squealing 'my Chuckie'."

"I don't think your mom did."

"Fuck her."

"She's still your mom, Zach."

"Wanna have some fun at her expense?"

Quinn giggled. "I know I should say no but what do you have in mind?"

Quinn clutched Zach's hand as he swung the door open to his apartment the next night. "Hey dad, mom," Zach smiled broadly.

"Quinn, it's very nice to see you," Richard said, hugging her.

"Hi, Richard. How are you?"

"I'm good. What smells so delicious?"

Quinn smiled. "Dessert. I wanted to bake for y'all." She turned to Joan as Zach closed the door. "Hello Joan," she said brightly.

"Quinn," she replied tightly.

Quinn walked back into the kitchen to check on dinner. "Did you cook also, Quinn?" Richard asked.

"Yes sir. Someone's got to look after Zach. Lord knows he can't fend for himself in the kitchen."

Richard chuckled as Zach wrapped his arms around Quinn, kissing her shoulder. "I love you," he whispered in her ear.

She leaned back into him, tilting her head towards his shoulder. He brushed his lips across hers and Quinn turned in his arms, locking her arms around his neck and deepening their kiss. "Love you, Chuckie."

"Your Chuckie."

"My Chuckie."

"We have news," Zach said, taking Quinn's hand. "Obviously Quinn and I worked things out and are back together. She came over last night and we talked about everything. We want to be together and...I proposed. She said yes."

"What?!" Joan screeched. "You're engaged?!" Quinn held her left hand out to Joan to show off the large square cut ruby set in a row of black and white diamonds. "It's....unique."

Quinn smiled and kissed Zach again. "Well, it was hockey that brought us together so I figured my ring should reflect that."
"It was Quinn's idea to get my teams color," Zach said.

"And if he plays anywhere else, we'll just get a new ring," Quinn giggled.

Joan blanched. "Are you out of your mind?!" She yelled. "She's a puck bunny, a gold digger! I heard you, I heard you about that NHL player in Pittsburgh!" She pointed her finger at Quinn accusingly.

"Mom!" Zach said sharply. "Sit down."

"Come on, Joan," Richard said, leading her over to the couch. Richard sat on one side of Joan and Zach the other. Zach pulled Quinn down beside him and she turned sideways to squeeze into the space at his side. He held her hand and kissed her cheek.

"Quinn is not a gold digger and she's not a puck bunny. She is my girlfriend though and you've got to let it go. We've been together for almost six months. I love her and I know she loves me."

"I'm with Zach becauses he's Zach. Not because he plays hockey," Quinn said to Joan. "He would've captured my heart regardless of what he does. I know you don't believe me but its true."

"I believe you Quinn," Richard said. "I see how happy that you make Zach. And I can see how happy he makes you." He smiled and took Joan's hand in his. "They're in love, Joan. Don't you remember when we were young and first started dating? Look at your son. Look at the way he looks at her."

"We're not engaged," Quinn said softly.

"What?" Joan demanded.

"We're not engaged...yet," Zach said. Quinn blushed. "It was my idea and Quinn indulged me, mom. You need to understand that Quinn is it for me. I'm staying in Charlotte this summer."

"You are?" Quinn asked.

He turned to Quinn. "I am. You can't leave the nibble and I don't want to spend three months away from you. So I'm staying here. There's a former player in town who is also a personal trainer. He's going to work with me."

"Zach," Quinn whispered. She wrapped her arms around him and hugged him. "When did you decide this?"

"Before my call up. I just have to find a place to live."

"You can move in with me," Quinn told him softly.

"Are you sure?"

Quinn nodded. "Positive. I love you, Zach. Move in with me."

"Okay," he grinned. He scooped Quinn into his arms and stood up, hugging her to him. "Lets move in together." Quinn squealed as Zach twirled her in his arms. He set her down and held her close. "Any problems with that, mom?"

Joan sighed and stood up. "Quinn, I'm very sorry for treating you the way I have. I can see now just how happy you make Zach. I'm glad he has you." It wasn't entirely sincere but it was a start.

"Thank you," Quinn replied.

"Lets eat," Zach said. "I'm starving."

Zac and Piper packed the last of their things into their cars and locked the apartment door. They drove to the office and Zac ran inside to leave the keys. The playoffs loomed for the Checkers and with the Hurricanes mathematically eliminated from making the postseason, they had reassigned Zac to Charlotte. They stopped for lunch at their favorite place in Raleigh.

"So what are your plans for the summer?" Zac asked Piper.

"I just figured I'd be back at work at the nibble until..." She trailed off.

"Until what?"

Piper blushed. "Until you knew where you'd end up next season and then I'd move back to Raleigh with you."

Zac smiled. "So you do see me in your future."

"Well, yeah, of course I do. Do you...do you not see me?"

Zac reached across the table and held Piper's hand in his. "No, I see you too," he promised. "Would you maybe want to come home with me this summer? I really want you to meet my family."

"I would like that," Piper smiled.

"All summer?"

"How about we start with two weeks and see what happens? I already know I need to drive back here a few times to meet with Tanya and some of the other ladies about some charity stuff for next season."

"I'm glad you made some friends here."

"Me too. I can't lie though...I hope Zach or Justin or even both play here next year. I really want my girls here."

Piper, Jordyn, and Quinn walked down to their seats for the last regular season home game of the season. The girls giggled and waved to Vaughn and Brayden as they got closer.

"What took y'all so long? Warm ups are almost over," Brayden said.

"Save me!" Vaughn cried out. "She's been making eyes at Riley the whole warmup!" Brayden giggled as Riley skated past then.
"Hang on a second and Quinn will make eyes at Chuckie," Jordyn teased.

"Shut up," Quinn giggled, shoving her friend lightly.

"What are you two going to do this summer?" Vaughn asked. "I mean, I usually spend a month in Montreal with Kris but you own your own business and its just you guys. That's gotta make it harder."

Quinn smiled and caught Zach's eye as he skated by. They exchanged the same soft smile. He touched his heart and pointed at Quinn and she returned the gesture. "Zach and I are moving in together. He's staying in Charlotte for the summer, for me," she told them.

"Quinn!" Piper exclaimed. "That's so sweet! I love you two."

"Chuckie is moving in with us?"Jordyn asked. "Because you didn't ask me about that."

"Um, can Chuckie move in with us?"

"Yeah, sure. What do I care? I won't be home all summer."

"I'm sorry, what?!" Quinn exclaimed.

"I'm going to Ontario for the summer with Justin."

"What about the nibble?"

"You can handle the nibble. And I promoted Sally from part time to full time. And now you can put Chuckie to work."

"He is super cute in an apron."

"What about you and Dalps?" Jordyn asked Piper.

Piper blushed. "He wants me to go home with him, meet his family."

"Are you going?"

"For two weeks. Then we'll see."

Jordyn turned to Brayden expectantly. "What?" Brayden asked.

"You and Riley? Spill it."

"He's gonna come down to Texas with me for a few weeks. I can start training again soon. I'll probably spend a week with him in Canada but I've got a lot of work to go to get race ready again."

"I can't believe you started dating a hockey player," Quinn said.
"I can't believe I started dating someone you made out with."

"Thank god I met Zach. Otherwise I would've slept with him and that would've been just awkward." The girls giggled and began to chat amongst themselves.

At the end of the game, they moved over a section for the live jersey auction of the black third jerseys they had worn during the season for every Friday night home game. Justin was one of the first players to come out and Jordyn won his jersey easily. She walked down to claim it and Justin slipped it off with a grin.

"You could've just asked for one," he teased her.

"It's for a good cause," she answered with a smile. A staff member handed Justin a sharpie and he signed the back of the jersey before handing it to Jordyn. She wrinkled her nose. "Ugh, it smells horrible! You don't smell this bad when I work up a sweat with you. In fact, that's when I think you smell the best." Justin laughed as he headed back for the locker room and Jordyn walked back up the stairs. She sat back down with a smile.

Zac was up a few players later and the three friends cheered loudly for him. Jordyn let loose a wolf whistle and Zac blushed. Piper bid on his jersey against a family nearby and finally they withdrew. Piper grinned as she made her way down to pay for and claim her jersey. Justin walked back up to their spot with her. He leaned down and kissed Jordyn, sitting down behind her. Jordyn climbed over the row to sit beside him. Riley and Zac came up a few minutes later, with a few of the other players in tow, all dressed in their suits. Zac sat next to Piper and took her hand in his. He kissed her cheek.

Zach was the last player to come out. He had already showered and changed and wore his jersey over his suit. Quinn whistled and Zach winked at her. She went back and forth against another bidder, the price climbing. "I'm not going to let you win," she called out to the other bidder. Zach shook his head and motioned for the microphone.

"She's pretty relentless dude; I'd cut your losses and let her win," Zach said. The crowd laughed and Quinn grinned.

"A thousand dollars!" Quinn shouted.

"Sold!" The auctioneer called out as the other bidder backed out. Quinn climbed down to meet Zach. When she reached him, he was shaking his head.

"You're something else, you know that?"

"I know." He slipped the jersey off and handed it to a waiting staffer.

"Can I ask you something?"

"Shoot."

Zach took Quinn's hand in his. He kissed her knuckles and smiled before dropping to one knee. Quinn's eyes went wide and she was positive she heard Jordyn yell out 'oh shit'. Zach reached into his jacket and pulled out a ring box. He opened it as he spoke.

"Quinn Norris, I love you and I want to be engaged to you, for real this time. Please let me be your Chuckie forever. Will you marry me?"

"Chuckie..." she breathed, tears rolling down her cheeks. "Yes."

"Yes?"

"Yes!" She cried out happily. He stood and picked her up, kissing her as the crowd broke out in applause. They could hear his teammates yelling and calling out to them. Quinn blushed as Zach set her down and slipped the ring onto her finger. She smiled and leaned into him happily. He put his arm around her and just held her beside him. Piper and Jordyn clamored down the stairs as the crowd began to disperse. They pulled Quinn away from Zach and into a group hug. His teammates came down and offered their congratulations also.

Jordyn and Piper each hugged Zach before grabbing Quinn's hand to examine the ring. The rose gold ring had an oval cut diamond in the center of a pave setting of round, smaller diamonds that also ran along the band.

They giggled, heads bent close as they followed the guys out of the arena and walked to the bar. "I can't believe you're engaged!" Piper gushed.

"I can't believe Chuckie has good taste. That ring is perfectly you, Quinn," Jordyn said.

Quinn held her hand out in front of her and smiled. "He did good, huh?"

"Better than good," Piper promised. "I took pictures; I'm so glad I snuck in my camera."

"Can you believe those fools all knew and no one told us?" Jordyn complained.

"You know you're right," Quinn giggled. "I actually can't believe they kept it to themselves."

Justin came up behind them and picked Quinn up in a hug. "That's because these two definitely would've slipped and told you," he said, setting Quinn down and kissing her cheek. "Congratulations," he said to her.

"Thanks, Justin."

He slipped an arm around Jordyn and then grabbed for Piper, pulling the two girls away from Quinn under much protesting. "Hey," Zach whispered in Quinn's ear.

"Hey," she replied, swiveling to face him.

"Do you want to skip this maybe and go back to my place?"

"We should celebrate the end of the regular season and indulge before playoffs with your teammates."

"I just want you in my bed."

"Chuckie!" Quinn giggled, swatting his arm. "An hour, and then we'll go."

"You promise?"

"I promise." She grabbed his hand and pulled him along. "Come on!"

The team cheered as Zach and Quinn walked in and reached the tables they had claimed for themselves. She hugged her friends and some of the guys. She danced with several of them before heading back for a drink. She joined Vaughn, Brett, Zac and a few of the other guys.

Vaughn hugged her. "Kris says congratulations and that Geno is heartbroken."

"He'll survive," Quinn said.

"Don't be surprised if you have texts from Sid and James."

Quinn pulled her phone out and smiled, sending quick replies to both.

"You sure about this kid, Quinn?" Brett asked. "He's still a midget."

"Yeah, he's like four foot three," Zac added. "And he can't cook."

"He might be a midget but he's still got a better ass than you, Sutter," Quinn teased. "And thankfully for Chuckie, I can hold my own in the kitchen so your services will no longer be needed, Dalps."

"I can't believe you said yes," Justin Soryal pouted, slinging an arm around Quinn and muscling in beside her. "What about first loves? I thought they were forever."

Quinn laughed. "Sorry, Sorzy."

"Ok, it's been an hour," Zach announced walking up and pulling Quinn out from beside Justin. He swung her around and kissed her hard.

"Zach!" Quinn squealed as he grabbed her ass.

"We're leaving," he said to the table. "Tell everyone we said goodbye." He threw Quinn over his shoulder and she laughed.

"Bye!" Quinn called out.

Three months later....

Piper and Zac walked to their apartment a few days before training camp. They were confident Zac would make the team and had already leased a place together for the season in Raleigh.

They had already unpacked and had just come back from lunch. Quinn called out from across the parking lot and they waved as she rushed over to hug Piper. They laughed and the two girls linked arms as Piper led the way to the apartment. They sat around the apartment catching up until both girls got the same text from Jordyn.

911!! Come to the hotel NOW!!!!

Piper and Quinn exchanged a look and scrambled off the couch, running for the door.

"Where's the fire?" Zach yelled after them.

"Jordyn needs us!" Quinn yelled as she grabbed her purse.

"What the hell?" he said out loud to their retreating forms. The boy's phones dinged and they both checked their texts. "Ah fuck. Let's go, Dalps," he said grabbing his keys.

Piper and Quinn skidded to a stop at the elevator, waiting on them impatiently. Quinn stabbed at the up button repeatedly.

"Come on, come on," she chanted.

Piper grabbed her hand. "It won't come any faster."

"I know but it makes me feel better."

The doors opened and they rushed on, hitting the button for the sixth floor. "Jordyn!" They exclaimed, tackling her in a hug when she opened the door to her hotel room. Her eyes were red and puffy. Justin looked up from his phone and smiled grimly at the pair. He ended his call and walked over to hug Jordyn.

"You're crying!" Quinn exclaimed. "You don't cry. Like I really thought your tear ducts didn't function!"

Jordyn's lips tilted in a small smile. "What's going on?" Piper asked. "What's the emergency?"

"Justin got traded," Jordyn said flatly.

"WHAT?!" Piper and Quinn yelled.

"To where?" Quinn demanded.

"Pittsburgh," Justin replied.

"Pittsburgh?! You got traded to Pittsburgh?! Holy fuck!"

There was a knock and then Zach opened the door. "You are loud as hell, Quinn, for real." He pulled her against him and hugged her tightly. Zac walked in behind him and closed the door. He moved to stand beside Piper and squeezed her hand in his.

"You need to get traded to Pittsburgh," Quinn informed him. "I can not function without Jordyn and Justin."

"Who said I was going anywhere?" Jordyn asked.

"You're not going with him?! Are you crazy? Justin is hot, and he smells delicious. Those girls in the 'burgh will eat him up! If you don't go, I will. Someone has to keep him safe!"

"You're not going anywhere," Zach told her.

"But Chuckie!"

"No buts. And I'm not getting traded to Pittsburgh either."

"Ugh!"

"You're not going to go, Jordyn?" Piper asked.

"I don't know yet," she answered honestly. "It's a lot to think about."

Quinn pouted. "Do you want her to go with you Justin?" She asked.

He smiled and pulled Quinn into a hug. "Of course I do."

"Well then I think this a no brainer," Quinn replied. Justin kissed the top of Quinn's head.

"You are special," Justin told her.

"Thank you."

"No, like short bus special." She smacked his arm and he laughed at her.

"Your boyfriend is rude," Quinn said to Jordyn. "I take it all back; stay in Charlotte with me. Who knows what kind of hotties will be employed this year by the Checkers."

"Quinn!" Piper scolded her. "Chuckie is in the room. At least wait until he's gone," she winked at her.

"Don't encourage her!" Zach groaned. "It's bad enough she's planning to stay in Charlotte if I end up here."

"Quinn!" Jordyn said sharply. "You're giving me shit about Pittsburgh and you're not even moving to Raleigh?"

"I have the nibble though! It's only a 3 hour drive. I'll leave at 1 on game days and Sally will close. I'll stay the night here and drive home around 11. Sally will open in the morning but I'll be back to close."

"Or we could just hire people to run the nibble in Charlotte and you could open a second location here," Jordyn suggested. "And Piper can work with you again."

"So you do want to go to Pittsburgh!" Quinn shouted triumphantly.

Jordyn rolled her eyes at Quinn. "Of course I want to go to Pittsburgh. It's just..."

"Moving fast?" Piper suggested.

"Yes."

"You three, out," Piper commanded, pointing at the door. The three men grumbled but walked out and shut the door behind them. Piper turned to Jordyn. "Sit."

"Yes ma'am!" Jordyn saluted. Quinn giggled and stretched out in the bed, grabbing a pillow and making herself comfortable.

"It smells like Justin," she swooned. Jordyn snatched the pillow out from under her and bopped her in the head with it.

"Shut it," she warned. Quinn stuck her tongue out at her.

"Hush both of you," Piper said. Quinn and Jordyn turned their attention to her. "Zac and I were together barely three months when you two moved me to Raleigh. And it was crazy scary because I was leaving everything I knew and we had only been dating for three months. But I did it and it was the best thing I could've done. If you even think you want to go to Pittsburgh,even if you're only ten percent sure about it, you go."

"Wow! She's like a fountain of wisdom now," Quinn said in awe.

"Don't get me started on you, Quinn," Piper said. "You need to move to Raleigh. Zach is going to be on the team and you need to be here. You guys got engaged! He stayed in Charlotte for you this summer! You're moving here, end of story."

"So I guess I'm moving to Pittsburgh," Jordyn said.

"Looks like I'm moving to Raleigh," Quinn answered. "Well Piper, since you're the decision maker, find a space for our new cupcake shop. Jordyn, me and you gotta get back to Charlotte and hire some trustworthy bitches."

A month later, the guys were preparing for the season opener against the Penguins. Quinn and Piper had just opened their new cupcake shop in Raleigh. "Quinn!" Piper yelled.

"What?" She hollered back.

"Zach's here!"

She stepped out to the front. "Did you bring your captain? Your captain is hot."

Zach shook his head. "I did not bring my captain. I did however bring a Russian." He held the door open and Geno, Sid, and James walked in.

"Geno!" Quinn squealed. She ran around and hugged all three of them before grabbing Zach by the shoulders and kissing him.

"Thanks Chuckie."

"You're welcome. I'll see you after the game?"

"Mm-hmm." He leaned in and captured her lips in another kiss.

"Love you."

"Love you too, babe." He waved to the other men and Piper before walking out the door.

Quinn got each of them a cupcake as they said hello to Piper.

"Let's see it," Sidney said.. Quinn blushed and held out her hand. The guys each took a look at her engagement ring. Sidney smiled and nodded. "Very nice."

"He make you happy?" Geno asked.

"Very happy."

He nodded. "Good. Otherwise I hurt him."

"God bless you, Geno. I heart you," Quinn smiled. He grinned broadly.

"You're gonna cheer for us, right?" James teased.

"I'm an equal opportunist. I'll be cheering for both teams."

"I should've known I'd find Geno here," Jordyn said as she breezed in the store.

"Chuckie brought them," Quinn told her.

"Did he now? Good for Chuckie."

"You ready for your big move?" Sidney asked.

"I am. I head out tomorrow. Vaughn is driving with me. She's got an interview for a job later this week. She's going to move in with me if everything works out."

“I don’t know if Pittsburgh is ready for you and Vaughn.”

Jordyn laughed. “I think the ‘burgh will be okay. Better question, how are things in your locker room? I mean, I kissed you, I kissed Flower and Peters gets to take me home. Awkward much?”

“There’s an understanding that we pretend things with Flower and Sidney did not happen,” James piped up. “Although Justin seems really cool about the whole thing.”

“He’s sort of awesome like that,” Quinn told him.

"What about you two?" James asked Quinn and Piper.

"I moved last week, after Jordyn and I got the new people trained at the nibble. Piper was already here and got everything ready here with this shop."

"What’s with the name, the Nibble Too?" Sidney asked.

"Our shop in Charlotte is called Scrumptious Nibbles but everyone just calls it the Nibble so the Nibble Too seemed perfect when we opened this one," Quinn explained.

"It's very nice," Geno said.

"Thank you, Geno."

The girls chatted with the guys for an hour until they left for pre game naps. Quinn and Piper closed up at 4, and the three girls grabbed a bite to eat before the game. They headed to the arena an hour before the game and found their seats. Quinn and Piper each had on Hurricanes jerseys with their boyfriends names, and Jordyn had a Penguins jersey with Peters across the back. Vaughn waved from her seat in her LeTang jersey.

“Two against two, huh?” Vaughn joked as they filed in the row.

“I told James I would cheer for both teams,” Quinn said.

“Of course you did,” Jordyn grinned. They talked as the teams skated out for warmups. They waved and smiled to their guys and chatted aimlessly. At the start of the first period, Quinn and Piper stood and cheered loudly for the Hurricanes as they announced the roster. Jordyn cheered with them when Dalpe and Boychuk were announced.

“CHUCKIE!!!” Quinn yelled. He shook his head and looked in her direction with a smile. He found her face and their eyes locked. She touched her heart and pointed at him and he did the same.

“Awww!” Jordyn teased. “The lovebirds. So adorable.”

“Don’t be jealous,” Quinn told her. “He can’t help it he loves me.”

“You know him?” the girls sitting behind the foursome leaned forward, speaking to Quinn when she sat back down.

“Boychuk?” Quinn asked. The girls nodded enthusiastically. Quinn smiled at them. “Yeah, we know him.

“He’s so cute,” they gushed.

“Yeah, he’s pretty cute," she agreed with a smile.

Jordyn nudged Quinn as she sat back and whispered to her, "why didn't you tell them your his fiancé?"

Quinn shrugged. "It's not a big deal. It'll come out eventually. Once they google him, they won't miss the video. I'd like to enjoy my anonymity for just a little bit longer. Besides, I think he's the hottest man to walk the face of this earth so I like it when other girls drool over him too. Makes me remember how lucky I am to have him."

After the game, Quinn and Piper each hugged Jordyn, wishing her luck in Pittsburgh and making plans to see each other in a month when the Hurricanes played in Pittsburgh. They waved goodbye and Jordyn ventured into the visiting team locker room. The Penguins were leaving that night for their next destination and she wouldn't see Justin for a week. She waved at Sidney and Geno and gave Flower a quick hug. She walked over to Justin and he pulled her into his lap and kissed her.

"Ready for your big move?" Justin asked.

Jordyn nodded. "Yep. Are you?"

"I wish you'd move in with me."

"I'm moving to Pittsburgh for you. That's a huge step for me, leaving my life for a guy I've been dating less than a year. I'm just not ready to move in with you."

He hugged her. "I understand and it's okay. You'll be there and that makes me happier than you know."

"Oh, I know."

He chuckled and held her closer. "I love you, Jordyn."

"I love you too, Justin."

Piper and Quinn giggled as they walked into the club the team was celebrating their win. They made their way to the bar and Zach found them there, wrapping his arms around Quinn from behind and kissing the back of her neck. She pressed back into him. "I really want to tease you and pretend I think you're one of your teammates but I just can't. I fucking love you, Chuckie."

He held her tighter and put his mouth close to her ear. "I love you too, babe." She shivered in his arms and turned to face him. She grabbed his face between her hands and her lips crashed into his. He lifted her off the ground and hugged her to him.

Zach led the two girls over to the VIP area where the team was hanging out. Piper waved to Tanya who walked over to greet the two girls. She hugged Piper and smiled warmly at Quinn. "The team wants to know if you can do cupcakes for the media meal next week," Tanya said to Quinn.

"Seriously?" Tanya nodded. "Of course we can!"

"I'll put you in touch with Molly."

Piper looked around for Zac before finally spotting him. A girl in a tiny dress clung to his arm and Piper could tell he was politely trying to get rid of her.

"She's been glued to him since we got here," Tanya said to her.
"Every time he loses her, she comes back for more." Piper rolled her eyes.

"Excuse me," she said to Tanya and Quinn. She walked over and grabbed the girls pony tail, pulling her away from Zac. Piper put herself between Zac and the girl and kissed him purposefully.

"Mine," she said to the girl, shooting daggers at her. The girl huffed and stomped away.

"We have to leave," Zac said, pulling Piper against him.

"I just got here!"

"We're leaving," he repeated, grinding into her. Piper's eyes went wide and Zac chuckled before kissing her. "I like assertive Piper...a lot." He grabbed her hand and led her towards the exit. She called out goodbye to Quinn and Tanya as they breezed by. Tanya and Quinn shared a giggle before Eric called out for her.

"Lets dance," Zach said. Quinn nodded and they made their way through the crowd and out to the dance floor. Quinn saw the girls who had been sitting behind them dancing in a tight circle together. They started whispering to each other when they spotted Zach. He was oblivious to them as he pulled Quinn close. She leaned into his kiss and sighed happily. "Have I told you tonight that I love you?" Zach asked.

"You can tell me as much as you want, Chuckie," Quinn giggled. He groaned softly, spotting the girls edging closer. "They think you're cute," Quinn told him. "They sat behind us tonight."

Zach smiled over at them when they got beside them and he pulled Quinn in close. They eyed Quinn and she saw the recognition flash in their eyes. "You sat in front of us," one of them said. Quinn smiled and nodded.

"This is my fiancé," Zach said to them.

“Fiancé?” they squeaked.

“The video’s on the internet when I proposed. You should check it out.”

Their eyes bugged out. “Seriously?”

“Seriously,” Zach grinned. “Did it at the end of last season after a game.”

“Oh my God!” they squealed as they backed away.

“Guess everyone will know who I am tomorrow,” Quinn said.

Zach shrugged. “Was only going to be a matter of time anyways. You wanna get out of here?”

“Yes please!” They walked back and said goodbye to his teammates. They walked to his car hand in hand. Zach leaned Quinn against his car and kissed her. “I’m glad you’re here,” he said to her.

“Me too,” she replied. “Let’s go home.”

FIN
♠ ♠ ♠
I finished writing this like three weeks ago, before Boychuk got picked up by the Penguins. Yes, I am slightly devastated but super happy he gets to play on a great team on a ridiculously awesome second line. :) I'll address the change in teams when I finish the next sequel of this saga....