Sequel: Captain of My Life

Oh Captain, My Captain

Oh Captain, My Captain (Sidney Crosby) 108:

Chapter One Hundred Eight
-Sidney-
"You're awake," I smiled brightly as I walked into the room and saw that Mel and Sam were around here.
"Hey, I was just about to call you," Sam said as she had her phone in her hand.
"She just woke up," Mel said and I nodded my head.
"Hey," I smiled.
"Hey," she croaked out weakly and I walked over towards her and grabbed her hand gently.
"How are you feeling?" I asked as I brought her hand to my lips and kissed each knuckle.
"Tired," she breathed and I nodded my head, "What happened?"
"You don't remember?" I asked concerned.
"No, I remember everything, I remember that guy, he stabbed my neck," she said and looked at the bed, "Ovechkin was there, he caught me, and then nothing."
"Alex, you've been out for two months," I said and she looked at my shocked.
"Two months?" she asked and I nodded my head.
"It's almost April," I said and she sighed.
"Play-offs?"
"Don't worry, we're number one in our division," I laughed seeing that that was her only concern.
"Good," she muttered and then squeezed my hand, "What about the guy?"
"Dead," I muttered and she looked at me confused, "Apparently took some kind of poison when he was in jail, killed him instantly."
"My mom?"
"She disappeared," I answered and Alex nodded her head.
"When can I go back on the ice?" she asked and I looked at her sadly and then sighed, "Sid?"
"I don't know," I muttered and she looked at me, "You're pretty broken."
"I'm fine, Sid, when can I go back onto the ice?" she repeated more intensely.
"You had a severely damaged leg, broken ribs, wrists, concussion, you had it all Alex," I said and saw her eyes start to well up, hell my eyes are welling up, "Alex, did you know that you were pregnant?"
Judging my her eyes going wide and her mouth dropping to the sheets, I'm guessing not, "What? Preg- Wait- Were? As in past tense?"
"You lost the baby after the attack," I answered and her face fell into her hands and I heard her start to sob.
"I didn't even-"
"I know," I said as I sat on the side of the bed and wrapped my arms around her shoulder, pulling her into my chest, "I know, it's going to be all right."

-Alex-
Two weeks have passed since I woke up and I feel a little better. I've ordered my doctor to start me on physical therapy because I was going to prove to everyone that I was going to get back onto the ice. I've been going for five days now and I'm so sore, but I need to fight through the pain. A lot of people believe that I can't do, that I can't come back this season, I'm here to prove them wrong. Mel told everyone that I would be back in time for the Stanley Cup Championship, because the way that the boys were playing, we were going to make it there, and I was so proud of them.
I was in my hospital room, I had just come back from PT. I sat on the edge of my bed and turned the TV on and towards the NHL channel to see that they were talking about the past games for the week. The playoffs had started and the boys were on a roll with bring home the wins.
"Hey." I turned around and saw Sidney walking into the room, "How are you feeling?"
"I'm tired," I said and he walked over towards me and wrapped his arms around my neck and I laid my head on his chest, "When can I go home?"
"I don't know, maybe next week," he said and I sighed and then looked up towards him, "You're still not a hundred percent to go on the ice, Alex. I know that if you leave here, you'll try to go on the ice, and you'll only make yourself worse."
"I want to go back!" I whined and heard Sidney chuckle.
"I know, babe, I was just like you when I had a concussion."
"But this isn't a concussion, Sid!" I barked and then backed up and shook my head, "I'm sorry I-"
"No, it's all right, I know," he said and I sighed and wrapped my arms around shoulders, "You'll be back soon."
"I don't know if I can last much longer. Why does this stuff always happen to me?"
"You're gunna get through this, Alex. You'll be on the ice with us when we're there for the Stanley," Sidney said as he pressed his lips against mine.

-Sidney-
"How's Alex doing?" Marc asked as I laced up my skates for the morning practice.
"Ready to come back," I smirked and then heard the guys laugh.
"That's our Alex."
"The Stanley is about two weeks away, is she gunna be ready?" Cooke asked and I sighed.
"Honestly, I don't know, she hasn't even been on the ice yet, but I really hope so," I said and the guys nodded their heads, "She's been in therapy for almost a month now, and she's doing really well, but the doc won't clear her to leave the damn hospital."
"That's gotta be rough," Pascal said and I nodded my head.
The door slammed opened and we all turned our heads to see that Coach was walking in looking frustrated, "Why is Conners out on the ice? I thought she was suppose to be resting?"
"What?" I asked surprised, "I just left her at the hospital."
"Well she's out there with her two girls," he said and we jumped up from our seats and headed out of the locker room, nearly knocking Coach down in the process.
Coach was right, Alex was on the ice, skating around, and her cousin Brandon was out there with her, holding her arms. I smiled and sighed in relief when I found her not by herself. We stepped out onto the ice and I skated over towards her and when Alex saw me, she stopped and smiled.
"Hey," she said and I smiled towards her and placed my arm around her shoulder and kissed her head, "Brandon's helping."
"How are you?"
"A little shaky, but, I need to get back out here," she said and I nodded my head and then looked at Brandon.
"Thanks."
"No problem, she's family," he said and then the rest of the guys came over and skated around Alex.
"How you feeling, Alex?" the guys asked as they crowded her.
"My one leg is a little weak, but I'm trying to get back here as fast as I can," she answered and they nodded their heads.
"Don't go at it too hard, you don't want to get worse," Pascal said and I smiled and nodded my head.
We heard skating behind us and turned around to see the Bruins skating onto the ice. I looked towards Brandon to ask why they were here.
"Your GM said that we could practice here," Brandon said and I shook my head.
"We're practicing now," I informed and he shrugged his shoulders.
"I think times got mixed up," he said and I growled.
"Be nice," Alex said and I nodded my head.
"Adkins," I turned my head to see Lucic and Chara skating over towards us, "Coach says go suit up."
"All right," Brandon said and then kissed Alex's cheek and started to skate away.
"I'm starting to think our times were mixed up, if you guys are here," Chara said and I nodded my head, "Sorry."
"It's fine," I muttered, trying to be nice."
"Why not a friendly game while we're here?" Chara asked and I looked at Lucic to see that he was staring at Alex.
"Yeah, come on Sid, why not?" some of the guys were saying and I looked down towards Alex to see her smirking and nodding her head.
"All right," I said and Chara held out his hand and I shook it, "Let us finish getting suited up."
"Sure," he said and then I nudged my head back towards the guys for whoever wasn't dressed to go back and get finished, I was one of those guys that needed to finish.
"How you feeling?" I heard as I started to skate away and turned my head back to see that Lucic was looking at Alex.
"I've been better," she said and he nodded his head.
"Well, we're sorry that this happened to you, for what it's worth," he muttered and I sighed and skated back towards the locker room to finished getting my practice gear on.