Sequel: Captain of My Life

Oh Captain, My Captain

Oh Captain, My Captain (Sidney Crosby) 018:

Chapter Eighteen
I laughed as I rolled on my back and tried to catch my breath. I heard Sidney breathing heavily and smirked knowing that I was the one who caused him to be like this.

"Oh god, Alex!" he breathed and they laughed and rolled over to look at me, “I’ve been wanting to kiss you since June, but never-“ I cut him off by pressing my lips to his.

“You talk too much,” I said and he smiled and I felt his arm wrap around my waist and pull me closer towards him.

I turned my body so that I was laying on my side and pulled the sheet up so that I was covered and laid my hand on his cheek and brought my head up and kissed his lips. I pulled away and then grabbed the sheet and wrapped it around me as I got out of bed and walked over towards the bathroom. I started the shower and then stepped in after I took the sheet off and threw it onto the floor.

-Sidney-
I laid in Alex's bed with a big smile on my face and remembering what had just happened only moments ago. I got out of the bed and put my boxers back on and then looked around the room for the rest of my clothes, '...I didn't think this through...' I thought as I realized that I never brought an extra set of clothes, '...Well I didn't think that this was going to happen. But I'm glad it did...'

I heard the shower running and I put my jeans on and then left the room and headed downstairs. The dogs were laying in their room looking hungry. I laughed and then grabbed their bowls and walked into the kitchen and placed dog food into both of their bowls and gave it back to them. I walked over towards the couch and saw the present from Alex's father still on the coffee table and then remember that I left her present in my car. I grabbed my shoes that I left by the couch and then put them on and walked outside towards my car. I didn't realize it was that cold out until I remembered that I had no shirt on. I grabbed the box from my car and then headed back towards the house.

"I can't believe I almost forgot," I said and went up the stairs again and walked into the kitchen.
I started the coffee machine and then walked back upstairs just in time to hear the shower stop. I smirked and then saw Alex walk out with just a towel on and wrapped my arms around her waist and pulled her closer to me.

“I thought I heard the front door,” she said and I nodded my head.

“I needed to get something from my car.”

“Oh,” she said and then saw me with no shirt on and smirked. I laughed and shook my head, “I like you like that.”

“Everyone likes me like this.”

She shook her head and laughed as she placed a finger through my belt loop and stood on her toes to kiss me, “I like you with and without a shirt.”

I smirked and then reached behind me and pulled the little box out of my back pocket and handed it to her. She looked a little surprised at first and then she smiled towards me, “You didn’t have to. I didn’t even get you anything.”

“I wanted to, and I thought this morning was my present,” I teased and she laughed and reached up to press her lips to mine.

“By the way, I think I have some of your clothes downstairs on top of the dryer from like a few months ago.”

“Oh, let me go look,” I said and then headed downstairs.

-Alex-
I changed into sweatpants and a long t-shirt and walked out of my closet. Sidney walked back into my room and with a pile of clothes.

“I think the shirt and boxers are mine, but the sweats might be Geno or James’,” he said and I shrugged my shoulders.

“It was when you decided to have a water fight and threw me into the pool and then I pulled Geno in,” I said and he laughed.

I walked over towards the box and looked at the box trying to figure out what it was, “Oh will you just open it.”

I laughed and then opened the box to see a beautiful white gold necklace with a medium sized ruby heart charm on it. My eyes widened and I was so shocked that I almost dropped the box, “Holy shit!”
Sidney laughed and I looked at him, “You like it?”

“It’s beautiful! Oh my god!” I said and then looked at the necklace, “I can’t take this! This must have-“

“If you finish that sentence I’ll have to duck tape your mouth. You’re keeping it,” he said and I looked at him and jumped towards him and roughly pressed my lips on his.

“I’ve never gotten anything so beautiful before,” I said and then smiled towards him.

He grabbed the necklace and then unclasped it; I lifted up my hair and turned my back towards him so that he could but it on me. Once he did, I jumped up and ran into the bathroom to look at it. A huge smile was on my face and then I ran out of the bathroom and jumped on him, making him fall back onto the bed, “I love it, thank you so much.”

“I’m glad, and you’re welcome. Your friend Mel helped me,” he said and I smiled and kissed his cheek and then jumped up and was about to run to my phone but Sidney grabbed my arm and pulled me back to him and he pressed his lips to mine, “Mhmmm, Merry Christmas, Alex.”

“Thank you. You gave me a good Christmas,” I said and he wiped a tear from my eye.
“I told you, you just haven’t spent it with the right people,” he said and I nodded my head and placed my hand on his arm and then hugged him, “Now let’s go downstairs and see your dogs.”

“Our!” I said reminding him that Zeus was his.

“Yeah, yeah, yeah,” he said and I smirked and hoped down the stairs.

Sarabi was right there to greet me and I smiled and scratched her back, “What time is it?”

“Almost one,” Sidney said and walked into the kitchen to pour himself a cup of coffee.

“You make coffee?”

“Yeah before, you want a cup?”

“Yes please,” I said and then got up and walked into the kitchen. I grabbed the box from my father and sat at the table attached to the kitchen and went through them again. I sighed and then looked at Sidney, “We have to discuss what happened last night.”

He looked up towards me and walked over, “About what?”

“What are we?”

“Well,” he said and then walked over towards me and then sat next to me, “You can be mine.”

I smiled and then pressed my lips to his, “So that’s settled, you’re my girlfriend.”

“You look so cute when you said that. You looked like a little boy in a candy shop.”

“Well technically I was in an adult candy shop,” he said and I laughed and he pulled me onto his lap. He sighed and then I leaned back on him, “But I know what you mean. You’re worried about what the league might do.”

“Yeah,” I said sadly and Sidney kissed my cheek.

“We’ll keep it quiet for a while,” he said and I looked at him and smiled.

“Thank you.”

“Don’t worry, I understand. I had to work hard to get where I am, but I’m sure, you had to work a little bit harder.”

“You really are the best, in every which way,” I said and then Sidney pressed his lips onto mine and then picked me up and carried me to the couch and sat down.

The dogs started to bark and I laughed as Zeus was trying to push his way in-between us, “Come on boy! You want to get in on the action too!”

“Cold nose!” I yelled and tried to get away as Sidney laughed.

“Coward!” Sidney yelled and I laughed, “You come here and take it like a hockey player!”

“Never!!!” I yelled and ran around the couch like a crazy person.

Once we all settled down, Sidney and I along with the pups snuggled together and watched a marathon of Law & Order: SVU. It might not have been the traditional way to spend Christmas, but it was probably going in the books as my favorite Christmas ever.