Sequel: Captain of My Life

Oh Captain, My Captain

Oh Captain, My Captain (Sidney Crosby) 049:

Chapter Forty Nine
-Sidney-
The bus brought us back to the igloo so that we could get our cars and leave, but just as we thought that we were going to leave, Coach wanted us to get into the rink and practice. We had just gotten home from being gone a week and we lost all of our games. Coach was mad and was going to make us practice to up our game.

We were in the locker room changing into our practice gear at ten at night when some of the guys’ cell phones went off. Geno was staring at his phone and then he jumped up and shouted happily.

“What’s up?” I asked confused along with some of the other boys.

“Nothing, sorry, got excited about a text,” he said and I saw that James, Marc, Dustin, Eric and Kris all had smiles on their faces.

I was so confused, but I shook my head and walked out of the locker room heading towards the ice. When the guys finally came out, they seemed to be in a better mood and weren’t complaining about having to practice and I was a little confused. I shook it off and Coach blew the whistle and practice had started.

About an hour into practice Coach had us doing drills that we’ve never done before and the guys and I were getting out of breath quickly. The whistle was blown again and we did the drill again, but as we were half way through it, I saw the boys stopping and I was confused.

“ALEX!!!” I heard someone yell and shot my head around to see where.

There she was, standing in-between Mel, Sam and Vero. I understood then what the texts were for, and why the guys were so happy all of a sudden, but why not tell me.

“She wanted to surprise you,” Geno whispered as he stood next to me knowing what I was thinking.

The guys’ skated over towards her and all wanted to give her hugs, Coach didn’t mind that practice was stopped because he was happy to see that she was all right.

“Go get her, Romeo,” Geno said as he pushed me forward.

I saw some of the guys move out of the way as the saw me coming, I took my glows and helmet off and threw them onto the ice. I stood in front of her and stared at her, as if to make sure that she was really there.

“Hi,” she said with a big grin on her face.

“You’re all right?” I asked and she nodded her head, I smiled and then grabbed her face and pressed my lips against hers.

I felt her hands on my waist and heard the guys cheering in the background. It was obvious that I didn’t care who saw or who knew that I was in love with this girl and wanted to be with her, it sucked that I realized that when I almost lost her.

I pulled away and looked at her, she smiled towards me and I matched her smiled. Her hands were on my arm and then I felt the guys patting my back. Coach walked over and stood next to me and in front of Alex.

“You’re better?”

“I am,” she said and he nodded his head. He was about to say something when she cut him off, “I’m well aware of what they plan to do to me Coach. I just hope you know that I will be fighting their asses because I worked too hard just to have it taken away from me just because of a little injury.”

He smirked and shook his head as I heard the guys laughing and cheering, “I look forward to having you back on the team.”

They shook hands and then Alex looked at all of us, “Now for you guys.”

‘…Uh oh…’

“Who the hell told you to go out there and totally suck?!”

‘…Mad Alex. Hide…’

“Honestly you lost to the Flyers, the FLYERS!!!” she yelled and Coach laughed.

“Yeah but Alex-“

“No buts, Kris! I watched the games, you guys really, really sucked,” she said and we nodded our heads.”

“I have a right to kick all of your asses!”

“Oh, I’ve missed you, Conners,” Coach said and she smirked.

“Now go back to practice!” Alex barked and we looked at her.

“No way, we’re going out to celebrate!” Geno yelled.

“Practice!” she yelled and no one moved, “NOW!!!”

“Move it!” I said as I turned around and started to push the guys back onto the ice.

-Alex-
It felt so good to be out of the hospital and actually walking around. I’ve been awake for about two days now, and I asked the girls not to tell anyone yet because I wanted to surprise them, which I think that I did. As the boys continued practice, Mel, Sam, Vero and I left and headed back to my house because I wanted to see my babies.

When I walked through the door and up the stairs, I went to my knees and called the dogs. Zeus and Nina, Sam’s dog, ran over towards me and attacked me with kisses; I laughed and then rubbed their backs and kissed their heads.

“Now where’s my baby? Sarabi!” I called and then saw Sarabi peak her head around the wall and I smiled towards her, “There’s my girl!” she charged at me and then pushed me onto my back and started to lick my face, “Aw, I missed you too!”

I could hear the girls laughing as I hugged my dog and cried a little because I was happy to see her. I sat up and leaned against the wall as Sarabi sat down in front of me and I laid my head on her back and wrapped my arms around her.

“Momma’s home!” I said and Sarabi started to whine and then she started to lick my face again.

“I think she missed you too,” Mel said and we all laughed and I looked up to see that Sam was recording this.

-Sidney-
We all showered and changed back into our normal clothes. Everyone was in a better mood now that they had seen Alex and knew that she was all right, myself especially. As soon as I was finished I practically ran out the door, completely forgetting about Geno and James and running to my car.

I sped out of the parking lot heading towards Alex’s house. When I got there I saw Sam’s car in the drive way and decided to park on the road. I ran up the driveway and went to open the door, but it was locked. I reached into my pocket to grab my key, but just as I was, the door opened and Sam stood there.

“Sidney.”

“Where’s Alex?”

“In her room,” she said and I walked past her and headed up the stairs, “Keep it quiet!” she yelled and I smirked.

I ran through the kitchen and headed up the second set of stairs to her room. Throwing the door opened Alex shot up in her bed and looked at me.

“Sidney,” she said and I closed the door and practically ran over towards her.

I jumped onto the bed after I ripped my jacket off climbed on top of her. My lips were on hers so fast that I didn’t even think about taking my shoes off. I felt her hands on my neck as my hands went to her waist, I held onto her for fear of losing her again. Alex’s hands went under my shirt and that was taken off of me as I worked on unbuttoning my jeans.

“Sid,” she said and I looked at her to see that she was already taking her tank top off.

She had no bra on and I smirked and then flipped over and propped her on top of me and she pulled my pants down and then came back up and pressed her lips onto mine. I smirked and then flipped her over and towered over her. Alex wrapped her legs around my waist and I laid a hand on her thigh and rubbed it as I came down on her and listened to her scream with pleasure. Our fingers were laced together and I kissed her neck listening to her and myself moan and groan yelling out each other’s names.

-Alex-
“I’ve missed you so much,” Sidney said as I laid my head on his chest and smiled as I felt him play with my hair, “I’m so sorry that I wasn’t-“

“Don’t,” I said and then felt him lift his head to look at me, “Don’t blame yourself Sidney, please, just don’t.”

“Alex, I almost got you killed out there because I didn’t do my job as your boyfriend AND your Captain!” he said and I sighed and then sat up and jumped onto his lap.

“Sidney, I don’t blame you,” I said and he looked at me with those puppy dog eyes and I ran my fingers through his hair and pressed my lips to his, “I could never blame you.”

“Alex-“

“Don’t! Don’t but that pressure on your shoulder. This was not your fault,” I said and he sighed, “I heard you and the team went to Mario.”

“I’m not letting you get cut from the team!” he growled and I smiled and then pressed my lips against his and tangled my fingers in his hair.

“I love you.”