Sequel: Captain of My Life

Oh Captain, My Captain

Oh Captain, My Captain (Sidney Crosby) 063:

Chapter Sixty Three
“Alex! You have to buy that outfit! It’s so hot!” Taylor yelled as we walked past a picture that had a woman wearing a sexy little outfit.

“Sidney would probably love it!” Ashley said and I could feel the blush form on my face.

“There’s nothing to that, there’s more skin showing than clothes! Might as well just walk around in your underwear!” Trina said and I sighed.

‘…Thank you Momma Crosby!...’

We walked through a few stores and I had found something’s that I liked. Picked up some clothes and then we had to get an outfit for me for tomorrow on Ellen. As we were walking on the shopping strip, I walked past a window that had shown the outfit that I wanted to try on.

“Wow Alex! I didn’t even see this!” Taylor said as I walked over towards the dress and nodded my head.

I saw a picture and liked it. The dress was just a simple cute little white dress that when I tried on, ended right above my knees. I walked around the store to find the belt section and found a thick belt and put it around my waist and looked at Taylor.

“No, try the one next to it, it’s too think,” she said and I nodded my head.

I grabbed the next one and tried it on and she shook her head. I laughed and then went to the next one and put it on and she smiled and nodded her head. It looked just like the first one, except it was a little thinner, which was all right.

I found some black pumps in the back and tried them on, but didn’t like them, so I walked over towards the ankle boots and found a nice black pair and tried them on.

“Oh Alex, I love that!” Trina said and I smiled towards her and nodded my head.

“I do too, I like the black and white,” I said and Taylor and Ashley nodded their heads, “I’m going to get it.”

“Good!” they said and I went back into the dressing room to change back into my jeans and t-shirt that I was originally in.

After I changed, I grabbed the dress, belt and boots and purchased them, adding the shopping bag to the others in my hands. We went back to the hotel and Trina said that she was tired and that we could go on without her and Trina handed Taylor some money.

“You ready?” Taylor asked and I nodded my head.

“I’m actually hungry,” I said and Ashley nodded her head, “Let’s get some food.”

“All right,” Taylor said and then the three of us found a cute little restaurant that looked over the beach and ate there.

I paid for that lunch because it really wasn’t that expensive, we all got Caesar salads. As we walked out of the restaurant, someone walked into me as we turned the corner.

“Oh sor- Alex?”

I looked up and smiled as I saw my old teammate and Captain, Dustin Brown, “Dustin! Hi!”

“Hey! Trevor said that you were going to be in town but I didn’t believe him,” he said and then we hugged, “How are you?”

“I’m good; I have an interview with Ellen tomorrow, so that’s why I’m here.”

“Oh cool, how’d you get that?”

“Remember Matthew Perry, the actor?”

“Yeah, awesome party!” he said and I smiled.

“Yeah, he was on and he mentioned me and I guess it got Ellen curious, so now I’m going on,” I explained and he laughed.

“I thought you hated interviews!”

“I do! I actually declined it the first time, but this one here made me!” I said while nudging my head back towards Taylor.

“Hi,” Dustin said as he held out his hand, “I’m Dustin, since this one is too rude to introduce me.”

“I was getting there jerk!” I joked and he smiled.

“Taylor Crosby.”

“Ashley Jenkins.”

“Crosby? Crosby? Where do I know that name?” Dustin asked himself and then he looked up, “Golden Boy!”

I laughed and nodded my head, “Yeah, this is his sister.”

“So the rumors are true!” he said and I smiled and nodded my head, “Alex, I told you to take him on, not date him!” Dustin teased and I laughed and shrug my shoulders.

“So how are the playoffs?”

“All right, we’re having a tough time beating those Sharks,” he said and I nodded my head.

“Yeah, they usually are tough,” I said and he smirked, “I saw you guys had a rocky start this season.”

“Yeah, everyone was off their game, we had to come up with all new lines since you were traded, it totally sucked,” he said and I nodded my head, “But how are you, we heard about what that Bruin did.”

“I’m all right now, had a lot of physical therapy to go through, but it was ok.”

“He’s lucky we weren’t there,” Dustin said and I nodded his head, “Well I have to go, I have to pick some food up for my girlfriend.”

“Oh you have a girlfriend? Good for you!” I said and he nodded his head.

“Yeah, she’ll be at the lunch on Thursday!” he said and I nodded my head.

“Good, I look forward to meeting her,” I said.

“Yeah, Coach originally had moved practice to that date, but we’re like ‘no’ Alex is coming in that day!”

I laughed and then hugged him, “Well I’ll see you on Thursday. Tell the guys I said ‘hi’.”

“Will do! Good seeing you!”

“Same!” I said and then Taylor, Ashley and I started to walk.

“So who was that?” Ashley asked.

“He was my old captain,” I said and looked at Taylor to see her looking at the ground, “Him and two other of my teammates were also my roommates and they were like my brothers.”

“Cool.”

“Yeah, after we won a game, they usually went out to party and then come home drunk. In the morning Sarabi would hide from them because they would try to find her because they wanted to snuggle with her,” I said and Taylor and Ashley laughed.

“So you have lunch with them Thursday?” Taylor asked and I nodded my head.

“Yeah, with the whole team, it’s been almost a year since I’ve seen them and I missed them,” I said and they nodded their heads and we walked towards another store.

“Alex! You should get this!” Ashley yelled and Taylor and I walked over towards her to see that she was looking at a lingerie set.

“Um,” I said not really knowing what to say.

“You should get it for Sidney!”

“I don’t think your brother is going to wear this,” I said and they laughed.

“No! Wear it for him!”

“Um, no thanks, there’s no point, he’s just gunna take them off anyways,” I said and then instantly regretted it because Taylor and Ashley were laughing and I smirked and shook my head, “Should have stopped while I was ahead.”

“So you have!” Ashley yelled and I laughed.

“I’m not talking about this with two sixteen year olds!”

“Oh come on Alex! I need some kind of leverage against my brother! Does he do anything that I can tease him about?”

“I’m not getting into this!”

“Come on! Please!” Taylor begged and I laughed.

“I don’t know, other than that damn ugly sweaty hat of his, I don’t really know of anything that you can use against him,” I said and then laughed.