Sequel: Captain of My Life

Oh Captain, My Captain

Oh Captain, My Captain (Sidney Crosby) 089:

Chapter Eighty Nine
-Sidney-
“Calm down man,” Marc said as he watched as I paced back and forth in his kitchen
“How can I calm down?!”
“Because if you keep up with the pace you’re at now, you’re gunna burn holes into Vero’s kitchen floor and she’ll kill both of us!” Marc said and I sighed and looked at him.
“Sorry.”
“It’s ok, Sid. I know you’re nervous to see her,” he said and I nodded my head.
“How is she?” I asked and he sighed.
“I haven’t seen her since the game, but Max says that she’s depressed, just like you,” he explained and I looked down towards the floor, not knowing whether to be happy or upset that Alex was depressed.
“I’ve been looking at some houses,” I said and Marc looked at me.
“Why?”
“Because maybe Alex and I are a little too close, I don’t know, I mean, maybe we moved our relationship too fast-“
“Stop,” Marc said and I looked at him, “Just stop man, you don’t want to finish that sentence because we both know that it’s a lie.”
I sighed and then ran my fingers through my hair, “I just- She just-“
“I know man, it’s frustrating, but I know,” he said and I looked at him, “Women do that to ya.”
I growled and then looked at my watch, “Wasn’t Vero suppose to be here like ten minutes ago?”
“Relax man, she’s on her way.”
“With Alex?”
“No, she’s going with Max,” he said and I sighed and nodded my head.
“You don’t think Max will try to pull something?” I asked and Marc snapped his head towards me.
“He’s an asshole, but he’s not that bad, he would never do that to you, Sid,” Marc said and I nodded my head, “You’re just being paranoid.”
“I guess.”
By the time Vero had made it home and the three of us had gotten to the club, most of the team was already here. I spotted Alex instantly and my eyes almost came out of my sockets, she was in a tight purple mini dress with a short black leather jacket and black ankle boots, her hair was up in a high and messy bun and I sighed when I saw her cheek to see that even though Vero had put makeup over it, I still saw the cut that Ovechkin had given her.
“Go talk to her,” Marc said into my ear.
I nodded my head and then walked over towards her feeling like I was a nerd in high school trying to ask out the pretty popular girl.
“Hi,” I said as I stood in front of her.
“Hi,” she muttered as she looked at me and gave a small smirk.
‘…Better than nothing…’ I thought as I sighed and looked to see that she didn’t have a drink, “You want me to get you a drink?”
“No thanks, I want to stay sober tonight,” she said and I smirked and looked around to see that some of the guys weren’t going to follow her idea.
“You look beautiful,” I said but she looked confused and held her hand to her ear. The music was too loud and she didn’t hear my comment. I sighed and then took a step closer to her, catching the smell of her perfume and smelling that strawberry citrus aroma. I almost melted against her, but knew that I needed to compose myself. I leaned into her ear, “You look beautiful tonight.”
I felt her shiver as she felt my breath on her neck. My hand was on her arm and her eyes were staring into mine. I managed to see her lips move to form a ‘thank you’ and I nodded my head. I looked at the ground and then looked back towards her to see that she was smiling towards something. I looked to see where she was looking to see that Geno and Cooke were performing the fight scene from Alex and Ovechkin’s fight.
“I’m sorry,” I said as I leaned into her ear and she shot her head back at me, “I was a doche-“ she couldn’t hear me. I sighed and then held out my hand. I gave her a smile and she hesitated at first, but then gently placed her hand into mine and I lead her out of the room and over towards the back door and walked out of it. I placed a brink in the door so that it didn’t close, and we were outside in the cold December air.
“It’s freezing out here,” she said as she rubbed her arms and I sighed and took my jacket off and threw it over her shoulders, “Thanks.”
“You’re welcome,” I said and she looked at me, “Alex, I’m sorry, I was such a douche to you and I understand why you didn’t forgive me, but-“
“Sidney, you hurt me,” she said and I looked at her.
“This isn’t about the Flyers, is it?” I asked and she shook her head, “Oh.”
“You don’t even know why I’m mad at you,” she scoffed and I gulped.
‘…Uh oh…’ I thought as she glared at me and I could see the hurt in her eyes, “Alex, I-“ I shook my head, not knowing what to say, “I’m sorry.”
“Sid, stop,” she said and then headed back over towards the door.
“No, wait! Alex, please!” I said and she looked at me, “I’m sorry, please, help me out-“
“You ignored me! Completely ignored me!” she said and I was confused, “I understand that my blackouts can be bad, and I’m trying to control them! I know I have anger problems and mommy issues, but I would appreciate it if you didn’t have a hissy fit when I do blackout.”
“This is what you’re mad about?” I asked confused and a little irritated.
She looked at me wide eyed and then shook her head, “You haven’t got a clue, dot you?”
“NO! I don’t, I have no idea!” I said and she sighed.
“What part of you completely ignoring me, don’t you understand?!” she asked and I looked at her.
“So you’re mad because I didn’t talk to you?”
“For two days, Sid! You didn’t show any affection what’s so ever!” she yelled, “You didn’t even sit with me on the bus!”
“You’re mad because I didn’t sit- Are you kidding me?!” I yelled and she looked at me, ‘…Stop while you’re ahead, Sidney!...’
“No, Sid! I’m not, and you know what, screw you!” she said and then threw my jacket back at me, “You’re unbelievable, you don’t even know why your girlfriend- I’m sorry EX girlfriend is even upset,” she hissed and then stormed back into the club.
“Ex?” I said as I stared into the spot that she was just standing, ‘…Should have stopped while I was ahead…’

-Alex-
‘…Stupid, ignorant, piece of shit, Canadian, jerk!...’ I growled as I viciously attacked the crowd of people to make it up to the private VIP room that we had rented out.
“Alex, you all right?” I heard someone asked but ignored them.
I made my way over towards Max to see that he was talking with Kris and Marc. He saw me coming and stood up, “I wanna go home.”
“What? Alex come-“
“No, I came, I showed my face, I tried to have fun, but I’m done,” I said and he sighed and nodded his head.
“Why don’t you have a drink?” he asked and I shook my head.
“I wanna go home, Max,” I repeated and he sighed, “You can just drop me off and come back.”
“I’ll take her home,” I heard and looked to see that Kris had stood up.
“Or that, I don’t care,” I said and Max sighed and then leaned into my ear.
“I’m sorry, I just wanted you to have some fun,” he said into my ear and I nodded my head, knowing that he really meant it.
“I’ll see you at home,” I said and he nodded his head.
“I’ll get our jackets,” Kris said and I nodded my head.
“What happened?” Mel asked as she saw me and came over.
“It’s over, I’m done with him,” I said and she looked at me shocked.
“Ready?” Kris said as he came back and I nodded my head.
I put my jacket on and then Kris placed his hand on my back and led me through the crowd and out of the club.
“I’m sorry to ruin your fun, Kris,” I said as I got into his car.
“It’s no big deal, I didn’t really want to come out anyways,” he said as he turned the car on, “What happened?”
“Sidney and I are done,” I said and then looked out the window and wiped the tear that fell from my eye.