Sequel: Captain of My Life

Oh Captain, My Captain

Oh Captain, My Captain (Sidney Crosby) 088:

Chapter Eighty Eight
I was right, those next two days for Sidney Crosby were tough ones, constantly going to press conferences to apologize for his actions and then he apologized to the team, but I still didn’t forgive him, he was treating me badly even before the game, no this boy is still sleeping on the couch, as Max put it, he was in the dog house.
I wasn’t in the mood to have my emotions messed with, and apparently it showed at yesterday’s home game against the Capitals’ because in the third period I was ejected from the game for punching Ovechkin for making some shitty comment. I apparently punched him hard enough to fracture his jaw or something, I didn’t know, Coach and the guys tried to explain to me, but I was just seeing red, have been for two days now. Somehow I didn’t get in trouble for it, and he was going to be playing his home game against the Bruins tomorrow.
I was sitting in the living room with my legs tucked underneath me and I was leaning against Sarabi. I heard the front door open and then heard footsteps coming up the stairs.
“Alex.”
“Hi Max,” I said unenthusiastically and without looking at him.
I heard him sigh and then he hopped over the couch and sat next to me, “So what up?”
“Nothing.”
“You’re depressed.”
“Nope.”
“Yup.”
I paused the TV and looked at Max, “Is there any reason why you’re here, other than to bother me?”
“No, I just wanted to- Holy shit, is that what Ovechkin did?” he asked and then moved my face to see the nice cut on my cheek and the busted lip. I smirked and remember that Ovechkin had managed to get a few good punches in at me before I landed the final blow.
“I’ve had worse,” I said plainly and then looked back towards the TV.
“That was a pretty sick fight,” he laughed, “None of us thought that you had it in you,” he said and I shook my head and tried to bite back a smirk at hearing that I had impressed the guys, “Come out with me tonight.”
“Alone with you, no thanks,” I said and then pressed play.
“We’re alone right now,” he teased and I shook my head.
“Geno and James are in the pool room,” I said and then pointed my finger towards the doors to where you could clearly hear the balls being shot into pockets.
“Come on Alex, the team will be there! You need to get out of this house!” he said and I shook my head.
“I do leave.”
“For practice or games, that’s it.”
“Max, go away!” I said and he shook his head and took the remote off of me and paused the TV, “Max!”
“Alex, you’re the one who’s looking pathetic now! Come out to the public with us,” he said and I sighed and looked at him.
“Where?”
“The club,” he said plainly and I scoff and shook my head, “Hey, come on.”
“And watch all you bachelors hook up with some puck bunnies, no thank you. By the way, if you’re caught again-“
“Yeah, yeah, sorry, I panicked!” he said and I shook my head and grabbed the remote back, “Come on Alex, just one night, maybe you and Sidney will manage to work things out, you never know.”
I shook my head, “Pass.”
“Please.”
“Pass.”
“Pretty please.”
“Pass, Max.”
“Pretty please with a sexy Max-“
“Max!”
“A sexy Sidney on top!”
I groaned and looked at him, “Fine! I’ll come out! Just please never say that again!” I laughed and he wrapped his arm around my shoulder and pulled me into his chest.
“All right!” he said and I shook my head and then stood up.
“Call Vero and tell her that I’m gunna need her help,” I said and Max nodded his head and pull out his phone.
“Hello!” I heard and then turned around to see Mel walking up the stairs, “Hi Alex- Oooh boy, does that look bad,” she said talking about my prize from Alex Ovechkin.
“Shut up,” I smirked and she walked over towards me and hugged me.
“How are you?” she asked as she pulled away.
“I’m fine, Max is dragging me out tonight with the guys, you’re coming right?”
“Yes ma’am!” she said and I smiled, “We’re gunna have to do something about those,” Mel said while pointing towards the cut and the busted lip.
“No amount of makeup can cover this up, Mel,” I said and she laughed.
“Look who you’re talking to! Let me call Vero-“
“Max is already on it,” I said and Mel smiled.
“Like him even more now,” Mel said and I laughed, “Now, where’s my Russian?”
“Pool room,” I said and she headed off in that direction.
“Alex!” I heard Max yelling from upstairs and I sighed and then looked at Sarabi.
“What does that Looney toon want now?” I asked her and she looked at me and whined, “Like you know the answer,” I laughed and then patted her back and we stood up and headed up the stairs, “What’s wrong?”
“Where you in my room?” Max asked as he stood in his bedroom doorway.
“No, why?”
“Someone was,” he said and I looked at him confused and then walked over towards his room and stood next to him to see that his room was trashed.
“What the hell,” I muttered and then walked in, “What happened?”
“That’s why I’m asking you!” he partially yelled and then I walked out of the room and walked over towards Mel and Geno’s room and saw that it was all right, I then walked over towards my room and saw that it was all right.
“It’s only yours, Max,” I said as I looked at him and walked back over towards his room. I walked into the room again and then looked around and smirked and shook my head.
“My room looks like it was raided by hungry girls,” he said and I snickered, “What?”
“Not girls, just girl,” I said and then stood up and looked back to see Sarabi in the doorway, “Did you have fun tearing Max’s room apart?”
“Who are you-“ I cut him off by pointing to Sarabi who had her head down low and was giving me the adorable eyes that said ‘don’t be mad’, “Oh come on! How do you know-“
“There’s dog drool on your floor and bed, plus the bite marks on your hockey stick kind of gives it away too, unless the puck bunnies that you bring home are part beaver,” I said and it looked at me and then ran over toward his hockey stick.
“Oh come on, Sarabi!” he growled and I laughed and shook my head.
“That’s why I told you to never leave your door opened, if Sarabi does get it, Zeus will, and he’ll make it ten times worse,” I said and then grabbed Sarabi’s collar and we walked back downstairs hearing Max cursing up a storm.
“What’s that about?” Mel asked while pointing upstairs hearing Max yell.
“Sarabi got into his room and destroyed it,” I said and she laughed and shook her head.
“You hear from Sid?” she asked and I sighed and shook my head, “He’ll come around, and you should too, he just had a bad week, Alex.”
“I know- I just can’t-“
“It’s all right, it takes time,” she said and I nodded my head and then watched as she walked up the stairs.
“Alex!” I heard downstairs and smiled knowing that Vero was here, “Hey!”
“Hi Vero!” I said and looked to see that she had an outfit handing on a hanger and she was carrying a huge carrying case of probably makeup.
“Where do you want to do this?”
“Bedroom,” I said and she nodded her head, “When are we going out?”
“Ten,” she said and I looked at my watch to see that it was seven at night.
“I’m going to take a bath,” I said and she nodded her head and we walked up the stairs to my room and she asked what was wrong with Max when she heard him cursing and yelling in French, which she could understand and I couldn't. I told her what happened and she laughed and shook her head, “You can lay your stuff onto the bed,” I said and she nodded her head and then gently placed her stuff down.
“You have a beautiful room, Alex.”
“Thank you,” I said as I walked into the bathroom and turned the water on for the giant tub. I poured some bubbles into the water and then stripped my clothes and hopped in.
“So how are you doing, Alex?” Vero asked as she walked into the bathroom and sat on the floor by the door.
“I’m fine,” I whispered and then sighed.
“You sure?” she asked and I stared at the water.
“I miss him,” I said and she nodded her head, “How is he?”
“A mess, he misses you too,” she said and I nodded my head.
After our big fight, Sidney thought it would be best if he got out of the house for a while, so he’s been staying at Marc and Vero’s and I did miss him, even though I was still mad at him.
“Is he coming out tonight?” I asked as I laid my head back and stared at the ceiling.
“Yes.”
“This should be fun,” I muttered and then closed my eyes.