Status: Finished! :D

The Cheap Bouquet

This Is The Day Of Reckoning

It had been just under a week since Anna had been invited to tour with Pierce The Veil. She and Tony had gotten their things around rather quickly, and had a few days to make sure that they weren't forgetting anything. They were leaving in a matter of twelve hours. It would make sense to lounge around together, but Anna had gotten a call from Zak just the day before, requesting to have coffee with her.

Of course she had obliged.

Currently walking to the nearest Starbucks that Zak had agreed to meet her at, Anna wrung her fingers nervously. She wasn't sure what to expect. The two hadn't exactly left on a positive note, and it had been almost two weeks since either of them had any contact at all with each other. At first, it had bothered Anna. Zak knew everything about her, and she knew everything about him. In a way, they were best friends, though neither of them had ever said one another was a "friend." They were more like two hopeless souls that relied on one another for comfort.

As Anna rounded the bend of the brick building, her stomach turned. She could see the back of Zak's striking blond hair that was so white it almost seemed a light blue. She stopped for a moment, before gaining the courage to walk over and sit on the other side of the table. He was holding a small, plastic see through cup with a milky substance in it. "Hey," Anna said simply, not knowing how else to greet him.

A small, apologetic smile danced in his pink lips. "Hey, Anna," he replied, gathering his once scattered thoughts, deciding on the best way to apologize for his immature behavior just a week and a half ago. He had wanted to apologize for a while, but could never find the right words. If he told the truth, he'd ruin everything for Anna. And that was the very last thing he wanted. But he couldn't lie any longer.

A long silence passed, neither having the courage to start a conversation. Although, the silence between the two wasn't awkward. It never was between the two of them. They both enjoyed being in the quiet, alone, in the dark. But you couldn't live in the dark forever.

"Look, Annabella, I'm sorry for what I said. You're not stupid. Far from it, actually. I guess I was just jealous, because you weren't cowering around when you talked to Tony. You didn't lie to him, just so you wouldn't get rejected. You love him, Anna. I see that now," he began, sighing.

Anna sat there, staring at her hands, not knowing what else he was going to say. She listened, though. And that's something she never did to someone who had betrayed her. She usually just ignored them, forgot about their existence. But Zak was different. He always had been. So, she listened. She didn't think much, but she listened.

Taking a gulp of air, Zak began to speak again. "I want you to be happy, and you should know that by now. I'd do anything for you, absolutely anything. I'd take a bullet for you without regret. But, I can only do things for you without reason for so long, Annabella." He took her hands in his, noticing how cold they were. He guessed that it was just bad circulation. He hoped that was all it was.

Beyond confused, Anna met Zak's eyes for the first time. She looked for some sort of answer. But, when she was accustomed with nothing, she abides with silence until he could convey the acknowledgment himself.

Zak hesitated at first, but though the moment now or never. "Anna," he stopped, uncertain of what to say, though the words were clear, "Anna, I love you." The words tasted like salt water, felt like alcohol in a fresh wound. And, even though it hurt Zak to disquiet Anna, he was animated that the burden was off of his shoulders.

Pulling her hands away form Zak's quickly, Anna stood up precipitously. "I-I have to go. I'll be late for the tour if I don't hurry," she said promptly. She couldn't believe what she had just perceived. If Zak loved her, and she loved Tony, who would get hurt? Anna anathematized to impair Zak, but she couldn't do that to herself, either. And, form what she'd already seen, she would wound Tony as well. That was something she couldn't, or wouldn't, do.

"Anna! Anna, wait!" Zak attempted to catch up with her, but she was already more than halfway down the street at this point in time. He couldn't blame her, though. He felt as if what he had done was wrong, even though it made him feel more buoyant.

The second that Anna had arrived back at Tony's house, she walked straight into the kitchen, pulling out a bottle of whiskey and pouring herself a shot. And then another, and another, and another, chasing it with nothing and enjoying the sting.

"Anna?" Tony's voice pulled her out of her trance-like state. He was more than a little worried as to what he had walked in on. She said she was trying to stop drinking, and this was clearly not that.

Annabella turned to Tony then. She grabbed his face, and stood on her toes so she could kiss him passionately. She knew who she wanted, and she wouldn't give him up just because of someone who had hurt her. Granted, it was unintentional. But it still hurt.

Tony pulled away, and chuckled. "What was that for?" he asked, a smirk on his face. He wouldn't deny her, even if she was drunk. But it was clear that she needed to say something.

"I love you," she said, every word complete honesty. "I love you, Tony. And I'm not ever walking away again, okay? I promise I won't, not ever," she said. And, even though she didn't want to hurt Zak, she meant what she said. Every word of it.