Status: Finished! :D

The Cheap Bouquet

The Truth Is Hiding In Your Eyes

"Can I ask you something?"

Annabella continued tracing Tony's chest tattoos, and nodded. She was concerned. But, wasn't everyone whenever that question was asked?

"Do you promise not to get mad at me, though?" Tony was nervous about asking Annabella about her past, but he needed to know. He needed to understand her. It was almost obsessive. He needed to find out everything he could about her.

"That...depends, I guess." Annabella sighed loudly, and propped herself up on her elbow, the blankets still over her slender body. "Tony, just ask the fucking question," She demanded, becoming impatient with the sudden silence.

Tony sighed, too, but obeyed. "Why do you do the things you do? You don't need to get high to forget about your problems. You don't need to fuck anyone to feel wanted. But, you do anyways. Why?" Tony stared at the ceiling as he felt her gaze on his face.

She didn't say anything, but just fell onto the bed, her face buried in the pillow. It only took a few seconds before she looked at Tony, and got out of the bed. She shivered as the cold air touched her warm skin.

"Bella, please, don't go," Tony pleaded as she grabbed a tank top, and switched it for the Asking Alexandria shirt she had on.

Ignoring Tony, Annabella pulled on a pair of white skinny jeans. She wasn't mad at Tony for asking the question, she was just mad because he didn't understand. She knew he was right, and she also knew that she had no right to be angry. After all, it was her fault for not telling anyone about her problems. She knew she needed help. No, she knew she needed Tony. So, why was she leaving?

She stopped getting dressed, and fell back onto the bed, staring at the ceiling. She placed her arm over her eyes, and sighed. "I won't go, but I can't exactly describe this very clearly."

"I don't care, I just want to know." Tony leaned over to her, and pulled her arm away from her face. "Don't hide your eyes," He muttered, the corners of his lips turning up into a small smile.

Annabella sighed, and thought for a moment, choosing the right words. "Have you ever felt like you were invincible? Like you could do whatever you wanted, because you were capable of anything? Whether it was just for a moment, or for days and weeks, have you ever felt that wonderful feeling? Have you ever not cared about what anyone thinks about you, or how you appear to be? You just...forget. About everything. You're not exactly numb, but you don't feel the pain. The pain is nothing compared to the happiness."

"When I'm performing on stage with my best friends," Tony answered, his thoughts wandering.

Anna nodded. "Like that. When you feel like that, you want to stay there forever, right? That's how I feel. I feel needed, even though I'm not. I feel wanted, even though I'm not. I feel...like I matter."

"You do matter. You're needed, and I want you. I love you, Bella. Never doubt that. You don't need anything to know that. Just ask, I'll tell you how much I need you. I love you." Tony was completely appalled. He never knew it was like that for her. He thought that, at the very least, she knew that she mattered. But, as proven three seconds ago, she didn't even believe that. It was disappointing.

"No, Tony, you don't. You don't know what you're getting yourself into by just talking to me. I'm such a horrible influence and, on top of that, you seem like you would do anything for me."

"I would, absolutely anything," He said truthfully. It was exact, actually. He would do anything and everything he could for her. He had no limits whenever it came to her.

"See, that's what I mean. I don't want you unhappy, just so I can be happy. You need to do what makes you smile. Besides, happy looks good on you." She smiled, and kissed his cheek gently.

"But I'm happy when you're happy. I can't be if you're not."

"That's my point. You're getting too attached. What if I got hit by a bus? Or committed suicide? How would you be happy then?"

"No, that's impractical," Tony said, his voice cracking a little towards the end. He suddenly felt even more protective over her, if that was even possible. She was so unhappy, and seeing this hurt Tony. It hurt him more than it hurt her.

"Stop staring at me like that," Anna complained, "I want to fuck you when you stare at me like that."

Tony laughed. "You can't be serious for more than five minutes, can you?" He smiled crookedly, and wrapped his arms around her waist, pulling her closer.

"Nope," She answered, sticking her tongue out at him. Her cell phone vibrated on the bedside table, and she reached over to grab it.

It was a text from Emmeline. Anna sighed, and stared at Tony for a moment. "Will one night kill me? I won't get high or anything, I just want to get shitfaced. I want to forget for a little while." Anna's voice was sympathetic.

Tony sighed, but nodded. "Just don't stay out too late. It's already eight. I'll miss you," He smiled again, and kissed her tattooed shoulder.

Annabella smiled, and she quickly typed out a reply to Emmeline. She wanted to get out of the house for a while, spend some time with her other friends. She and Tony literally did nothing all day. They just stayed in bed.

"I love you," she whispered against his neck, before standing up abruptly and grabbing her Vans from the floor. She quickly walked down the stairs, and out the door.

To her surprise, Emmeline was waiting outside for her. Anna laughed, and climbed in the passengers side.

"Fuck 'em yet? Or is he playing hard to get?" Emmeline teased, knowing that Anna was serious about Tony.

Anna shook her head. "No, I don't think it's necessary. Yet, anyways," she said.

"So, what? You're going to wait until you get married or some shit?" Emmeline asked, becoming confused. Anna had always been the one of the group who could get with anyone. It was almost pathetic, the way every male with a heartbeat melted like putty in her fingers.

"No, I like him. I don't want it to be a one night stand. I'm...serious about him," she admitted, earning a concerned look from Emme.

"Anna? Is that you in there?"

They both laughed, and drove to the party Emmeline was invited to. If there was a party somewhere in San Diego, they would be there. Invited or not. That's always how it was. And, if they weren't invited, they'd crash it and bring the ecstasy as an apology.

- - - - - - - - - -


"Anna, you're wasted," Tony stated, laughing at the way she danced around and sung to her Evanescence CD that was playing in the stereo.

"I know!" She yelled over the music, laughing. She walked over to him, and grabbed his hand, yanking him up from the sofa. "Dance with me," She demanded, smirking.

Tony shook his head. "No," He said, laughing.

"Yes!" She yanked harder, and pulled him up. But, when he stood up, her lips were inches away from his. She hadn't anticipated this. But, without thinking first, she kissed him passionately, their tongues battling for dominance. After a moment or two, she pulled away, gasping for breath. "Dancing might be out of the question now," She said, pushing him back onto the sofa, and sitting on his hips.

Tony let his hands wander over her perfectly-shaped body, as they continued the kiss. He was slightly disappointed when Anna pulled away, and stood up. She laced their fingers together, and pulled him up the stairs, kicking her shoes off on the way. She closed the bedroom door behind them, and kissed him forcefully. They slowly made their way over to the bed, as Anna pulled Tony's shirt off, letting her hands roam over the planes of his chest. She pulled her shirt off, too, and palmed Tony through his jeans. He pulled away from Anna, and sighed, shaking his head.

"Anna, I can't. Not while you're like this." He said. He felt like he was taking advantage of her, and that was one thing he couldn't (or wouldn't) do. Ever.

"Why not?" Anna looked disappointed, and that made her so much more irresistible.

"Because, Bella. You won't even remember this tomorrow." He shook his head, and sighed.

"Fine, just leave me horny as fuck then," she scoffed, putting her shirt back on. She walked down stairs, and grabbed the Jack from the cupboard.

"Speak for yourself," Tony muttered, following her and leaning against the counter. It was a good thing that she wouldn't remember this tomorrow, because Tony decided to confess something he wasn't even ready to confess to himself yet. "Anna, I love you. Not just in the way we've been talking about. I love you. Every inch of you."

Anna smirked, and laughed. "Do you really think I don't like you like that too? Tony, I've fantasized about you. I've never done that before. But I'm not asking you to be my boyfriend. That's your job." She stuck her tongue out childishly, and laughed softly, before walking back into the living room, and switching to a Fall Out Boy disc, going back to dancing and singing to herself.

Tony knew it was probably just the alcohol talking. There was no way she would like him the way he liked her, right?