Status: Finished.

Birthday

One

I adjusted my new Claude Giroux jersey as I sat down. I quickly moved my hair behind my shoulder so the C on the jersey was visible. The C was as visible as my smile at this very moment.

“I see you’re enjoying this,” his voice teased me. My hand shot to the back of his head and Gibbs slapped him.

“Just because you’re not a Flyers fan by heart doesn’t mean you can judge,” I stuck my tongue out at my best friend.

“Believe me sweetheart, that jersey looks better on you than half the women here wearing it.” I blushed at the comment. The pregame neared its end as we snapped a few photos on my phone. Before I put my phone down, I snapped a photo of the view from where we were sitting. Glass seats, behind the Flyers goal. I don’t know how Mike pulled this off but he did. He did all of this for my birthday. I quickly texted Mike before warm ups started.

Thanks for the amazing seats. I will never understand how you got these for me but thank you so much. Xo

After a few seconds, my phone vibrated. I thought Mike had a game tonight? I guess not.
No problem beautiful. There’s more coming so don’t pee your pants. Have a good night, xo.

I put my phone in my boot so I could grab it for pictures.

“Mike has other stuff planned but I have no idea. He told me not to pee my pants though.” I giggled. Corey looked over at me and laughed.

“He probably told Giroux how much you love him and he’ll wink at you.” He laughed. Before I could respond, the Flyers came onto the ice for warm ups. I quickly grabbed my phone and stood up. I glanced back at Corey who was sitting with his phone in hand. Whatever, he’s a Devils fan anyway. I watched as the Flyers skated around the ice and began shooting pucks. Giroux and Briere skated by as a huge smile crossed my face.

***

As the players left the nice, Claude and Briere skated back out due to being stars of the game but instead of going into the locker room they skated over to where my seat was.

“Are you Shay?” I heard the familiar accented voice.

“Yeah,” I looked at Claude and Danny.

“Nice jersey,” Claude smiled at me. My cheeks blushed.

“Who said it’s yours? It could be Mike’s,” I quipped.

“He said you’d be wearing my jersey,” Claude winked at me and my heart began beating ten times faster than it was before.

“Claude, Mike said not to make her swoon over you!” Danny bumped Claude softly, “Sorry, he doesn’t listen to Richie when there is a beautiful girl like you involved.” I blushed harder at Danny’s words.

“Anyway, Richie said it’s your birthday?” Claude asked getting closer to the glass.

“It is my twenty fourth.” I smiled.

“Happy birthday ma chérie,” Danny smiled back at me.

“Come out with us tonight,” Claude said. I glanced over to Corey.

“It’s your birthday Shay,” he responded. I nodded.

“I’ll get your number from Richie, I’ll meet you guys outside. Happy birthday ma chérie,” Claude said before skating away.

“That goal was for you,” Danny winked at me before skating away. My breath hitched in my throat.

“Breathe girl!” Corey hit my arm, “now call Richards.” I grabbed my phone from my boot and dialed his number.

“You need another set of panties yet?” his voice told me he was smirking.

“No, but I certainly cannot go out with the team in what I’m currently wearing!” I screeched.

“Back of your car,” his voice was cocky.

“You had this all planned out, didn’t you?” I asked him.

“Anything and everything for my best friend. Now get your hot ass to the car and change!” And the phone call ended.
♠ ♠ ♠
I started this when I got home from the Flyers-Hurricanes game, and I dunno where I'm going with it to be honest.