Status: Finished.

Birthday

Eleven

"I'm headed home," I said to Claude, Danny and Mike as we were all standing towards the back of the VIP area talking.

"I'll walk you to your car," Claude said smiling at me. I nodded. I said goodbye to Danny and Mike before Claude's hand found mine in the dimly lit room. As we walked through the club, his hand tightened on mine. Once we got outside, his grip loosened. We walked in a comfortable silence to my car.

"Do you wanna come over?" I asked him.

"Yeah," he smiled at me.

***

His arms sat on my hips as my head lay on his chest and Ginger curled up on my chest.

"I really like you Shay," he spoke, "I want us to be more than what we are now - whatever we are now."

"I want us to be more than what we are now too," my arm moved from Ginger's back to Claude's hand on on my hip. He flipped his hand over as I placed my hand on his, our fingers intertwined.

"I want you to be my girlfriend and I want you to come to all my games. I've wanted to get to know you since I saw that picture of you and Mike together in his apartment when he still played here. He talked about you all the time to us. I wasn't the only one on the team that wanted to get to know you, everyone did. I'm just so happy that I'm the one who took an opportunity to meet an amazing girl like you. I took a risk with asking you to come to the hotel with me that night and I'm so glad I did Shay..... it was one of the best nights of my life." I tilted my head up so I was looking at Claude.

"I never expected anything from that game. All Mike said was not to pee my pants. When you and Danny skated over to me, I had no idea what was going on. Whether Mike had planned it or not,"

"The only thing that was planned was that Danny and I skated over to you and take you out to the club with us. Everything else was unplanned and completely meant something. Like when Danny really got a goal for you, when I wanted to kiss you, when I said I was jealous of Corey..."

"You have nothing to be jealous of," I murmured.

"Why is that?" Claude moved Ginger then flipped us over so I was against the mattress and he was over me. Our eyes locked. He really wanted to know why he doesn't have to be jealous of Corey.

"Because he's not the one I have feelings for... he's not the one who saves me seats at games, he's not the one that texts give me butterflies. He's just my best friend, just like Mike," I kissed Claude softly, "you might need to be a little jealous of Danny though," I giggled.

"What did he do?" he knew I was joking and he was going along with it, there was a smirk on his lips.

"He scored a goal for me," I had a smug look on my lips.

"You know how I had a hatty tonight? And how I've scored in every game since that night?" I nodded, knowing where this is going. "All for you, baby." his lips met mine before I could say anything.
♠ ♠ ♠
Fin. :')