Falling From Cloud Nine

One

It had been nearly six years since she had spoken to him. The last she heard about him was that he had gotten that slut Ashlee Simpson knocked up and had put a ring on it. By that point, their friendship had fallen apart and they were not on speaking terms by any means.

Occasionally she would flip through the channels and see a brief clip from one of their music videos, or catch herself humming along to the melody on the radio, but other than that, she hadn’t spoken to Peter in over two thousand- one hundred and ninety days.

However, she did know that their last record, Folie A Deux, was quite the flop as it drifted so far from what their fans loved them for. She also knew that after receiving this harsh critique, as well as having interests that started consuming more and more time, the band its self fell apart.

Though she didn’t really pay attention to the media, she kept tabs on her boys, even if she rarely got the chance to speak to them. They were still her best friends after all. Including Pete.

She knew vaguely about the side projects that each Joe, Andy, Patrick, and Pete had. She knew about the fact that Pete had a son named Bronx. She knew that he and Trashlee Ashlee’s marriage was failing.

And that wasn’t even the start of it all.

”Pete, she’s like five years younger than you!” Emily complained, rolling her eyes as he scanned through the text messages exchanged between the two.

“She’s still really cute…”

“Oh come on! You can’t possibly be falling for her and all her stupid shit!”

“I think I am Em’s.”

She straightened herself up on the couch, folding her legs over one another in a criss-crossed fashion, looking him dead in the eye.

“You better be joking Peter. This girl, she’s just… trouble!”

He cocked his brow. “Are you getting jealous Emily?”

“No,” She snarled. “I just don’t like her.”

“You haven’t given me a valid reason as to why you don’t like her,” He pointed out, scooting a bit closer to her on the tiny couch aboard their tour bus.

She huffed, fully aware that he was right. Maybe she was a bit jealous. Or maybe it was just her gut telling her that this woman was trouble and that she shouldn’t be trusted.

“You do whatever you want Pete,” Emily grumbled, hastily getting up off of the couch and stomping her way over to the front door as if she were a five year old. She stopped herself just before descending down the steps.

“But when she hurts you, don’t come crying back to me saying that I told you so.”
♠ ♠ ♠
In lieu of the hiatus finally being over! I have decided to step back in time and write about some of the people that I began unleashing my creativity upon: Fall Out Boy.

Pete Wentz to be more exact.
This will be a short story split up into chapters

Enjoy my little monsters.

Love,
Hannah