Falling From Cloud Nine

Two

Fast forward to February 4th, 2013.

Emily was now pressed up between two other girls, freezing her ass off in hopes of catching a glimpse of her best friends tonight.

“Oh my god, I can’t believe they’re actually back!” One girl with colorful neon streaks in her blonde hair squealed. “I’ve waited my entire life for this!”

“I’m so glad he divorced her and realized that his fans are who loves him the most!” Another added.

“I bet he still looks fucking hot!”

“I can’t believe he has a kid now!”

“He can still have my kids.”

“I wonder if that girl still works for them?”

“I heard she and Pete had a huge argument and she quit her job at the merch booth that night. She hasn’t been seen since.”

“I missed her. She was always so nice to everyone who waited in line and mean to those who didn’t.”

“I wonder if her and Pete were ever ‘a thing’.”

“They would’ve been adorable together.”

“They were sort of perfect height for each other.”

“I still can’t believe he even married Trashlee.”

“Me neither, he should’ve married that merch girl!”

“I wonder if Pete’s going to still take his shirt off on stage.”

“I wonder if Patrick’s going to gain a little more weight now that the band is back together.”

“Maybe Andy will grow his hair back?”

“Do you think they’ll play stuff off of their old cd’s?”

Emily kept fading in and out from reality, only picking up bits and pieces of people’s conversations going on around her. She could barely even remember how she had gotten to the sidewalk in front of the Subterranean. It was as if today didn’t even happen in her mind.

Ever since that email this morning, her entire world had just stopped.

To: emma_durkheim@yahoo.com
From: pete.fob.clandestine@gmail.com


Hey, I wouldn’t be surprised if you never answer this, or if you changed your email, or if this is just going to be spit back at my by mailer.demon@yahoo.com.

If by chance this isn’t forwarded back to me, I hope you got my carrier pigeons I sent. I told them where to go, but the one wouldn’t listen to me, so I’m sure he got lost along the way.

Well, here it goes. I miss you Emily. I miss our silly conversations about how we were going to rule the world. I miss how we would both stay up in the front of the tour bus when we couldn’t sleep and would just talk about the random bull shit that came to our heads. I miss hearing you laugh at my dumb ass and when I would come up with the wackiest ideas on how to prank Charlie. I miss your smile out in the crowd because you always hated staring at my ass from behind the stage. (Though secretly, I know you wanted to get a piece of dat.) I miss you almost as much as I miss being together on the road with Andy, Joe, and Patrick. Sort of like how Brendon misses Ryan.

I know we haven’t talked in such a long time, but I want to change that. Starting right you.

You were right Emily. Just like you said you would be.

You can say it now. You can say “I told you so.”

With much love,

Peter

P.S. If mailer.demon@yahoo.com does send this back to me, then in response to myself I say Pete shut the fuck up man. You had your chance and you lost it. Way to go.
♠ ♠ ♠
But wait! There's more!