Falling From Cloud Nine

Four

Gasping for air, Emily stood outside of the club. Cold, crisp February air filled her lungs, stinging the back of her throat with every intake.

This was not happening right now. She was not having a panic attack.

Pressing her back up against the brick wall near the front doors, she eased herself down to the ground, sitting up on the building and placing her head between her knees in an attempt to calm herself. She could still hear all the kids inside happily screeching and hollering to the sound of the guitars, bass, and drums.

“Excuse me.”

She picked her head up to see a short, slightly stocky man standing with the door open. He had on a black t-shirt that had Subterranean written across the chest and back.

“Are you alright?”

Emily nodded vigorously. “I’m fine, thanks.”

“Are you going to come back inside?”

Hesitantly she answered, “Yeah.”

------

A few songs later, Emily was once again screaming along with the crowd to the chorus of Saturday, feeling the sheer force of three hundred and seventy-four kids push her up to the barrier between the crowd and the stage.

It was coming down to the final part with Pete’s signature stage dive into the crowd and there was absolutely no way that Emily was going to make it out of the mob in time. So, instead she took a deep breath, trying her best to blend in.

Reaching her hands in to the air, she mimicked everyone’s actions, except for the part where she had to touch him. At that point all luck had run out for her that day. Without realization Emily found herself reaching for his hand when Pete put his arm out for the kids who were acting like little sharks.

A slight jolt ran through her body when her hand was in his, even if it was for a split second.

Then, just as quickly as the show began, it was coming to a close and the boys were bidding their goodbyes, promising that they would come out and see every single one of the kids who showed up tonight even if they had to stay out until the wee hours of the morning to do so.

Emily filed out with the other sweating teens and young adults, eagerly awaiting the band to make their exit.

“Oh my god! That was so fucking awesome!”

“I know! I can’t believe we were there!”

“They were so so good!”

“Yeah! Even if they hadn’t played together for a while!”

“I missed them so much!”

“I think I’m going to cry!”

“Do you think they’ll sign my boob?”

“Guys! Do I look okay for pictures?”

“We need an aftermath picture!!”

“I LOVE MY LIFE!”

“Holy. Mother fucking. Shit.”

“Fuck school tomorrow!”

“They’re still fucking hot!”

“I think I saw that girl here…”

“I think Pete saw her too…”

“I got a picture of her!”

“I got a picture of Andy and all his cuteness!”

“Patrick was wearing a hat again guys!”

“I need water.”

“THEY’RE COMING!!!”

Screams could be heard from a thousand miles away as the fans came face to face with their heroes. Some girls cried, actually a lot of girls cried.

At this point, Emily gave up with keeping herself under the radar from her boys and pushed past the crying, screaming girls, facing her fears and standing right in front of none other than Patrick Stump himself.

He took a double take, blinking his eyes multiple times before blurting out her name.

She answered with a simple yes and a nod of the head.

Patrick threw his arms around her shoulders, pulling her in for a hug, muttering about how long it had been since he’d seen her and how she looked great and how happy he was that she came out tonight.

Joe took notice next, signing his last few autographs before jogging over to where Patrick and Emily where, stealing her away fro a hug next so that Patrick could finish greeting his fans.

“Ems!” His lispy voice sang. “You’re really here!”

Emily laughed, reaching up to rub his hair. “You still have your fro!”

He blushed and stepped aside so that Andy could give her a proper hello as well.

“My favorite vegan!”

“I missed you Emily!” He said with a beaming smile. “You’ve gotten shorter.”

“Fuck off.”

Andy chuckled, throwing his head back. “Still Emily.”

Then, last but not least, Pete made his way over as fans said their last good byes to the gentlemen wishing them luck on their next few shows.

“Hi,” he said standing quite a ways away from her.

“Hi,” She answered back, trying not to make awkward eye contact with him.

“You were here tonight.”

“I was.”

Pete stared down at the ground, kicking imaginary rocks as he stuffed his hands in to the front pockets of his skinny jeans. “You didn’t get my email, did you?”

She giggled slightly. “I did actually.”

“Did you read it at all?”

Again, she giggled. “I did.”

“Shit.”

“I was very sweet Peter.”

“Sweet enough to count as an apology?” He asked, looking up rather hesitantly, trying to gauge her reaction.

“Sweet enough to count as an apology,” She repeated. “Now can I get a hug?”

Without a second thought he stepped over, wrapping his arms around her short torso, pulling her tightly to his body. She could faintly smell the scent of Bone Daddy cologne that he seldom wore, except for special occasions. Apparently, tonight was a special occasion.

“You two should kiss and make up,” Patrick commented.

“Yeah!” Joe chimed in.

Pete looked down at her, fully aware that he didn’t feel now was the right time to kiss her, even if he really wanted to.

“Ems, you’re freezing!”

“Uh.. yeah…”

“Did you drive here?”

She shook her head. “I actually don’t remember how I got here.”

“Same old Emily,” Andy chirped.

“Can I take you home then?” Pete asked, still in a rather tight embrace with her in an attempt to keep her warm.

“Please?” She asked, sticking out her bottom lip for added emphasis.
♠ ♠ ♠
There's still more.

I just need to get off tumblr. It's making me mad.
Silly people and their tickets already.