Falling for You Was Out of My Control

Getting Angry Doesn't Help

Jessie’s POV
I knew leaving him like that was going to make for big mistakes. I had tried to call him but wouldn’t answer. I took Sebastian for walks to the park in hope that maybe he would be there too; I just couldn’t bring myself to go to his place and stand there knocking like a crazy woman. So I went on with my day to day life; going to class, coming home to my favourite boy Sebastian who would never let me down before I spent every moment of the night thinking about him.

That was of course until I got home one afternoon from class and Sebastian was no where to be seen.

I frantically searched the neighbourhood hoping and praying nothing had happened to my boy. “Sebastian!” I called walking through the park.

My knee was screaming at me to slow down to just give it a break because he would probably already found his way home and was waiting for me on the porch. But when I got there he wasn’t either.

I hadn’t bothered him in days but right now I needed his help, “Evgeni please can you just answer the phone, this isn’t about us. Sebastian has gone missing, I am scared something has happened and if I don’t find him before dark…”
“Jessie,” he picked up ending my voicemail.
“Evgeni,” I was relieved to hear his voice, “I need your help.”
“Do you know where he could be?”
“No I have looked everywhere.”
“Where are you?” he sounded worried which was rather refreshing, even after what I had done he wasn’t going to hold it against Sebastian because of me.
“At home, I can’t walk anymore, my knee,” I cried feeling the pain shooting up my leg.
“Ok I be there soon.”

I collapsed on the couch, my head was spinning and I wanted to be sick. I would be crushed if I didn’t find my Sebastian.

Evgeni’s POV
I had been staring at my phone for days waiting for her name to appear and when it did I froze. I wasn’t sure whether I should answer or not but the moment she said Sebastian was missing I knew I needed to help her. I wouldn’t know what I would do if I lost Jeffrey.

“Evgeni,” it broke my heart to see her so upset as she ran into my arms.
“Jessie it’s ok, we find him, not worry,” I ran my hand through her hair as she buried her face into my chest.

I had missed holding her, I had missed how tight she held onto me, I had missed her voice, how she smelt so amazing all the time, I had missed feeling needed but most of all I had just missed her.

We walked around in the cold and dark was soon to fall on us when Jeffrey began barking before he took off.
“Jeffrey!” I called out running after my dog on a mission; I couldn’t lose him as well.

We caught up to him and found him standing over Sebastian who was lying under a bush trying to find shelter from the rain.

“Come on Jeffrey, I not hurt him,” he let out a protective growl as we moved closer, “come on,” I snapped and he moved out of the way.
“Good boy,” Jessie ruffled him up around the neck, “you found him, good boy,” she showered him with kisses.

Sebastian whimpered the moment he tried to stand and suddenly Jessie’s attention was on her injured dog.

“I got him,” I bent down and picked him up careful not to hurt him anymore than he already was.

We got back to Jessie’s house, the dogs were dirty and we were drenched from head to toe.
“Bring him in here,” I followed her into the bathroom where she began to run some hot water in the tub.

“In my room on the chair is your track pants and jumper I borrowed, you should probably change,” I wasn’t exactly cold, more like numb because that was what her presence did to me. I couldn’t think straight around her.

I went and got changed though and stood in front of the heater getting warm when she returned in a fresh set of clothes with Sebastian limping behind her.

“If you want you can wash Jeffrey too,” she offered pointing to the bathroom.
“It ok, he fine,” I looked down at the dog lying by my feet who was more than happy in front of the heater.

She set up a spot on the floor with a blanket for Sebastian to lie on before sitting down next to him and began massaging his leg.

“He ok?” I asked as I knelt down next to Sebastian and patted his head as he looked to be in some pain.
“He should be. If he doesn’t start to get better in the next few days I will take him to the vet,” she winced as she moved her leg.

“You need ice for knee,” I got up and went into the kitchen to grab some for her.
“No, no I am fine,” she tried to push it away.
“No just,” I knelt down and put the ice pack on her knee that looked as wrecked as it did the night she had hurt it.

“Evgeni,” her eyes drifted up to mine and looked right at me, “I am sorry.”
“It’s ok.”
“No, stop saying it’s ok. I have been a complete bitch to you yet you keep being so nice to me,” she sighed letting her head fall into her hands.
“Why be angry, not help,” I shrugged.

“Hey, look at me,” I grabbed her chin and tilted her head up to face me, “moving on hard I know. Ex girlfriend, on, off, on, off, not know what want, expect she come back but not.”
“and what if she comes back?” she began to tear up.
“I don’t care, I have you,” I wiped them away with my thumbs before they could roll all the way down her check.
“Really?” she sniffled.
“Yes, you all I need,” and finally a smile covered her face.

This time she moved closer and kissed me first, “I love you.”
“I love you too,” my hand snaked around her back and pulled her into my lap.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you guys can enjoy this one now it is all back on track