Falling for You Was Out of My Control

Getting Drunk And Influencing People

Evgeni's POV
She latched onto my hand as we walked up the front steps of my teammates house.

Trying to convince Jessie to leave Sebastian and Jeffrey with Anna was one thing, convincing her that she would be fine and everyone would love her was another thing.

"Stop worrying," I put my arm around her waist as we waited for someone to answer the door.
"I worry a lot," she sighed as I pressed a kiss to her temple making her relax only to be shocked when Marc appeared at the door.

"Hi," he looked at me before his eyes fell on Jessie next to me.
"Hey Jessie... Come in," he moved back allowing us in.
"The girls are in the kitchen and the guys..." there was a bunch of yelling obscenities coming from the lounge room, "are in the lounge room playing Xbox."

"Where you want to go?" I turned to Jessie as she moved closer to me.
"I don't mind," she shrugged.

I decided that it was probably best that she go in and meet the rest of the guys girlfriends so maybe she could feel a little more comfortable.
"Just as a warning you have to come to Anna's Christmas party too and meet my friends," she pointed to my nose.
“Ok,” I had meet Anna and she was nice, I didn’t see what could be so bad.

"Hey," Vero walked over and wrapped her arms around Jessie.
"Geno go in with the guys, I will look after her," Vero shooed me away.

Jessie's POV
I didn't really want Evgeni to leave but at the same time I didn't want to come across as that overly shy, clingy girlfriend. I mean if I wanted his to work I was going to have to branch off a little.

The first thing I noticed was how Veronique and the two other girls which I soon learnt where Cassi, Kris Letang’s girlfriend and Lisa, Matt Niskanen’s girlfriend, were dressed up making me feel uncomfortable.
“Why is everyone?” I gestured to their clothes.
“Didn’t Geno tell you we were going out?” Vero looked at me with a blank face.
“No.”
“Geno!” she stormed off into the lounge room.
“What?!” his voice boomed through the house.

The guys’ laughter followed and then Veronique appeared again with Evgeni following right behind, “no body tell me,” he looked so adorable trying to defend himself.
“Don’t worry I have something that will look very nice on her,” she grabbed my hand and dragged me up to her room.

“I don’t know,” I walked out of the bathroom feeling like everyone could see everything I had.
“You look hot.”
“But it’s like really tight and short,” I pulled it around feeling really uncomfortable.
“That’s the point, Geno will love it.”
“He’s a man with urges of course he will love it,” I shrugged still trying to feel comfortable.

I was just thankful that I was wearing some reasonably racy underwear to begin with otherwise the short dress that stuck to me like a glove would not have looked very good.

“Ok the boys are leaving now we are going to meet them there,” Cassie came back in and stopped when she saw me.
“If Geno isn’t happy with you I will take you home myself,” she smiled looking me over.

“Do you want any makeup?” Veronique pulled out the box.
“No! no, no make up, this is enough,” I gestured to the dress.”

Make up, girly things, dresses weren’t exactly my thing, I wore them only when I felt was necessary.

“So how is it all going?” Vero asked with a smile on her face.
“What do you mean?” I shuffled taking a sip of my beer as I felt a little uneasy knowing where this was going.
“You know? How is everything? Everyone is wondering what that Russian boy is really like,” she continued to pester.
“He’s nice, sweet, I guess what you see is what you get,” I shrugged wanting so badly to get out.
“What about in bed? Does he take control? He seems like that kind of person,” she kept going as the other girls crowded closer.
“I don’t know,” I chugged down half of my beer not even close to being drunk enough to talk about this.
“What do you mean you don’t know?” Lisa spoke up.
“We haven’t done it,” I muttered into my bottle.
“What?!” the guys went silent in the room next door and I felt myself begin to blush, “why not?”
“Because I am not ready, besides there’s more to a relationship then sex…”
“Good.”
“What?” I frowned confused when a smile crossed all of their faces.
“You passed the test,” she smiled.
“What test?”
“Geno has brought around plenty of girls that were just at his money and sex but if…”
“No look I meet him walking my dog and to me that’s the guy he is,” I finished my beer and needed more to keep this up.

I was rather a private person I didn’t really like everyone knowing what was going on but I knew getting into a relationship with Evgeni Malkin was going to mean that some of my privacy would be gone but thankfully I hadn’t had too much hassle yet.

I wasn’t used to hanging out with a group of girls; most of my friends from University were guys, the only girl I was close to was Anna.

I excused myself from the girls and went into the bathroom to ring Anna. I couldn’t stop worrying about Sebastian who was going to have surgery in two days.

Evgeni’s POV
“Dude,” James slapped my shoulder as the girls walked in.
“What?” my eyes fell on Jessie and nothing else mattered.
“Jessie,” he kept hitting me.
“Stop,” I nudged him off of me as they got closer.
“Would you two not?” Vero muttered as she walked passed, “just act natural, you will make her feel self conscious.”

“Hey,” I had to pick my jaw up off the floor as she walked over to me and put her hand on my stomach.
“Hi,” I wrapped my arm around her waist and kissed her forehead so any guy nearby knew she was mine.

“You look good,” ok Evgeni what was that? You look good? If you mean you are drop dead gorgeous and I feel like a dog panting over a bone good, then yes.
“Thanks,” her hand slipped around my back as Sid brought us over a drink each.

I heard her say something but in the bad timing the music began blasting right in our ears.
I grabbed her hand and we walked over to one of the small bar tables were it was much quieter.

“I rang Anna, she said the dogs were fine.”
“Stop worrying,” I grabbed her free hand, “what you do when have kids?”

I stopped and gulped when the words fell from my mouth and I registered what I had said. It was the first time I was glad my English was terrible because I knew I had missed the ‘we’ in the question.

“Well it wouldn’t be any different because Sebastian is my child just in dog form,” she shrugged.
“Is true,” I was glad it meant nothing because honestly I thought I was going to die if I didn’t take a breath.

“Hey Jessie,” Vero came running up to us, “come dance.”
“No thanks, Evgeni and I are having a nice conversation,” she smiled at me and put her hand on top of mine.
“Come on,” Vero was always an interesting person to hang around when she had some alcohol in her.
“Go, I sit with guys,” I went to get up.
“No you can come too,” Vero grabbed our arms and dragged us out onto the floor.

“You know,” she wrapped her arms around my neck to pull me closer, “it’s nice to get out sometimes,”

“Thanks!” she had to yell above the music as we began to dance.
“For what?!”
“Bringing me out tonight!” she wrapped her arms around my neck as I put my hands on her hips.
“Is ok! Have fun, Enjoy!” I gestured to everything going on around us.

I loved watching her move in front of me. But I was beginning to wish she would just hurry up and introduce me to her parents because I didn’t know how much longer I could keep my hands to myself.

She was teasing me and she knew it but I couldn’t help but feel like it was a test. We were both feeling the affects of the alcohol but not enough that we would pass out, just enough to have some fun.

I had to hold my breath as she grabbed the zipper of my jacket and undid it slowly while swaying her hips to music as she sung in a very seductive tone.

“Jessie,” her name fell from my mouth as she began to sing into my ear.
“You’re looking in my face and I can’t keep it down. I let the words escape, I’ve gone and shout it out. No I can’t help myself, I can’t control it babe, I feel it building, you got me blown away.”

Her voice was vibrating my ear drum more than the music because that was the kind of effect she had on me. If she wanted it, she had it.

“Jessie we go sit,” I pulled away because there was no way I could keep letting her tease me like this without me jumping her right her, right now.

She fell into my side as we sat on the couch with the boys who weren’t being tortured by their girlfriends.

“So Jessie, Sid was saying how you work for the Pirates, yes?” Kris spoke up as she grabbed another beer.
“Yes, I did. I mean I do,” she smiled widely cracking the drink open.
“Jessie you not have to drink it,” I stopped her.
“No Evgeni I am fine,” she pushed my hand away.
“You sure?”
“Yes,” she lent up and kissed my cheek.

I wasn’t exactly convinced but I was keeping her at arms length just to be safe but the fact that she was in the middle of an intense conversation about baseball with Matt and Sid I was a little more at ease.

I zoned out from their conversation but I was happy Jessie was getting in the middle of the guys conversation. If she could get Sid to crack up laughing like she did it was definitely a win on her part.

“Hey G you might want to take her home,” Sid pointed to Jessie who was passed out with her face mashed into my shoulder.

“Evgeni,” she stumbled in her heels as I picked her up.
“It’s ok,” I kissed her forehead as she settled her head on my shoulder.

I got back to her place and their Anna was waiting desperately so she could go home.
“Oh my Jessie,” she looked shocked as Jessie was passed out in my arms, “is she ok?”
“Too much drink, she be ok,” I stepped inside.
“Ok well I have to get going, tell Jessie I see her on Tuesday.”

I made a mental note but it all went away as Jessie began to feel sick.

"Evgeni," she cried.
"It's ok, just wait," I carried her to the bathroom where she collapsed around the toilet.

I felt bad that I had let her drink so much. Maybe I should have stopped before she had too many. 

I left her alone for a moment as I checked on the dogs before she was calling my name.

"I come in?" I grabbed the door handle but didn't want to barge in on her.
"Please," she began to cry, "I made a mistake," she wrapped her arms around my neck.
"It's ok, come on," I scooped her up and carried her to her bed.

"Here drink this," I gave her a bottle of water and made sure she drank it all before she fell asleep.
"I am sorry," she apologised over and over as she curled up with her head in my lap.
"Shhh, go sleep," I placed a wet hand towel over her forehead and ran my hand through her hair to get her to sleep.

"I love you," she mumbled wrapped her arms around my waist before passing out again into a deep sleep.
"I love you too," I tried to sleep but I couldn't. I couldn't stop worrying about her as she laid in my arms. I was never taking her out drinking again and that was a promise.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ummm so I hope everyone is sending out healing thoughts for Geno, I hope he is ok. I can't help but feel sorry for the poor guy. I know people are throwing the word concussion around like a stripper but even if it isn't he will still be sore :( it's a case of been there done that, concussions are a bitch (I was stuck in bed all school holidays a few years ago after getting taken out by my own teammate) but even so I have lost count of the amounts of times I have had my head shaken up playing hockey but he will be back and killing it Evgeni Malkin style