Falling for You Was Out of My Control

He Has Been My Savior

Jessie’s POV
Waiting for my baby boy to come out of surgery was hard. I was so nervous for him, I just wanted him to be ok.

“Jessie,” Evgeni tried to wriggle his fingers as I held onto his hand a little too tight.
“Oh sorry,” I let go and moved forward to pat Jeffrey to try and distract myself.
“Is ok,” he crackled his knuckles, “but sit still,” he put his hand on my knee as I began to bounce it.
“I can’t,” I grabbed his hand again.
“Jes…”

“Jessie,” Sebastian’s vet walked out cutting Evgeni off.
“Yes,” I got up and all but ran over to Rick.
“Here he is,” my baby boy hobbled out behind him with a cone on his head.

“Aww my baby,” I knelt down and he whimpered licking my hand.
Jeffrey barked behind me and all but ripped Evgeni’s arm out as he ran over to Sebastian.
“Jeffrey no,” I put my hand out and he slipped across the tiles stopping just in time, “good boy,” I petted his head as he approached Sebastian slower and began sniffing the strange plastic thing around his neck.

Evgeni knelt down and looked over Sebastian back leg that was completely shaved, “poor boy.”
“Now,” Rick knelt down next to us, “if he whimpers a lot it might not necessarily be because it hurts, the medication is going to make him feel a little off…” I listened to all the instruction that he had and questioned him continuously until I was certain I could handle looking after Sebastian at home.

When we got home Evgeni brought Sebastian inside while I made sure he had everything set up around his bed.
“Just put him down here,” I patted the bed and Evgeni brought him over.

We left him to his own devices as he just wanted to sleep still feeling the affects of the anesthesia and his medication.
“Evgeni can you get me the bottle from his crate?” I pointed over to the crate that I was rather reluctant to put Sebastian in because I knew he would hate it.

“Here,” he sat down next to me and petted Sebastian’s head as Jeffrey walked over and laid down with his head in Evgeni’s lap.
“Hey boy,” I watched as Evgeni looked down at his pooch lovingly, “you good dog,” he lent down and kissed his head.

“Hey Evgeni,” I smiled over at him.
“Yeah?” he looked up and continued to pet Jeffrey’s head.
“Thanks for everything, not just with Sebastian,” I let my hand fall onto my dog’s head and played with his soft ear, “you know my knee and with Liam, people usually just feel sorry for me and I am glad you didn’t. I wanted to move on and you helped me with that.”
“Is ok,” he put his hand on top of mine, “do things for people I love.”
“You know I may never get used to you saying that?” I chuckled.
“Say it all the time now then,” he took my hand and kissed it.

I loved when he did that. He was such a gentleman and I didn’t believe that I deserved someone like him. But for someone reason unbeknownst to me I met him that day in the park and my life has never been more perfect since.

“What you want for dinner?” Evgeni went to get up.
“No, no I will go get something,” I pulled him back down and stood up.
“Can do it,” he went to get up again.
“No just… I need get out for a bit, just watch him, I will go get some Chinese or something.”
“Ok you sure?”
“Yes.”
“Here,” he pulled his wallet out from his pocket.
“No put it away,” I pushed his hand back, “you have paid for more than enough right now,” I pointed to Sebastian who was sound asleep with Jeffrey lying close by with his head on the edge of the mattress staring at him.

“I don’t know how I am ever going to repay you for everything you have done,” I bent down to give him a kiss.
“I know a way,” he smiled keeping me to him.
“Yeah no,” I pulled away, “not yet,” I tapped his nose.
“Fine,” he sighed with a pout of a two year old.

To be honest I was finding it hard not to jump him every moment of the day but I had promised myself I wasn’t going to rush it. I wasn’t going out of my way to stop it from happening I just wanted to feel ready and I wasn’t.

I got home to see Evgeni curled up on the floor with the dogs. Jeffrey was resting his head on Sebastian’s back and Evgeni had his head next to Sebastian’s as my boy whimpered away.

“Is he ok?” I put the bag of food on the coffee table and knelt down next to them and ran my finger along the wound on Sebastian’s leg. He didn’t flinch so I knew it wasn’t his leg that was giving him trouble.

“He look dizzy,” Evgeni’s traced the black line that went from Sebastian’s eye to his ear.
“Poor boy,” his eyes looked rather glazed over and I wished I could just get him passed this stage of his rehab. But Rick did say he would be doing a lot better tomorrow once the anesthesia wore off.

“What you get?” Evgeni soon turned his attention to the food the typical must eat everything way that Evgeni was.
“Sweet and sour pork with rice,” his eyes widened and lunged onto the couch.
“Best,” he snatched one of the boxes from the table.
“Well I am glad I chose it, it’s my favourite too.”
“You should be girlfriend,” he looked at me seriously before a smile covered his face.
“I should be,” I lent over and kissed him.

That was another thing I liked about Evgeni. It never felt awkward to be around him. He always managed to make me smile even if I didn’t want to. I still got butterflies around him but it was nice, I felt like I was comfortable with him while still being completely head over heels for him. It was reassuring that we wouldn’t fall into some rut and get bored of each other, at least not yet.

“Jessie,” his head fell on top of mine as we sat on the sofa nodding off from the stressful day.
“No, shh,” I snuggled more into his chest.
“Jessie,” he groaned again and I looked up at him realizing he was actually asleep.

I sat back at watched him. He looked so relaxed, so calm and so peaceful. He was snoring softly and mumbling stuff to himself which must have been in Russian because it was completely incoherent.

After that first adventurous night on my sofa when I finally got to run my hands through his hair, I can’t help myself, I had to touch his hair. It was soft and he always responded when I did.

“Jessie,” his eyes opened slowly.
“Go back to sleep,” I pulled him into my arms as he sighed succumbing to sleep once again.

I was tired but sitting in the darkness of the house with Evgeni and the dogs with me and I could stay awake and watch them all night.
♠ ♠ ♠
Most of the dogs behavior is based off my number one buddy in the whole world, he is my first dog and I love him to bits and I feel that it is completely necessary to spam you all with him because he is the inspiration behind this whole story

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image