Falling for You Was Out of My Control

Looking After My Girlfriend

Evgeni's POV
I had to try and keep myself busy all day as Jessie was in hospital. I was just hoping for sake that everything went ok and she would be able to play.

She had spent all morning freaking out about if it did not work because if it didn’t it meant her chance of playing basketball would be over. Everything now was fine tuning, the most stressful part of it all.

I was trying to stay optimistic about this whole thing. I still wasn’t completely sure on Jessie leaving but it was her dream and I couldn’t stand in the way of that. I knew if I did she would get angry at me and leave anyways and nothing was worth that.

I couldn’t be hypercritical and hold it against her because I was doing that same thing. I had left. I left my home, my family, I felt like I had betrayed so many people, my country coming to America to fulfil my dream. But Jessie wasn’t hurting anyone.

“Hey G, what’s wrong? You look like Sid when someone steals the puck from him,” James hit my shin guard with his stick.
“What? No I don’t,” but my eyes were narrowed and I could feel my face scrunching up.
“Yeah you do, what’s going on? You’ve looked down lately, is everything ok with Jessie?”
“Don’t worry,” I mumbled.

Because every time I thought about Jessie going to New York I thought about the days that would seem endless without her. Sure when you really thought about it was only 3 or 4 months depending on how long I was in Russia. People are away from each other longer than that and it all works out fine. Like Ovechkin; how does he deal with being away from Maria for so long? They spend most of their time in different cities, different countries, on other side of the world. Jessie was only going to be in New York, just over an hour on the plane and I could be there.

I think something else that bothered me was the fact that Jessie accident, she always doing something and getting hurt. I guess I was just worried that if something happened to her I wouldn’t be there for her. The only thing that kept me afloat after hurting my knee was my friends and family. If Jessie got hurt she would be in New York all on her own.

I managed to escape the locker room without getting pestered by anymore of the guys to in time to get back to the hospital in time for Jessie to wake up.

“Hey,” I sat on the edge of her bed next to her and she peered up at me still dazed from the anaesthetic as I ran my hand threw her hair.
“Hi,” she sighed letting her head fall onto my stomach.
“How you feeling?”
“Tired,” she mumbled.
“What about knee?” I lifted the blanket to see two little holes and a lot of bruising.
“I bruise easy,” she peered down briefly before letting her head fall back onto the pillow, “it doesn’t hurt though, it’s numb.”

She spent the next few hours waking up and moaning about every little thing she could possible find to complain about, especially what I was making for dinner. But I was making it not her so she was going to have to settle for whatever I could make.

It might have sounded mean but I liked it when she was still affected by this anaesthetic. She just wanted to cuddle, she wanted me to hold her, look after her. She gave up arguing and just laid with me. I liked looking after her, I felt needed.

“Evgeni,” she hobbled into the lounge room as I laid on the sofa watching tv.
“Yeah?”
“Oh there you are,” she smiled and snuggled up on top of me.

“You ok?” I put my hand on her back and she buried her face into the crook of my neck.
“Yeah just tired,” she sighed.
“Go sleep,” I encouraged kissing the top of her head.

I was almost sure she had fallen asleep when she spoke up, “I am going to miss you.”
“I am will miss you to.”
“But I don’t want to leave you,” she began to cry.
“Jessie,” I laughed pitifully knowing half of it had to do with the medication, “it’s ok,” I wrapped my arms around her tighter.
“You will still love me right?” she looked up at me.
“I always love you, drugged Jessie too,” I kissed her forehead.
“Shut up,” she mumbled wiping away the tears in her eyes.
“Can’t make me,” I traced my fingers up her side.
“Stopped it,” she shuddered.
“No,” I tickled her and there was the laugh I loved to hear.
♠ ♠ ♠
You guys know what to do press the link and wait for the story to unfold...
http://www.mibba.com/Stories/Read/513153/From-Russia/