Falling for You Was Out of My Control

Making Things Right Again

Evgeni’s POV
“What are you doing here?” Nealsy frowned as he walked into our hotel room.
“Nothing,” I moped flopping on my bed and flipping on the television.
“I thought you were going to meet up with Jessie?” he sat on his bed next to me.
“Was,” I corrected.
“Was? and why are you not anymore?” he curled an eyebrow at me.
“She not come to game,” I sighed.
“What? Yes she did.”
“I not see her.”
“I just because you didn’t see her doesn’t mean she wasn’t there, Brandon and I were talking to her.”
“What?!” I got up in a hurry, “why you not tell me?” I searched around for a jumper and beanie.
“I couldn’t find you, I just assumed you would ring her or something,” he shrugged grabbing the tv remote from the floor.
“My phone,” I searched through my bag trying to find it, “shit!”

The battery was flat. I rushed over to grab my charger and plugged it in, when my phone did turn on there was a heap of missed calls and a voicemail.
“I wish you would stop being such a child. I can’t deal with you being this way anymore and if you don’t grow up soon I will be more than happy to take Sebastian and let you wallow in whatever self-pity you will have.”

“Dude you need to fix that and quick,” James looked at me with a worried expression on his face.
“My phone flat.”
“Here take mine,” he chucked it onto my bed.
“Thanks,” I typed her number into his phone and hit call.

“Jessie is Evgeni please ring on this number, my phone flat not know you call. I am sorry,” I left her message before putting on my runners and heading out to find her place.

I hadn’t yet seen her apartment, I had pictures from when she was searching on the internet but I don’t remember what the outside looked like so I had to follow the Google maps on James’s phone.

I made numerous wrong turns and hit dead ends but finally I found her apartment building and ran as fast as I could up the stairs to find her.

“Jessie!” I knocked on her door and I was sure if I knocked any harder it would break down but I was desperate to not screw this up. I loved her and I couldn’t ruin this because of some jealousy thing I had.

“Hello,” a blonde haired man opened the door.
“Who you?” I narrowed my eyes wondering why he was in her apartment. I had to double check that her was her place though, and thankfully it was.
“I am Jessie’s friend Kevin,” he looked a little nervous as I towered over him.
“This your fault,” I yanked him out of the apartment and pushed him up against the wall.
“No,” he put his hands up surrendering.
“I just want to tell you,” he was speaking quietly which only confused me more, “Jessie came over because she was really upset, I don’t want to start anything I just wanted to be a good friend, I know how lonely it can get in this city,” he began rambling so I let him go but didn’t back away.
“So?”
“I just came to keep her company, she really doesn’t need to be alone right now…” I went to push passed him but he stepped in front of me stopping me in my tracks.
“Wait!”
“What?” if he didn’t move I was going to do more than push him out of the way.
“Don’t fight with her. As much as she might say she doesn’t want to talk to you she does. She loves you so don’t mess up,” maybe he did care about her. Maybe he didn’t want anything to do with her like that, maybe he was just a friend and I was fighting with her over nothing.

“Jessie,” I stepped inside.
“She’s in her room, if you need anything I am in 27,” he closed the door and left.

Guilt ran through me as I saw her curled up in her oversized bed facing away from me and suddenly I felt like the world’s worst human being.

Jessie’s POV
“Jessie,” he repeated softly and just his presence alone was making me want to give up and curl up in his lap.

“I am sorry,” he rustled around before I felt the covers pull back and he climbed it.
“Come here,” he grabbed me.
“No,” I knew I was acting like a toddler throwing a temper tantrum but I didn’t care. He needed to know just how much he hurt me and right now I wasn’t able to form words coherently enough through my tears to do that.

“Let me go!” I begged as he pulled me into his lap.
“Jessie please,” I was lying between his legs with my head resting on his chest. Physically I was exhausted and couldn’t fight any longer and it didn’t help that he was wearing the kind of clothes I loved to cuddle with him in; athletic shorts and a jumper so instead I tried to shut him out with my eyes but it didn’t work.

“Shhh,” his voice was so calming as he ran his hand through my hair speaking Russian to me as I sobbed so overwhelmed. I was so terrified from the message that I had left him I was almost certain it would be it.

I eventually gave up though and wrapped my arms around him. I needed to be close to him, I needed to know he loved me. I knew it but I needed him to reassure me that it was going to be ok.

“Evgeni,” I sat up and faced him, his eyes telling me how sorry he was.
“Yeah?” he reached out and tucked a loose strand of hair behind my ear letting his fingers trail down my jaw.
“I am sorry, I should have told you about Kevin,” I looked down as his hands sat so innocently on my thighs.
“No is ok, not meant to be angry,” he admitted, “I only do because not want to lose you.”
“You won’t, I love you not him,” he wiped away the few stray tears on my cheek.
“I am sorry,” he cupped my cheek and brought me forward to kiss me.

I had missed feeling his lips on mine, I had missed how they brushed against mine, I missed how he took over and pushed me back into the soft comforter piled up at the end of my bed.

His body hovered over mine and he kissed me like he never wanted to leave me again and honestly I never wanted him to leave. I wanted him to stay here with me forever.

A month was way too long to be away from him and I didn’t think I could deal with letting him leave.
“Stay tonight,” I begged pushing his jumper up needing to feel more of his skin.

“Help me here,” I tugged as it got caught under his arms, but he was too busy kissing my neck.

“Evgeni,” I groaned and was thankful when he pulled back slipping out of the jumper in one swift move.

It was then that I really got to look at him as he stopped for a moment kneeling between my legs. He really had been trying to refocus himself, in a month he was more toned then I could remember and I just had to feel his skin.

“Come here,” I hooked my finger and he followed happily smothering me again and I loved it.

"No more fighting," I begged as he pulled away so we could breathe.
"No more, two weeks I here," he promised.
“I love you,” I ran my fingers through the hair at the nape of his neck.
“I love you too,” but before I really chance to say anything again he was all over me and I didn’t care because with him breathing became unnecessary.