Falling for You Was Out of My Control

I Have A Job To Do

Evgeni’s POV
I don’t even remember if I slept at all but I do remember getting up numerous times to go outside and try and feel a little human against but it never helped and I always walked back to her room feeling worse off.

I had no clue what we were going to do. I still couldn’t decide why I was angry either. A part of me was angry at Jessie because she could have gotten really hurt, she could be a whole lot worse off than she was right now but it was more a selfish thing because I didn’t want to see her hurt. But in the same I was angry at myself for not being more careful and I guess this was just part of one of those consequences. Yes we were committed to each other but having a kid wasn’t exactly on Jessie’s to do list right now, I could only hope it didn’t ruin everything we had.

There was a light knock at the door and a blonde woman walked in, “Hi I am Laura, the team’s athletic trainer,” she offered a small smile and put her hand out.
“Hi Evgeni, Jessie’s boyfriend,” I accepted her handshake but couldn’t muster up any sort of welcome other than that.

“How is she?” she sat down on the edge of the bad and put a loving hand on Jessie’s head.
“She just sleep.”
“Has a nurse come in at all?” she frowned.
“Last night.”

“Jessie,” she shook her shoulder lightly, “Jessie,” her voice was calming and I could feel myself starting to fall asleep as she whispered to her. I guess I hadn’t actually slept.

But the moment Jessie’s eyes opened I was wide awake too. The poor thing looked absolutely wrecked, her hair was all over the place and her she had bags under her eyes like she hadn’t slept a wink in months.

I just had to hold her though, I had to let her know after how I acted last night that I wanted nothing else then for her to be ok.

“Here,” I got up and switched places with Laura so I could let Jessie rest on me. She was always calm when I was around and getting her to relax was all she needed right now.

“How you feel?” I ran my hand through her hair as she sighed wrapping her arms around me.
“I am ok, I just want to go home,” she mumbled into my shirt.
“Nurse say last night you can today if better.”
“No to Pittsburgh,” she looked up with the saddest eyes I had ever seen on her.
“Why?” I stroked her cheek.
“Because I miss being with you.”
“But next week I be here,” I looked to Laura in hope she would help but she stayed silent.
“Still want to.”
“Ok, ok we fix, you sleep,” I tucked her head under my chin.

“Maybe you should take her with you,” Laura piped up after Jessie was back in a deep sleep.
“What about basketball?” I frowned.
“Well she is going to need a few weeks off at least.”
“But I go to Russia in week and half.”
“Take her with you.”
“But…”
“Evgeni,” she stopped me, “In the end it is the coach’s decision as to whether she comes back and I know for a fact she hasn’t been telling anyone about how much hassle she has been having. If she gets put on the injured reserved I don’t think she will come back off.”
“But can’t you…”
“Jessie doesn’t handle things well,” she continued, I knew that though, “it will kill her to put down like that.”
“Well what we do?”
“You’re going to have to convince her that giving up basketball will be better for her,” she got up before biding me goodbye.

How was I going to do something like that? Jessie was very driven and getting her to give up on something she had worked so hard on would be impossible.
♠ ♠ ♠
What do you guys reckon? Do you think Jessie will give up basketball to be with Evgeni? Or maybe something else will come up...

Oh and seriously you guys should go check out my other story http://www.mibba.com/Stories/Read/513153/From-Russia/