Falling for You Was Out of My Control

First Part Of The Recipe

Evgeni's POV
“You get ready, I change him,” I took Andrei from Jessie and headed upstairs.

“Now I need you to be a good boy for me,” I set him down on the change table.

He fussed and gurgled as he tried to reach up for my hand, “No I need that,” I plucked my hand away, “here,” I handed him his teddy back and he continued to chew it like it was the best thing in the world.

I had to just stare for moment. The little boy laying there staring back up at me was the key to my life now. Sure I always imagined it happening differently but this little guy no matter how much of a pain he could be sometimes was everything to us.

“Alright so lets get back to you being a good boy, it's your job to look after this,” I showed him the box with the ring inside but quickly snapped it shut in case Jessie came in.

It was still weird talking to a baby that didn't actually speak back but I guess after talking to Jeffrey all these years it wasn't so bad.

“I need you to be good so I can find the perfect moment to ask your mum to marry me, ok?” I tapped his nose, “and if you are crying and making a fuss I am not going to get the chance to do that.”

I stuck the tabs down on his nappy and poked him in the stomach getting him to giggle. The first week or so changing him was hectic and it took the both of us to do it, but now it was more fun and games for him he wasn't bothered so much. We could get him to do just about anything with his teddy nearby.

“Andrei,” I lent closer and squeezed his cheeks together as he blew a bubble clearly not focusing on me, “keep this clean for the next half an hour, ok buddy?” I gestured to the onesie in my other hand.
He squealed with a big happy grin on his face and swung his hands around trying to grab me.

I managed to keep away as I put the onesie on him only to realize he was completely mesmerized by my dangling necklace and latched onto it before I got chance to tuck it away.
“No not that, anything but the necklace,” I carefully pulled it from his tiny hands.

I heard Jessie coming so I snatched a jumper from the dresser next to me and quickly put it on Andrei who was still to preoccupied with the bear to care about me pulling him around.

“You ready?” she stood at the door smiling with the dogs by her side.
“Need jacket then go,” I picked Andrei up and headed towards her.
“Oh I will go get you one, you put him in the pram,” she ducked off back into our bedroom.

I put Andrei in the pram and as always he put up a fight when it came to the restraints.
“Andrei,” Jessie sighed as she walked down the stairs to where I was struggling with him as he arched his back and pushed them away, “you don't need to cry.”
“Maybe I carry him for now,” I picked him back up and he seemed to like it better as he instantly quietened down.

“You promised you would be good, this isn't being good,” I touched his pouting bottom lip as we headed out the door.
“Now are you going to be good and go back in the pram?” I traced the side of his face as he rested his head on my shoulder.

I knelt down and put him back in the pram, he looked like he was about to throw another fit but with my stern face he didn't try it again knowing he would get in trouble.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok so if the story wasn't cute enough I decide to add a little one on one with Geno and Andrei. They needed just a little moment together and I feel a lot better after writing it :)